Monday 3rd July 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 3rd July 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 3rd July 2023

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

Have a black-winged stilt --

https://www.rspb.org.uk/our-work/rspb-n ... ed-stilts/
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

First lol of the day goes to the Torygraph

Haven't checked the article, but suspect it's the Iron Chancellor going off half-cocked ?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I see the New Conservatives (company number 14849463*) have started to show themselves.

Red wall Tory MPs put pressure on Sunak over net migration

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... are_btn_tw
Rishi Sunak is facing demands from “red wall” Conservative MPs to slash the number of overseas care workers, foreign students and refugees allowed into the UK in time for the next election.

The MPs from the 2017 and 2019 intake, who call themselves the New Conservatives, have issued a 12-point plan to cut net migration to Britain from 606,000 to 240,000 before the end of 2024.

They include the Tory party deputy chair Lee Anderson, the backbencher Miriam Cates and the Ipswich MP, Tom Hunt, all usually considered to be loyal to the prime minister.
It doesn't just "include" Cates - she, along with Danny Kreuger, created the Company back in May.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/14849463

The other Director is linked, like cates & Krueger, to this lot.

https://www.newsocialcovenant.co.uk/about-us/
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Twitter still switching off once you have your daily tweet quota, I see.

The nonsense of this with a platform which is advertising dependent has been commented on.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Good thing I switched off R4 very early today, here they are abetting yet another rabble-rousing nutter --

Now wondering what funding the 'New Social Covenant' company has .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

One person whose defeat at the coming GE would be more coveted than most.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

She does rather look like a female 30PEE LEE ?

MIRIAM CATES, wiki -

" In June 2021, in an article for online magazine UnHerd, Cates criticised the focus on protecting the elderly during the COVID-19 pandemic as in her opinion it only had a short-term impact on the "longevity of older people" and that emphasis should have been on "the long term impact of lockdowns on young peoples' lives".[28]
"

Among other garbage the New Right are always rewriting history about lockdowns (which were only ever quite short-lived and partial) and their dramatic effect on the little darlings who were prevented from acquiring 'immunity ' by getting lots and lots of childhood infections .

Like lots of garbage it's superficially plausible . Until you look closely .

Anyway, good to know for a larf that covid did NOT exist --

Much more seriously we now are seeing a new 'C ' word together with an 'A' word . C for Covid of course, and A is for Aerosol .

So C is silently subsumed under the general 'respiratory ailment' category and A is dropped off Public Health advice which NOW only tells you to wash your hands regularly ...

Good look at all that by Nate Bear -

It would be lovely if this is all wrong --
" Uruguay’s health minister said “the truth is that now there are many children hospitalised in serious condition. Some are on oxygen support and there are many children in ICU." Authorities say flu, RSV and other respiratory illnesses are the cause. Three young children have died of complications from RSV in just the last week.

We can also be sure that a significant number of these other illnesses will be covid, even if authorities won’t admit it.

The situation is troubling across South America. In Chile, paediatric capacity is close to 100%, with authorities mulling similar measures. Paraguay and Argentina have also been hit with what is being described as “abnormal” burdens of flu, RSV and other respiratory illnesses.

What’s happening in South America is simply mirroring what we saw in the northern hemisphere this winter after governments gave up on eradication and decided we had to “live with” an immune system weakening virus unlike any other in general circulation.

As we saw in the west, the lie of immunity debt – the idea that lack of contact with viruses has weakened immune systems - is being pushed as an explanation for the situation in South America. Medical experts say there is no such thing. Yet it remains the most comforting explanation for many. The alternative – covid is doing irreparable harm to our bodies and we’re never going to be well again – is too frightening. The myth retains its coddling power despite there having been no lockdowns, no social distancing, no restrictions on mixing and no masks for almost two years in most places."
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Eradication of Covid is impossible - and has been for a couple of years probably. In which case, it is a question of what other steps you take to deal with it.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I'm shocked, shocked that Sir John 'Cultural Marxism is to blame for everything' Hayes is the President of this New Conservatives bunch!

Next up - phony 'research' which we'll never get to see but for which they'll claim expenses from the taxpayer like the ERG did.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

"New" Conservatives - Same Old S*** :)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Mon 03 Jul, 2023 4:04 pm I'm shocked, shocked that Sir John 'Cultural Marxism is to blame for everything' Hayes is the President of this New Conservatives bunch!

Next up - phony 'research' which we'll never get to see but for which they'll claim expenses from the taxpayer like the ERG did.
Perhaps eating cat food wasn't the best idea?

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

That phrase 'v.silly statement' could be used for all kinds of things but this is re the Sue Gray contact with Starmer.

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

refitman wrote: Mon 03 Jul, 2023 6:23 pm
Perhaps eating cat food wasn't the best idea?

It's possible that someone tipped 30p Lee that allying himself to a group which has alternative policies to the Party when you're that party's Vice-chairman might not be the smartest thing to do...
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Considering what is currently happening in Palestine, Labour wouldn't be abstaining on the BDS legislation
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »