Thursday 14th September 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 14th September 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 14th September 2023

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon to anybody about.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yet again, Treasury Brain is a curse.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Some of the anti-Akehurst stuff is OTT, but that appears to be an ill-judged comment and you might expect him to have more nous than to make it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

People’s behaviour at music gigs is getting worse. I have three rules to solve that

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... live-shows
The proliferation of class A drugs at gigs can’t be overestimated as a factor. It’s worse on a Friday night, and it’s not kids – it’s grown men (and it usually is men) on a night out after work, coked-up and showing off about their new car or their next holiday. And it’s no use trying to ignore them: if you’re stuck behind them, they’re the first thing in your sightline and the first thing in your range of hearing.

This isn’t a simple old-versus-young battle. Some of the worst culprits of chattering at concerts (like Friday night cocaine guy) are middle-aged.
I'm glad somebody has mentioned this. Even in the relatively small venue I usually go to it's becoming increasingly noticeable. Groups of blokes in their mid Fifties to Sixties standing around yammering at the top of their voices while paying absolutely no attention to the music. It's infuriating and disrespectful. Why aren't they in a pub? I've no idea if they're coked up or just pissed but I can confirm it has become a 'thing'. The worst I encountered was during a performance by an American band called Priests where a gaggle of these middle aged idiots started making lewd and disgusting comments about the female band members. It turned ugly when people around them told them to shut the fuck up and eventually they were kicked out. According to the bar manager they'd come from a conference for property developers.

I've learned to put up with phones being waved around but these arseholes need sorting out.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Having just travelled to the South Coast and back by train I must point out that Andy Burnham is talking out of his arse.

Southern Rail are by far and away the worst train company I travelled on. Their rolling stock is ancient and dirty, their trains are painfully slow, and they don't provide enough carriages so you've always got to fight for a seat even during non-peak hours. I've no idea how commuters in the South East put up with it. Travelling North is like travelling into the future. LNER and Northern Rail are vastly superior, the only comparably awful service would be Transpennine Express, but like both of those it's now under state control and should hopefully see the improvements they've both exhibited.

And he's wrong about the infrastructure as well. If you want to get to just about anywhere on the South coast, including major ports like Portsmouth or Southampton you'll end up trundling along at a snails pace on windy old Victorian rail lines.

The South East might be the richest part of the country but their trains are shit.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

High tide soon so off to the beach after this on Sinook's 100,000 house's --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Andy Burnham is right, however, that only half-doing HS2 is ridiculous and will add to the impression that we are a laughing stock unserious country..
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2023 6:27 pm Andy Burnham is right, however, that only half-doing HS2 is ridiculous and will add to the impression that we are a laughing stock unserious country..
True, but besides London barely anywhere in the South benefits from it either while still being stuck with exactly the kind of Victorian infrastructure Burnham decries. It's not a North vs South thing, it's a London vs everywhere else thing.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Gwan Ukraine
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Billionaire lets his mask slip then shits himself when everyone tells him how hideous he is without it.

Tim Gurner apologises over call for more unemployment to fix worker attitudes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66803279
One of Australia's richest men has apologised after he said that unemployment should jump to remind arrogant workers of their place.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2023 10:33 pm Billionaire lets his mask slip then shits himself when everyone tells him how hideous he is without it.

Tim Gurner apologises over call for more unemployment to fix worker attitudes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66803279
One of Australia's richest men has apologised after he said that unemployment should jump to remind arrogant workers of their place.
He's the 'avocado toast' guy, from a few years ago.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Looks can be deceptive, bit probably aren't in this case.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Thu 14 Sep, 2023 10:53 pm He's the 'avocado toast' guy, from a few years ago.
I'm guessing by that he was the one who started the whole millennials could buy a house if they weren't wasting all their money on avocado toast thing.

Whereas if he'd simply said it was horrible and they were pretending to like it because it was trendy I'd have had his back.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

A couple of French cover versions this evening from Marie Laforêt, both I think from 1966.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Lafor%C3%AAt