Monday 11th September 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 11th September 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 11th September 2023

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Voter ID in England led to racial and disability discrimination, report finds
MPs and peers on the all-party parliamentary group on democracy and the constitution will publish a report on Monday saying that the rules caused more harm than they prevented when they came into force in May, and will call for changes, including the acceptance of a greater range of ID documents.
“polling clerks are more likely to fail to compare a photo ID to the person presenting that document if the person is of a different ethnicity”
Just scrap it already.

I know they won't, and neither will Labour.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Actually not sure about the latter in this case, though I can understand your scepticism.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

"We're going to have the fastest Growth in the G7, the World, the Universe"!

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

If you get sick it's because you didn't wash your hands, but ANYWAY it's actually good for you ...

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

More detail has emerged today about ministerial efforts to secure funding from the Treasury to improve the school estate, as the government continues to grapple with the crisis of crumbling concrete in school buildings.

Lord Agnew, who as academies minister 2017-20 was also responsible for school capital spending, told GB News he had about 10 meetings with the Treasury to try to secure a long-term funding envelope, but was turned down.

Agnew said reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete, or Raac, had been on the agenda for years. He asked the Treasury for a 10-year envelope of money so he could go out to the building industry and they could “tool up” for a school refurbishment programme. He said:

They said it has to sit within the spending review, but I said to them: ‘Well, are we not going to have any schools at the end of the spending review?’

I said: ‘What’s going to happen at the end of the year or the three year spending review? And of course they didn’t have any answer.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Treasury Brain, again.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Well, this explains why James is posting hospital food every day. This is very sad and frustrating
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Mon 11 Sep, 2023 8:18 pm Well, this explains why James is posting hospital food every day. This is very sad and frustrating
Ephemerid is in the same dying place if you'all here , apart from refit, can be bothered to read what she has to say.

Radiotherapy having given her an extra Summer, but failed, the oncologist is starting chemotherapy tomorrow, but the Sacred NHS has LOST her bloods, so they can only administer ONE drug of the three planned for tomorrow !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like GP's here and with you, our local nurses are self'employed .
Bloods are taken early, and then go to the local self-employed chemists, picked up at midday and taken 18 kms to the (private) lab in Coutances.
Results same evening by mail or by paper version next day for me to the local chemist .
( My GP will have known the evening before)

It's a system that works , evolved over many years .

The accounting is done centrally from our contributions so in a related area, a hip op is paid the same in a private clinic or a state hospital . My DIL ran a local team of nurses salaried by the Red Cross and they were paid the same as the self-employed mob.
------------------------------------------------------