Monday 31st July 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 31st July 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 31st July 2023

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

I don't know how popular Sunak's pro-car stance is in the rest of the country but it's probably a winner in his constituency.
Saw a snarky tweet yesterday about Richmond's beautiful market square being a car park, it's the same in all of the small towns, there'd be a riot if change was suggested.
Northallerton has a long high street with parking down each side, a twice-weekly market uses the parking spaces for the stalls, during the pandemic the road was closed on market days so the stalls could move to the middle and there was much more space for pedestrians. i thought it was a great improvement and a no-brainer to make it permanent but there was vociferous lobbying to restore the traffic.
Often wondered what the result of a properly run local poll would have been.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Asked how he was travelling to Scotland this morning, a rather grumpy Rishi Sunak, who ended the interview on BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme when it reached the five-minute limit imposed by No 10, replied:

I’ll be flying as I normally would.
Out of touch, moi?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

LOL @gilsey !

It's all a big joke for Ballsy --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2023 10:10 am Good morning.

I don't know how popular Sunak's pro-car stance is in the rest of the country but it's probably a winner in his constituency.
A look at places where Greens made big gains in May might cast some doubt on this.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

gilsey wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2023 10:16 am
Asked how he was travelling to Scotland this morning, a rather grumpy Rishi Sunak, who ended the interview on BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme when it reached the five-minute limit imposed by No 10, replied:

I’ll be flying as I normally would.
Out of touch, moi?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2023 10:49 am
gilsey wrote: Mon 31 Jul, 2023 10:10 am Good morning.

A look at places where Greens made big gains in May might cast some doubt on this.
There weren't any local elections in his constituency, though? New North Yorkshire Council.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I know, elected in 2022.

And the Tories didn't exactly do brilliantly then, coming close to losing control of a normally safe council for them.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good evening.

Apologies for not being around but the care home where my wife is now is a bit further away and as my son is here, we've been spending longer with her than when she was in hospital.

Anyway...I see Piers Corbyn being his usual twattish self but who is that cheering him on not adhering to the rules that this store clearly has? Why it's everyone's favourite head teacher who makes her pupils obey her rules...

Incidentally I notice the video did not show how he got in - presumably by forcing the gate open like he got out.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Lol