Thursday 6th July 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 6th July 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 6th July 2023

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit
I saved your Mastodon details just in case ...
Searching for the link below I was told I'd 'muted' @1goodtern which was new to me !

This Woman is Still at large

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Interesting thread, in that some people do manage to grow out of an unpleasant upbringing

Zoe Williams, recent interview --
I think Labour is in the grip of a kind of Stockholm syndrome, frankly. Sure Start was destroyed, deliberately, by the Conservative party; child poverty targets enshrined in law were abandoned by a government that will also, given the chance, destroy the NHS. There’s no extra layer of competence and foresight that can protect public services from governments that don’t believe in them. But I’m torn between admiring Phillipson for her reflective, careful self-criticism and wanting to tell her to wise the hell up.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -interview

Very measured and moderate and managerial .....
Last edited by frog222 on Thu 06 Jul, 2023 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Bleedin' Kate Andrews again?

Morning.

Oh dear...no doubt Sunak will find some excuse not to be in the House for the vote.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

They should have got Johnny Mercer's wife on instead. She's funnier than him and quite clearly could not give a toss about what anyone thinks about her. I mean yes she's an absolute c*nt but at least she does it with a bit of style.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Something, something, party representing workers?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

My mission is to be a millionaire before I'm 80 , which is as believable as this nonsense from my first look at the LB --
" Starmer says Labour has to grow the economy, in every part of the UK. That is why having the fastest growth in the G7 is one mission. Other missions “ladder up” to that, he says. "
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Uh-oh, the prop children are getting rowdy
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

"Nobody likes Starmer" is an obviously disprovable crank statement and there really should be better stuff to post on here.

(even from the self proclaimed "left")
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

What would be great (but completely unlikely to happen) on QT tonight, is for every audience member picked, to begin their question by asking Kate Andrews who funds he IEA.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

It would actually be pretty good if Fiona Bruce asked it, but what chance of that?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

What a pissy little bitch. He does realise we can see the video?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I think Johnny Mercer might be having some kind of breakdown. He's making an absolute dick of himself on QT and getting his arse handed to him by Bridget Phillipson of all people.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 06 Jul, 2023 4:42 pm "Nobody likes Starmer" is an obviously disprovable crank statement and there really should be better stuff to post on here.
(even from the self proclaimed "left")
As you so accurately point out Starmer even has one admirer on these here threads, at least. The "crank statement" just could be a humorous one which of course would be off-limits to our resident humour-free spud .

What worries me is how very uneasy Starmer appears . Just observe his body language, the expression on his face ?

Just LOOK !

I wouldn't mind quite so much in potentially voting for a variant on Blair if this particular specimen had any redeeming features going for him . He has no charm/charisma, call it what you want . He cannot stand up to cross-examination, he's a lousy witness for whatever the NuNuLabour Party is these days .

Just looking at his face in sundry vids, he DOES seem like a lost soul .

--------------------------------------------------------

One reason I just might feel a minuscule little bit sorry for SKS is a recent bit of Biden 'News' . Apparently Joe was so incensed at Ben Wallace announcing UA training on F16's that he forbade his becoming NATO Boss.

Who knows if that is true too , but the US State Dept history of vindictiveness goes some way to the brown-nosing of of Starmer in the headline extradition cases of McKinnon and Assange .

There, he sacrificed live human beings and their liberty , and we have to ask ourselves why ?

Was he really yhat scared of US retribution ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 06 Jul, 2023 9:26 pm I think Johnny Mercer might be having some kind of breakdown. He's making an absolute dick of himself on QT and getting his arse handed to him by Bridget Phillipson of all people.
Most excellent news :!!!!!!!!!
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

So, has anyone been seeing talk of an email? Here's a link. Line 60 looks fucking awful

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Again, statements like "absolutely nobody likes Starmer" remind me of the US "beltway" type (forget their actual name, unfortunately) who refused to believe that Nixon had won at all in 1972 (let alone in the blowout that he actually got) on the grounds that "I don't know anybody who voted for him!".

If literally nobody liked him, Labour would not be getting the poll ratings and election results that they actually have been doing.

Even the Tories being completely despised can only get you so far.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

The final QT before the Summer break (yay!) came from Fleetwood. Not a bad audience, one terminally thick wanker with a screwed up face but otherwise they seemed fairly civilised.

