Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th November 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th November 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th November 2023

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Our Home Secretary. How low can she go?

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Probably even lower?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

If it's a 'lifestyle choice' why did rough sleepers all but vanish from our city centres during the worst of Covid when the government provided councils with extra funds to house them?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Nadine's account of a dastardly bunny murdering cabal secretly controlling the Tory party receives and important endorsement.

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 04 Nov, 2023 1:21 pm If it's a 'lifestyle choice' why did rough sleepers all but vanish from our city centres during the worst of Covid when the government provided councils with extra funds to house them?
Landline restored and was much relieved that your recent reinfection was not TOO bad !

The old copper wire has taken a beating with three poles down in the last five years . This is the last rotten one so the overhead fibre one should be quite safe --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 04 Nov, 2023 2:01 pm Nadine's account of a dastardly bunny murdering cabal secretly controlling the Tory party receives and important endorsement
Well that's me convinced and no mistake :)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Sat 04 Nov, 2023 5:19 pm Landline restored and was much relieved that your recent reinfection was not TOO bad !
Thanks. It's been so mild I'm almost happy to have been reinfected. Hopefully it will act like a booster and help fend off anything nastier over the Winter.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

This is just a little bit confusing now.

On the one hand we have a Government-appointed bod who guarantees free speech at universities.

But on the other, the same Government might determine some of that free speech to be labelled as extremist.

Huh?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... -uk-values
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

There's a lot of people who simply will not comment on the makeup of the Israeli Government right now (if there is in fact something approaching that) for fear of being labelled antisemitic or 'being on the side of Hamas'.

And even acknowledging that Likud aspire to the 'from the river to the sea' as well is a definite no-no.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Having a broad based "war government" is very well, but maybe bring in the centrists like Lapid and dump the loony right?

Also it shouldn't be for Netanyahu to decide when the conflict ends, given he has an obvious vested interest in it continuing as long as possible.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Considering this country doesn't seem to have any values, I'd say everyone is safe 🤷?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Have to say that Wes Streeting's response to this - "that's the Tory party done for, then" - is pretty good.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Did anyone order another Nicolas Cage review? No? Well you're getting one anyway. If I can hear myself think over the absurdly loud fireworks some idiot is letting off a couple of streets away. They're the kind of things you see being let off over the Thames at New Year. They must cost thousands. So I'm presuming they're stolen. Anyway...

The Retirement Plan

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14827638/

This one is best described as a lightweight thriller comedy, despite the fact Nicolas Cage kills about 30 guys, mostly by hand. Most notable is the cast, which also includes Ron Perlman and Ernie Hudson (Winston from Ghostbusters), along with a surprise appearance from Cage's natural beard. For once he's playing someone older than him so nothing wrong with a bit of grey.

The plot is paper thin. Some shenanigans occur involving the theft of a hard drive from a crime syndicate involving Cage's estranged daughter so she sends her daughter to Cage with said hard drive to ask for his help. Things happen and eventually a procession of hapless musclebound goons are sent to kill Cage and get the hard drive back. Little do they know he's a retired government assassin and despite being 30 years older than them he engages them in physical combat and dispatches them nonchalantly in various unlikely ways. Things escalate, Cage kills many more goons, often in front of his grand daughter who ends up becoming an active participant in the bloodbath, and everything turns out fine in the end.

This is a strange one, I mean I think it's supposed to be funny. Cage's quips and comedic overacting would certainly suggest so, but the tone is all over the place. One minute it thinks it's an Eighties action movie and the next we have Ron Perlman discussing Othello with a child. It's far from the bizarreness of much of Cage's output but it's hard to figure out what the director thought they were playing at.

As such I can at best give it a 5/10 on the Cageometer.

There's nothing terrible about it, apart from Cage not going crazy at any point, but it's not great either.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And now it's all gone quiet. Too quiet.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I know Froggy is interested in Covid so I just thought I'd give an update on my mild infection despite it meaning I have to admit an embarrassing secret. I go jogging. It's true, I've been doing it for about a year. I've got a handy park next door and was putting on weight so thought I'd give it a go. It's absolutely awful, all those joggers you see passing you on the street look miserable and pained for a reason, but it got results so...

Anyway back to Covid, I thought I'd got rid of it, felt completely fine, so headed out today for a couple of laps round the park and it went badly to say the least. After a couple of minutes I was gasping for air, seeing weird patterns in front of my eyes, and had a really odd fizzing/popping sensation in my legs and feet while my heart tried to burst out of my chest. It was fucking scary and yet within 10 minutes of getting home I felt ok again. Last time I ran round that park I barely broke a sweat. It's too early to start worrying but it just goes to show how a mild infection can fuck you up more than you realise.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Listen to your body, rest up.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Lee Anderson MP

@LeeAndersonMP_
On the 6th October 2023 I shared a link on X to a Mail Online article entitled ‘Militant union leader at the heart of doctors strikes is a Labour activist who boasted of charging the NHS for a strike cover shift. I accept that my words were misleading as the subject in question Dr Tom Dolphin was not on strike on the date of the shift in question but was simply covering a shift as a consultant for junior doctors who were on strike on 11th August 2023. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to Dr Dolphin for any distress upset caused. I will also like to add that I understand that Dr Dolphin actually donated his pay for the covered shift which I believe was £1870 to the BMA strike fund and whilst I do not agree with the strikes I want to go on the record to say that I think it is a very unselfish act on the part of Dr Dolphin to put his money into something he strongly believes in. I will make the same contribution to compensate the upset I may have caused Dr Dolphin. Please Repost.
6:45 PM · Nov 5, 2023
·
2.3M
Views
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

gilsey wrote: Sun 05 Nov, 2023 11:29 pm Listen to your body, rest up.
I didn't get where I am today by listening to my body.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As an illustration of what's gone wrong on the right, can anyone think of left wing alternatives to Lee Anderson, Cummings, Birbalsingh, Dorries or Braverman?

It's a list we could all expand upon but they all seem so angry and outraged at everything as if they're the victims. I understand that's a well worn trope of far right politics but they seem so unhappy.

Imagine what they're going to be like after the next election.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »