Tuesday 3rd October 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 3rd October 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 3rd October 2023

Post by refitman »

You know how Trump has been attacking the judge, in his NY court case? Seems like they might be coming back to bite him
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

I saw some discussion around that yesterday … looks like DJT can have it both ways — he can whinge about no jury while being spared a NY jury which is not MAGA (being NY) and then pinning any convictions on a crooked judge !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Crace --
"Everyone was absorbing the news that Sunak was poised to ditch HS2. The economy is being run by a halfwit. Or if Truss was in charge, a quarter-wit. Take your pick.

That just left Robert Jenrick to steal the show. He reckoned all would be well if people just had more babies. He sounded desperate for sex. At a push he would help out. Honest Bob. The Great Impregnator. Stick with the winners. "
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -liz-truss

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Susan Hall's campaign for London Mayor going well I see...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Rumour has it that HS2 will go to Euston but not beyond Birmingham, thus confirming Northeners' scepticism about 'levelling up'.
Last edited by gilsey on Tue 03 Oct, 2023 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

The UK's inability to invest for the long term never ceases to amaze. Multi-billion £ project goes on or not on the whim of the PM of the day. If, God forbid, Johnson was still there it would almost certainly be continuing.

Here's another example of something that shouldn't be at the mercy of the current govt's prejudices, benefit levels.

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Looks like Susan Hall has been told to keep a low profile...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Jenrick thinks people should have more kids, but shouldn't be supported by the government in doing so. A total winner and no mistake.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

No way of checking this, so far !

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Even if its true, does it matter?

Do people really need to be reminded of Tony Benn and how protective he was of his children, despite their not always having the same politics as him.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

I switched on the TV only to hear Sue Braverman in full, frightening flow. She made reference to "our friends in the media" and it was quite obvious that there was no irony intended.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Interesting that Sunak didn't consult on his Eat Out Wheeze

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. We all know Nu-Labour were cosy with The Sun and why not? It supported them. Whether that was a good or bad thing is up for debate (in my opinion bad), but it's hardly a revelation that Ed Balls would be having dinner with Rebekah Brooks.

Oh and 'The Sun wot won it' was '92 not '97.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see Suella's finally crossed the line between braying imbecilic loony and the kind of cartoon fascists you see in hackneyed political dramas.

I didn't watch her speech, but I gather she claimed all we privileged 'woke' folk could afford to be compassionate and thoughtful because we're all so rich and therefore had the means to afford our luxury beliefs.

Putting aside the fact that it's obviously bollocks, this is straight out of the totalitarian playbook, fascist or communist take your pick. Turn the working class against the liberal, educated middle class. And its worked many times in the last century alone. Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Argentina, Chile. She, or more likely those writing her speeches know exactly what they're doing. They've given up any attempt at pretending that the Conservatives represent the country as a whole. It's become us or them, stoking division and othering their opponents.

Fortunately for us true fascism only ever works (as in gaining power) when it's revolutionary, riding the crest of a wave, and violent. Unfortunately for Suella and the Tories they're riding a wave of shit in our seas and rivers, are so factionalised the only revolution will be amongst and against themselves, and as for violence most of their party members and voters are over 50 or the kind of Britain First fuckwits who piss on memorials to police officers who died protecting people from the very Islamists they claim to hate. The war will be short if all that stands between us and Suella are a bunch of pissed up fat cunts from Bolton or Huddersfield.

These are the defiant dying cries of a desperate animal.

The only really concerning thing is that the supposed predator waiting in the wings to feast upon its corpse is so timid and toothless that it may somehow bring Suella back to life.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »