Monday 22nd December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Re: Monday 22nd December 2014

Post by mbc1955 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Am I alone in looking at this and thinking 'these are absolute must not haves' ... who the hell thinks these things up? Or am I just hopelessly far away from the rest of supposedly normal society?
Daily Mail Must Haves For This Christmas.jpg
The 'personalised Nutella jar' beggars belief.
No, no, calm down, calm down. These are must haves for Daily Mail readers. It has nothing to do with supposedly normal society at all.
The truth ferret speaks!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

mbc1955 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Am I alone in looking at this and thinking 'these are absolute must not haves' ... who the hell thinks these things up? Or am I just hopelessly far away from the rest of supposedly normal society?
No, no, calm down, calm down. These are must haves for Daily Mail readers. It has nothing to do with supposedly normal society at all.
:lol: Thank you. That's very helpful. I was about to ask Mr Riots to buy me the 'Carvela leopard print pony leather heels' - and trying to convince him they are absolute must haves for the daily walk down the rutted and pot holed track to the postbox was going to be a difficult conversation.
Working on the wild side.
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

In which Iain Duncan Smith is hurled abuse (even his shoes come in for criticism ) [youtube]Gz7CpDmFA5s[/youtube]
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Near to exploding now ..... they've got Simon Danczuk's dad on Radio 4 now - because he's a floating voter considering going for Ukip.

This family seem to be serial self exposers. I don't want to see or hear anymore from them.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Nigel Farage slams 'pathetic' UKIP app made by schoolchildren
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 40100.html

Nigel Farage has condemned a phone app made by schoolchildren featuring a character called Nicholas Fromage kicking immigrants off the white cliffs of Dover.

The UKIP leader said the game where players kick immigrants as far as possible to gain the highest "racism" rating is "risible and pathetic" and "crosses the line"...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hoist by their own petards. Love it.

I'm no good at embedding these new fangled things called apps .... but if anyone is a better apper than me .... please do let us see Nicholas Fromage in action.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Near to exploding now ..... they've got Simon Danczuk's dad on Radio 4 now - because he's a floating voter considering going for Ukip.

This family seem to be serial self exposers. I don't want to see or hear anymore from them.

Man of Polish heritage considering voting for UKIP, being an arsehole seems to run in that family.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

mbc1955 wrote:
Surely the must have items for DM readers is this?

http://www.officeplayground.com/BS-Button-P1074.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Do you find yourself getting angry and outraged every time you read the Daily Mail? The BS Button is for you! Simply mash the button repeatedly as you read the headline and the BS Button will forcefully remind you that everything you are reading is bullshit. Medically proven to reduce the occurance of stress-induced stomach ulcers, high blood pressure and loss of tooth enamel."
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

So when a ''rough diamond" uses "chinky" and "pooftah" it's understandable, but this satire of Kippers by some kids is 'crossing the line'
Nigel Farage has condemned a phone app made by schoolchildren featuring a character called Nicholas Fromage kicking immigrants off the white cliffs of Dover.
The UKIP leader said the game where players kick immigrants as far as possible to gain the highest "racism" rating is "risible and pathetic" and "crosses the line".
ScreenShot00150.jpg
ScreenShot00150.jpg (82.51 KiB) Viewed 12215 times
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Makes a change from sheep shaggers I suppose, seriously though, are UKIP the party for the clinically stupid?

Gay donkey attacking a horse.. :?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 40230.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

http://www.cipfa.org/about-cipfa/counci ... -next-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spending power for English councils is set to fall by significantly more than presented today by the Government, according to analysis released by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA).

CIPFA’s figures show that spending power for local authorities will fall by 6.0% in 2015/16 compared to 2014/15; this figure is more than three times greater than that presented by the Government today of 1.8%*. This analysis of the funding figures has been released in response to today's announcement of the provisional local government finance settlement.
The figures also show that while council spending power per head remains higher in more-deprived parts of the country, the gap continues to narrow as funding cuts are falling most heavily upon areas of the greatest need. At a regional level, spending power in London is set to fall by 8.0% and in the North East it is set to fall by 7.8%.

In contrast councils in the South East will see their spending power reduce by only 3.4% based upon CIPFA’s spending power measure.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

citizenJA wrote:The man unsuccessfully attempts to take down Labour with his own party sinking into oblivion - is this about right or does someone have better analysis?
That is a sounder, and more succinct, analysis than that put forward by Ashcroft himself. :clap:
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
DonutHingeParty
Committee Chair

Post by DonutHingeParty »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:Makes a change from sheep shaggers I suppose, seriously though, are UKIP the party for the clinically stupid?

Gay donkey attacking a horse.. :?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 40230.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know it's UKIP, and maybe I'm just too gorged on a diet of racism and ignorance, but I find it hard not to take from this clip that this was said more as an amusing anecdote and in a spirit of bemusement than righteous bigotry - he does go on to say "I don't see the attraction myself [in homosexuality], but live and let live,"
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Crime ridden shithole latest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30577385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The number of homicides in London could fall below 100 in a year for the first time in more than 40 years, according to the Met Police.

