Tuesday 22nd August 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 22nd August 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 22nd August 2023

Post by gilsey »

Morning refit, have you seen this thread?

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Read that last night Gilsey. Depressing that they've had to move, but hopefully Canada will be kinder to them.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

The absolute gaslighting cheek
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Well tbf have you seen the list of "funniest jokes" from this year's festival? The winning one is OK, maybe I cracked a half smile at a few others.
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Tue 22 Aug, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

He's not exaggerating, I checked the dates : !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ship was built in 1976 and is flagged in Barbados.[2] It was converted into an accommodation barge in 1992.[3][4] It was formerly known as Floatel Stockholm and Dino I.[4]

From 1994 to 1998, it was used to house the homeless, including some asylum seekers, in Hamburg, Germany.[5][6] In 2005, it began to be used by the Netherlands to detain asylum seekers in Rotterdam.[7]

In 2013, the barge was used by Petrofac as accommodation for construction workers at the Shetland Gas Plant.[8][9] During this time, it was berthed at Lerwick, Scotland.[10
I trust the Opposition is all over these figures ...
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Alex Jones and Lozza Fox are onto a New Conspiracy, as of course there are no new cases :

( Laurie is in the film business, VERY strict on mitigation protocols and very little covid over three years , big money at stake surprise :-) )
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

On the way back down from a weekend in the borders some camping was done at Leighton Reservoir last night which is just South of Masham (of Black Sheep beer fame), it mainly involved being eaten alive by biting midges and trespassing on Yorkshire Water land. One was fun, the other not so much. By sheer fluke saw my first Yorkshire osprey. It was way too far away for a picture so instead here are some bunnies and a cool rainbow.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I mean literally every gate was locked with signs explaining how if you climbed over it you were going to die. These warnings ranged from how cold water could kill you, or dangerous currents, or you could somehow be electrocuted. Whereas in reality a reservoir is going to be about the safest place in Yorkshire Water's domain. I'd much rather risk electrocution climbing over a gate and walking over a near century old dam (how the fuck is that going to happen?) than risk a bacterial infection swimming in the shit they pump downstream.

Anyway I'm going to make an educated guess and say the construction of the reservoir must have been done by a Leeds company because my usual watering hole is The Three Hulats, which I am reliably informed are owls and refer to the city of Leeds coat of arms. Though god knows what's happening to that poor sheep.

(Edit: This crest is on the building at the end of the dam with all the workings inside it, like big cogwheels and stuff).
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

gilsey wrote: Tue 22 Aug, 2023 10:35 am Morning refit, have you seen this thread?

Well if they haven't before, they won't now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

To wrap this up and once again demonstrate the obvious superiority of Scotland. First of all Scottish water is publicly owned and second there's the right to roam. So for weirdos like me who enjoy the occasional midge infested camp under the stars North of the border none of the above would have been a problem.

Which leads me to highlight a single thing Starmer's Labour have promised which could make me vote for them, and that is to vastly extend the right to wild camp* across England including all National Parks.

Now I'm not entirely naive and am aware of a certain backsliding tendency which Labour have unfortunately been exhibiting of late, but if I voted for them and they reneged on it I'd be camping on Starmer's lawn and digging up his roses to bury my poo like a large, very pissed off neighbour's cat.

*Wild camping is arriving somewhere with a small tent then leaving with no trace that you were ever there. It is not, as a large number of idiots seem to think, driving a camper van to a scenic car park then literally leaving your shit all over the place. I've witnessed the results of this twice over the last weekend and it's fucking horrible.