Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th September 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th September 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th September 2023

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon to anyone around.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I'm around, 25 in the kitchen 33 outside !

Using Schillings solicitors for threatening libel is a reliable indication that you're a wrong'un .

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Evening all.
Have been on holiday, got distracted by work and other things, and can't entirely deal with what's going on in the world, so have even less to contribute than normal.
However, I was interested to see this on Open Science https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 2718772086 which asks some pertinent (policial) questions. Like the author, I'm not opposed to openness in science, but I am opposed "Open Science" advocatres claiming it to be many things which are so far unexamined.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

On other matters I heard that Swedish Eurovision winner in a supermarket the other day, and thought for a moment it was just a crap Abba song I'd never heard before ....

Cha cha cha cha cha cha CHA!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

File along with "effective altruism", perhaps?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh dear...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Sat 09 Sep, 2023 6:20 pm Oh dear...
I'm wondering why some otherwise normal people go on KGB News, do they get paid ?

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oops.
The male suspect, who is in his late 20s, is understood to be linked to a number of senior Tory MPs, including several who are privy to classified or highly sensitive information.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Been away for the last few days visiting PorFavor on the South Coast where it was really hot, like walking around in an oven, only to return to Leeds to find it was worse, just as hot but with added humidity so it was like escaping from an oven only to find myself in a sauna.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Sat 09 Sep, 2023 5:36 pm However, I was interested to see this on Open Science https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 2718772086 which asks some pertinent (policial) questions. Like the author, I'm not opposed to openness in science, but I am opposed "Open Science" advocatres claiming it to be many things which are so far unexamined.
Thanks, I'll have a read of that. I've only seen the term 'open science' used in regard to publishing and peer review, and in both cases it's being used by people who are genuinely trying to do good. I wasn't aware it could have been appropriated by ne'er do wells.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 09 Sep, 2023 9:14 pm Been away for the last few days visiting PorFavor on the South Coast where it was really hot, like walking around in an oven, only to return to Leeds to find it was worse, just as hot but with added humidity so it was like escaping from an oven only to find myself in a sauna.
It's just started raining here. Hopefully that'll bring the temp down a bit.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

You do have to wonder why any foreign intelligence service even bothers to go through the tedious rigmarole of recruiting agents these days when the Russians so ably demonstrated that it's much easier to simply 'donate' money to the Conservative Party.

I mean while all those Cold War KGB shenanigans were cool in films and stuff, they cost a fortune both in money and manpower, whereas these days you can slip the likes of Boris Johnson a few quid, get him pissed at a party, and next thing you know he's appointing you or your agents to the House of Lords.

If I were a member of the Chinese security services I'd be kicking up a stink about the Tories being racist. Why should they have to go through all the effort of doing things the hard way while Ivan got to send his kids (with a substantial donation) to a private school in Surrey and played tennis with Theresa May for 25 grand? It hardly seems fair.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Sat 09 Sep, 2023 10:29 pm It's just started raining here. Hopefully that'll bring the temp down a bit.
I travelled all the way up from the South coast in clear blue skies until Doncaster when I was briefly confused about why there was water on the windows before realising it was pissing down with rain. Within a couple of minutes of leaving Doncaster it stopped and the clouds were gone.

Given my previous unhappy experiences of Doncaster it seemed about right at the time to put it down to the fact that the place is an accursed shithole but maybe I had it wrong and it's the land of the blessed.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway on my journey I was listening to 90's Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ham ... tographer)
David Hamilton (15 April 1933 – 25 November 2016) was a British photographer and film director best known for his photography of young women and girls, mostly in the nude.

In October 2016, French presenter Flavie Flament accused him of raping her in 1987, when she was 13 years old. In November 2016, French magazine L'Obs published anonymous accounts from three other former models affirmed to have been raped by Hamilton. Hamilton issued a statement threatening legal action against his accusers and claimed that he did not do anything wrong. On 25 November 2016, he was found dead in his Paris apartment by apparent suicide.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh yeah I forgot, after pointing out last weekend that Labour are to the right of the U.S Democrats for the first time in living memory while I was away Starmer had a little reshuffle didn't he?

Hmm...Let's see did he undermine or bolster my point? Surely the post of shadow minister for work and pensions will give us a bit of a clue.

What? Liz fucking Kendall? The same vacant grinning idiot who backed Tory benefits cuts during her doomed leadership campaign?

Sigh.

Things can only get shitter.

Unless you listen to Japanese songs about giant rodents.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As for PorFavor, she has a Maine Coon cat which means I'm picking cat hair off everything now that I'm home.

In my experience it's good to meet people from this forum.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

pArTy oF tHe WoRkErS

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Not my most popular take, but actually I don't dislike Liz Kendall anything like as much as a lot of left wingers.

He leadership campaign was obviously catastrophic, but that is more down to the people who were running it.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

They're not going to do anything, if they get into power, are they?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

So, do you really expect no economic growth in the next parliament?

I mean, we are having some growth right now (even if it doesn't feel much like it)

Labour will use the proceeds of growth for infrastructure and public services, the Tories will use it for tax cuts - that still seems like a pretty basic dividing line.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 10 Sep, 2023 2:43 pm So, do you really expect no economic growth in the next parliament?

I mean, we are having some growth right now (even if it doesn't feel much like it)

Labour will use the proceeds of growth for infrastructure and public services, the Tories will use it for tax cuts - that still seems like a pretty basic dividing line.
Here's a wild idea. Invest in people and infrastructure and you'll promote growth.

Schools are falling down? Oh look, we just created HUNDREDS of jobs for contractors and builders. Weird how Gov investment can boost the economy.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I don't disagree. And that might well happen after the election.

But at the moment, its about not giving the Tories stuff with which they can SCARE people. Which is literally all they have these days.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

You don't think "we will stop schools falling on your kids heads and killing them, after the Tories cancelled all the previous Labour investment" wouldn't be a good message for the public?

Or would it scare off too many heads of business?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Latina sister discovered this on FB, old stuff for us I'm sure . .

Shemirami was FAMOUS ( well infamous) and now I had to jog my memory to place her .
She was in her prime when people were demonstrating outside hospitals against the er existence of covid and attacking those evil 5G masts ...

So what are her followers doing now ?

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Anyway - at the end of the day I just don't find the idea that Labour are going to these lengths in taking no chances so they can win power, and will then proceed to do nothing with it, to be terribly credible.

I mentioned the run up to the 1932 US election recently, here's another one - our own 1979 GE.

Thatcher did go big on curbing union power, undoubtedly, but apart from that their manifesto was very much a "steady as she goes" document and gave little idea of what was to come - famously, the word "privatisation" was not even mentioned.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sun 10 Sep, 2023 12:34 am As for PorFavor, she has a Maine Coon cat which means I'm picking cat hair off everything now that I'm home.

In my experience it's good to meet people from this forum.
(Despite their pets?)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

What's the betting that this report says that there really isn't anything to worry about?

That would really upset this bunch of grifters...

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

The only reason I can see for her not publishing it, is it doesn't say what they want it to say.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Hadley's playing the hits
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oops pt 2