There have been 93 homicides since January 2014, compared with more than 200 from January to December in 2001.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both parties? Really Frank!?!
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Crime ridden shithole latest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30577385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The number of homicides in London could fall below 100 in a year for the first time in more than 40 years, according to the Met Police.

There have been 93 homicides since January 2014, compared with more than 200 from January to December in 2001.
Whatever happened to that "OMG! All the kids have knives!!!" stuff?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

UKIK
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k&hl=en_GB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Description
Dear Great Britain,
Do foreign voices on trains scare you? Can you handle a European living next door? Does your wife refuse to clean behind the fridge? Do you think women are too stupid to win a game of chess or have a top level job?
If you are feeling irrational and want to live in a right wing hell hole then vote UKIK this May. These people might improve our economy, contribute to our culture and make Britain great but they are different to us so let’s kick them all out!
Yours,
Nicolas Fromage
UKIK Party- Representing Fruitcakes & Loonies everywhere

:rofl:
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

It's a meaningless figure - maybe more victims got to hospital quicker, or had better treatment. Has the figure for violent crime gone down?
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:

It's a meaningless figure - maybe more victims got to hospital quicker, or had better treatment. Has the figure for violent crime gone down?
Won't stop the Tories using the figures as justification for cutting the police budget if they win the next election
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

News rather than politics: Dust-cart crashes into pedestrians at Museum Gallery of Modern Art in Queen St Glasgow then ploughed on up street into Millenium hotel at George Square, Glasgow. There are a number of dead and injured. Police Scotland are asking shoppers to phone their families to take pressure off their phone lines. Pure awful :(
Last edited by LadyCentauria on Mon 22 Dec, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

And the gangster "culture"- or as some of us might say, a small number of people being gangsters.

You get some America gun nutters claim that we have some extraordinary number of murders by stabbing.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Mon 22 Dec, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Graun's politics page has reverted to the old style - for now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:

The Met themselves estimate about 18% percent of people who would have died in the (presumably recent) past are saved by treatment nowadays.

I always think the murder figures is one of the most meaningful figures. Usually we find out about it, and it pretty much means the same thing through time. Robberies can easily be treated as thefts or vice versa.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

LadyCentauria wrote:News rather than politics: Dust-cart crashes into pedestrians at Museum of Modern Art in Queen St Glasgow then ploughed on up street into Millenium hotel at George Square, Glasgow. There are a number of dead and injured. Police Scotland are asking shoppers to phone their families to take pressure off their phone lines. Pure awful :(
That is dreadful. Scotland has had too many of these tragic events around Christmas time.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Murder stats presumably still vary quite a bit between boroughs.

From 2011.

Lambeth had 79 in 5 years. 2.5 times Tower Hamlets.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablo ... london-map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

StephenDolan wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ation.html

Both parties? Really Frank!?!
Sometimes I really wish they'd 'withdraw the whip' from that bloody man! Grrr!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Near to exploding now ..... they've got Simon Danczuk's dad on Radio 4 now - because he's a floating voter considering going for Ukip.

I did hear that. You would think his son would put him right about "people getting £26k for doing nothing". :wall:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Pamela Nash MP retweeted
euan mccolm ‏@euanmccolm 13m13 minutes ago
jim murphy, who ran in to the clutha to help, is receiving some vile abuse for daring to express concern about today's tragedy in glasgow.
What is the matter with these people?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I see Hugo has changed his name to Herbert. :roll:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

refitman wrote:I see Hugo has changed his name to Herbert. :roll:
He changed sex for a couple of days but is male again.

I do wonder whether the mods know where he's posting from which is why he keeps getting zapped.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

This has chancers written all over it.

School already improving handed over to ARK in 2012. Playing fields sold. Gove keeps advice (which he overruled) secret for 2 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30529187" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Owen Jones talks some rubbish sometimes.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... yriza-poll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here in Britain, Syriza already represents a warning to Labour. The explosion in Syriza’s popularity has everything to do with Labour’s sister party in Greece, Pasok, coming to power and unleashing austerity on its own supporters. The consequence? Pasok is now on about 5% in the opinion polls. In Britain, some polls already have the Greens on up to 9%, and that’s before a Labour government that implements cuts has assumed power.
Bit of a difference in degree, and the fact the UK has its own currency possibly relevant here?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

I do wonder whether the mods know where he's posting from which is why he keeps getting zapped.
Could just have something to do with the fact he makes no attempt to hide who he is and everybody greets him with "Hi Hugo"; even the Mods can pick up clues like that! The CCHQ 'turfers like Rusty, HavingALaugh, Critias etc do make a token attempt to maintain a new 'voice', at least for the first day or so, which is why they get away with it for longer; always funny when they slip up though, like the time when 'Rusty' posted an 'OpenSeas' comment. :D
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Greece has a "grand coalition" with PASOK the junior partner to the centre right New Democracy.

