Thursday 31st August 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 31st August 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 31st August 2023

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.
Grant Shapps appointed as defence secretary

Ben Wallace resignation prompts appointment of former energy secretary and mini cabinet reshuffle

I'm sure UK used to be a serious country.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Apart from the headline, a "staunch anti-cycling stance" sounds so totally normal doesn't it.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Going back to August 9th (distraction distraction) both walking up hills and getting wasted are popular Clanger pastimes. Everything in moderation (including moderation).
Last edited by tinyclanger2 on Thu 31 Aug, 2023 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

If you think Grant Shapps is bad, the first choice to replace Wallace (if you believe some accounts, anyway) was......Liam Fox.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Payne always reminds me of a character out of Harry Enfield. Certain to be a vote winner amongst the young...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

While I didn't think the latest Indiana Jones film deserved the poor reviews it's received I've just watched one that really does.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1001520/

This was bad, and I mean really bad. You've got a crew trapped on a ship with a ravenous vampire, a perfect opportunity to make a 19th Century Alien. But no, instead let's crew the ship with cliched idiots and let them get picked off by a ridiculous looking snaggle-toothed Gollum while taking the whole thing laughably seriously. Despite the alien in Alien being practically unkillable, Ripley managed to scuttle the ship and bugger off in a lifeboat (with a few added complications). In this Dracula is an old school vampire who burns in sunlight so these fools could have scuttled the ship and left in the lifeboats at their leisure during the day, it would have been piss easy, but instead they hatch a convoluted plan to deal with him at night.

I don't often say this about the films I review on here but this had absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever, it was offensively, excrutiatingly awful, and when you take the near 50 million dollar cost into account I'd say it's one of the worst films I've ever seen.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

On a happier note I couldn't recommend this site highly enough. It was mentioned in a Guardian article today. You just pick a country and a decade and away you go. It's marvellous.

https://radiooooo.com/

So today I have mostly been listening to Japanese Eighties music. Hours of the good, the bad, and the bonkers.

(There's actually a proper video but it won't let me embed it on the forum sadly)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Thu 31 Aug, 2023 9:41 pm Payne always reminds me of a character out of Harry Enfield. Certain to be a vote winner amongst the young...
I can't stand the oleaginous little creep, apart from anything else he has that posh, lisping Geordie accent that I truly detest.

Why stop at bringing back national service? If it were up to me I'd be forcing kids to eat spam while doing the twist.

It's funny, when the right looks back to the 50's 0r 60's for inspiration they always seems to stop about 1963 when things started getting good.

Should we be inspired by a decade of vibrant, liberal cultural and sexual advancement? Nah fuck that, let's look back further and make everyone miserable, it'll be good for them.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Japanese Gentlemen Stand Up Please!

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I also tried a bit of Seventies Iceland.

Did you know Bjork released a solo album when she was about 10? It was news to me.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »