Tuesday 17th October 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 17th October 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 17th October 2023

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

For those who missed it, one which escaped the Guardian Censorship —

The language being used to describe Palestinians is genocidal
Chris McGreal

I covered the Rwandan genocide as a reporter. The language spilling out of Israel after the butchery of the Hamas attacks is eerily familiar

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -genocidal

The genocidal language and general bloodthirstiness of many Israeli leaders is nothing new —
” Tutsis were debased as “cockroaches”, a word also invoked by a then chief of the Israeli defence forces to describe Palestinians. Other Israeli political, military and religious leaders have at different times described Palestinians as “a cancer”, “vermin”, and called for them to be “annihilated”. They are frequently portrayed as backward and a burden on the country.”
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

From there Irish parliament
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Fox News, Radio Rwanda , and further down the replies even the BBC where we again see how low it can now go --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon, all.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Not to be confused with Shaun Wallace of The Chase fame, presumably.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PIP may be the nastiest of the “Covid is a Cold” London professors, tho there is strong competition from her buddy François Balloux !.

Talked to my lifeguard friend at the aquacentre this morning .

THREE covids and he now finds it difficult to climb the few steps to the high chair from which they can easily see everyone in the big pool .

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

This is a good video, picking apart Ben Shapiro's dishonesty
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Horrific news from Gaza, even by the last 10 days standards. And that is true whoever was responsible.

(don't believe anyone who currently claims to *know* who that is, btw - whichever "side" they are on)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

See my above post - we don't KNOW it was an Israeli air strike at all (though yes, it could have been)

Some people are actually trying to get to the facts of this one, it is clear Corbyn has already decided regardless of that.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Well, it's only the BBC reporting it as such.

Oh, and the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... 7fcf672da8

Zarah Sultana

The AP

Channel 4

But go on, have your pop at Corbyn.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Look like Labour might be realising that backing genocidal rhetoric and war crimes might not be the best play with the general public
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

You do know what "Palestinian officials say" means, right?

Jeremy Bowen - not exactly hardline pro-Israel in his coverage down the years - says he doesn't yet know how it happened.

I will take his reading of events over Saint Jezza's, if you don't mind.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 17 Oct, 2023 9:35 pm You do know what "Palestinian officials say" means, right?

Jeremy Bowen - not exactly hardline pro-Israel in his coverage down the years - says he doesn't yet know how it happened.

I will take his reading of events over Saint Jezza's, if you don't mind.
I do love how you can't accept even the slightest possibility that Corbyn might be right on something. You're just INSTANTLY on the attack every time.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

And in that tweet SKS is completely correct.

I hope you don't think I have been arguing as I have above from a pro-Israel position, its actually from a pro-truth position.

If it turns out Israel did this, as well as being utterly horrifying its a massive big deal in propaganda terms and could change a great deal.

But equally, we don't *know* that yet. There are actually other plausible explanations for what has happened.

24 hours from now we will likely have a much better idea either way.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 17 Oct, 2023 10:32 pm I hope you don't think I have been arguing as I have above from a pro-Israel position, its actually from a pro-truth position.
Since when have the IDF ever told the truth?

The truth is that the armed forces of Israel at the behest of their extremist, racist government are commiting murderous atrocities as an act of brutal revenge. Not only that but they're committing war crimes by collectively punishing and forcibly relocating hundreds of thousands of civilians while denying them food, water and power. They're also preventing any outside aid being allowed to cross into Gaza in the hope that the Palestinians will have no choice but to flee and become refugees with absolutely no chance of ever returning. Which, to put it plainly, is ethnic cleansing. That's the truth.

For all their talk of only targetting Hamas it's remarkable how similar their approach seems to the way the Russians have operated in Syria and Ukraine, almost barbarically medieval. Besiege and starve whole cities then bomb them into submission. Next thing we know Gaza will be having a referendum where 95% of them vote to become part of Israel. The Israeli right and their American allies are already talking about it, one of Netanyahu's mates was on CH4 news last night openly talking about using this brutal savagery to 'steer' what remains of the Palestinians in Gaza towards a more 'co-operative' political accommodation with Israel. This is straight from the handbook of every murderous despot from Putin all the way back to the Assyrians I mentioned the other night. Only despite their reputation they didn't murder the ten tribes of Israel, they relocated them and when given the choice most of those Jews never went back.

The truth is Israel is openly and brazenly committing war crimes (again), this isn't a controversial opinion as the letter from multiple experts in international law have tried to explain to a Labour party now so petrified of any controversy that they've become a moral vacuum.

As a Labour supporter looking at it from a purely domestic political perspective you can try to justify their approach as pragmatic, but surely as a human being you know it's wrong.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway shall we talk about Peter Bone's ignominious downfall?

I remember when he spoke in favour of cutting disability benefits while it was revealed he'd claimed more expenses for free food in a year than any other MP. Nearly £5000 which was more at the time than a single person claiming disability benefits could receive in total per annum.

He's always been a piece of shit and while I'd have much preferred he'd been taken down for political reasons flashing his wrinkled dick at an intern will do. Not for the intern obviously, but if you're prepared to work for Peter Bone how much sympathy should I have?

I note Peter's defence is to claim that when the original complaints were made the system which has found him guilty didn't exist. I'm sure there's a Latin legal term for such an argument but, conspicuously, he's not arguing about the facts but trying to get off on a technicality.