It doesn't take a genius to work out the possible outcome of that when said government is carrying out MASSIVE cuts (far bigger than even Osborne has planned)

And since the likelihood of a Tory/Lab coalition here outside war conditions is close to zero, Jones is indeed talking bollix.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:

Could just have something to do with the fact he makes no attempt to hide who he is and everybody greets him with "Hi Hugo"; even the Mods can pick up clues like that! The CCHQ 'turfers like Rusty, HavingALaugh, Critias etc do make a token attempt to maintain a new 'voice', at least for the first day or so, which is why they get away with it for longer; always funny when they slip up though, like the time when 'Rusty' posted an 'OpenSeas' comment. :D
Genuine LOL!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Letsskip - looking at your neck of the woods I see that Alan Williams, former Father of the House, has died.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Leave us ‘toffs’ to hunt legally in peace
Labour’s ban has nothing to do with animal welfare: it is class war directed at the thousands, like me, who will again be out in our red coats today

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -red-coats
Shows the extent of the warped sense of victimhood ... 'nothing to do with animal welfare' .... complete rubbish and very offensive. But the article is shot full of poor logic, baseless accusations, and contradictions.

The attitude here screams out why we can't have the Tories back in government.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Letsskip - looking at your neck of the woods I see that Alan Williams, former Father of the House, has died.
Yes, read about it earlier, only stood down in 2010 too, long career, under quite a few PMs..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-30578603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Joe Cocker has died after a battle with lung cancer
http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update ... ng-cancer/
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Labour’s ban has nothing to do with animal welfare: it is class war directed at the thousands, like me, who will again be out in our red coats today

Shows the extent of the warped sense of victimhood ... 'nothing to do with animal welfare' .... complete rubbish and very offensive. But the article is shot full of poor logic, baseless accusations, and contradictions.

Went to have a look & got this:
guardian.jpg
guardian.jpg (88.82 KiB) Viewed 11986 times
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

danesclose wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

guardian.jpg
Presumably meant to be published on Boxing Day, when all the hunts are out lording it over the peasantry.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Joe Cocker has died after a battle with lung cancer
http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/update ... ng-cancer/
Sad news.

[youtube]4RnjWLVyMps[/youtube]
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Toby Latimer wrote:In which Iain Duncan Smith is hurled abuse (even his shoes come in for criticism ) [youtube]Gz7CpDmFA5s[/youtube]
Love it.... :D
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Hobiejoe wrote:
danesclose wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Shows the extent of the warped sense of victimhood ... 'nothing to do with animal welfare' .... complete rubbish and very offensive. But the article is shot full of poor logic, baseless accusations, and contradictions.

guardian.jpg
Presumably meant to be published on Boxing Day, when all the hunts are out lording it over the peasantry.
I hate them. I fucking hate them.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Iain Dale @IainDale · 7h 7 hours ago
New Blog by me: General Election Predictions 4: Cambridgeshire: This is the fourth in a series of blogposts (s... http://bit.ly/1vg5gN2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He's giving Cambridge as a narrow Labour gain ... despite Julian Huppert's popularity and incumbency.

He's saying Peterborough will stay Conservative - shame, it looks as though it's worth a real scrap for.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

refitman wrote:

I did hear that. You would think his son would put him right about "people getting £26k for doing nothing". :wall:
My first and immediate thought was the BBC are making mischief again and I was even more sure when his dad said he was probably voting UKIP.

Danczuk should have been too embarrassed to let them air it. But wasn't: even sort of agreed. Hope the voters send him on his way in 2015/
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Iain Dale @IainDale · 7h 7 hours ago
New Blog by me: General Election Predictions 4: Cambridgeshire: This is the fourth in a series of blogposts (s... http://bit.ly/1vg5gN2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He's giving Cambridge as a narrow Labour gain ... despite Julian Huppert's popularity and incumbency.

He's saying Peterborough will stay Conservative - shame, it looks as though it's worth a real scrap for.
I still reckon its all to play for in Peterborough, and I think Cambridge will be a lot more decisive than Dale thinks, they've interesting enough reads but he's starting off with the easy ones, Essex, Suffolk and so on, I'm waiting for the Midlands and parts of Yorkshire, plenty of meat on the bones for Labour in those areas. :fight:
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Pretty obvious these days what Ashcroft and Tim Montgomery think of The Empty One.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Silent Night Forever.jpg
Silent Night Forever.jpg (49.62 KiB) Viewed 11929 times
Badger Trust Christmas Message

The Badger Trust would like to wish all our members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

We would also like to thank you for the support you have given us throughout the year and look forward to next year when we hope badgers will have a silent night forever.
Sort of got to me.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

mbc1955 wrote:
I bet most Daily Mail readers scoff at that crap too - I think that kind of spam advertising makes money off the small fraction of dedicated personalised Nutella jar purchasers.

The ad block I use is a wonderful tool. The creator of the ad block extension for my browser asks for donations to fund the work to keep unsightly ads from dogging my Internet perusal. I literally pay to avoid advertising. Crazy.