For the Tories we had Johnny Mercer. I mean where to start? Johnny spent the whole evening misrepresenting other panelists so badly he kept being pulled up for it, talking over them while smirking and gurning, saying the NHS was fine because it wasn't as bad as healthcare in Somalia, and claiming that the Conservatives wanted to tax the rich and give to the poor 'like Robin Hood'. He was behaving like a drunk five year old. It was quite extraordinary. He tried to claim that he hadn't said what he said about foodbank use, claiming it had been edited to make him look bad, despite the fact we all saw him saying it. Then went on to claim the online reaction to it hadn't bothered him. Which was obvious bollocks given that he appeared to be having some kind of breakdown. As I mentioned above even Bridget Phillipson lost her rag with him as did the audience on more than one occasion. In short he made an absolute arse of himself and even his wife is going to have a hard time defending him after that performance.

For Labour we had Bridget Philllipson. What the hell happenned to the robot Briget we all know and didn't love? It would appear she's been turned into a real human like a mackem Pinocchio. Tonight she was getting obviously furious while taking Mercer to task and smiling while dealing with the audience. Maybe she's looking forward to her Summer holidays and this was like a last day of term, letting her hair down kinda thing. She even laughed at a smutty joke Scottish Labour had put out about Douglas Ross not being able to get it up. It was a vast improvement on her previous appearances and she effortlessly made Mercer look like a twat. Although to be fair as mentioned above he didn't need much help.

For rightwing crackpots we had Kate Andrews. Kate was pretty anodyne tonight. Apart from suggesting the NHS should follow a more European mixed funding model not much of what she said was remotely controversial. Maybe she's growing up. Or maybe now she's established herself at the Spectator and Telegraph she's decided she's respectable and doesn't have to say mad shit anymore to get attention. Which is a shame because I preferred the old crazy Kate.

For saving the planet we had Dale Vince. I have to say I didn't think I was going to like Dale because he looked like a bit of a poser but I couldn't have been more wrong. He was actually genuinely impressive. Both in advocating his cause and making Mercer look like a clown when the idiot tried to claim Just Stop Oil were funding the Labour Party. Here we had a rich man advocating taxing the rich more to pay for public services. Someone unafraid to back people of conscience protesting to save a world for their children and grandchildren. The very same people Starmer called 'arrogant' (repeated by Mercer). I had to admire his guts given how supposedly unpopular Just Stop Oils' methods are, and it would seem the audience did too because nobody took issue with what he was saying. Well, apart from one terminally thick, twisted faced goon who seemed to think transitioning to renewables meant banning cars and leaving everyone living in caves or some shuch shit. So my apologies to Mr Vince, never judge a book by its well tanned and expensively dressed cover.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 06 Jul, 2023 10:51 pm Again, statements like "absolutely nobody likes Starmer" remind me of the US "beltway" type (forget their actual name, unfortunately) who refused to believe that Nixon had won at all in 1972 (let alone in the blowout that he actually got) on the grounds that "I don't know anybody who voted for him!".

If literally nobody liked him, Labour would not be getting the poll ratings and election results that they actually have been doing.

Even the Tories being completely despised can only get you so far.
Do you like Starmer AK?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Not actually as big a fan as some may think from my postings on here. But nor is he anything like as bad as some pretend.

Meanwhile.......anybody else on here seen THE EMAIL??
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 06 Jul, 2023 11:23 pm Not actually as big a fan as some may think from my postings on here. But nor is he anything like as bad as some pretend.
Ah so you don't like him :D.

Seriously though, I stood by him for quite a long time on this forum along with yourself and I absolutely respect your continuing fight for the cause, but surely you have to admit he's essentially shat on the promises he made when he became leader and allowed a cabal of the Labour right to settle scores and conduct purges.

From an outside point of view I couldn't care less about Labour's internal politics, but it's manifesting itself in their policies. You've got a bunch of triumphant zealots happy to bully anyone within their own party but too gutless to offer significant change to the country.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Anyway, the email? Anybody else seen it??

I have.....

Will just say for now that it wouldn't be a total shock if someone so politically psychopathic also manifested those qualities at a personal level.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Fri 07 Jul, 2023 12:01 am Anyway, the email? Anybody else seen it??

I have.....

Will just say for now that it wouldn't be a total shock if someone so politically psychopathic also manifested those qualities at a personal level.
I've linked it above. Only had a skim through.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Btw I agree that Phillipson was good tonight and has been improving for a while tbh, maybe she is possible leadership material after all.