Tuesday 7th November 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 7th November 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 7th November 2023

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Hi there, bit quiet today - or was the King's Speech simply too riveting?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 2:04 pm or was the King's Speech simply too riveting?
I think the overall response seems to have been, 'Was that it?' Even Charlie looked bored.

At least most of the maddest shit the Tories have been spouting of late was notable by its absence.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yes, the Braverman "lifestyle choice" lunacy was notable by its absence. Maybe she is getting ready to resign soon?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

McVey living down to her reputation
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

So after a (thankfully) underwhelming King's speech we got a rambling tedious response from Starmer (apart from his welcome attack on Braverman), a pack of outright lies from Sunak (I counted six), and an excellent effort from Stephen Flynn where he advocated higher immigration, rejoining the Single Market, and even got away with calling Douglas Ross 'a wee daftie'.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 4:18 pm So after a (thankfully) underwhelming King's speech we got a rambling tedious response from Starmer (apart from his welcome attack on Braverman), a pack of outright lies from Sunak (I counted six), and an excellent effort from Stephen Flynn where he advocated higher immigration, rejoining the Single Market, and even got away with calling Douglas Ross 'a wee daftie'.
Which is the one bit that anyone will remember, so job done?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Had a quiet day escaping from news, empty sauna at opening time in Granville and at last I had a couple of tyres changed which was a lot cheaper than the €180 fine for their being bald !

Experimented the clean airy MacDo, must never ask for a large coffee again, it was very very weak and HUGE ...

I wonder if this stays up on the LB --

" We have been told that UK surveillance assets in Cyprus are proudly being used to hunt down the comms of Hamas leaders .

Is that what helps the Israelis to also target journalists, particularly Al Jazeera? "
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 5:30 pm Experimented the clean airy MacDo, must never ask for a large coffee again, it was very very weak and HUGE ...
Could be worse, I went out for lunch with a friend and the eggs on my Eggs Benedict weren't runny :( .
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

What do we make of the argument that because the King's speech was so lacking in legislative substance we could be facing a May election?

Personally I doubt it, it seems more likely to be a symptom of a moribund government lacking in both ideas and the ability to get them past their own MPs, but you never know.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

My answer to that is - as it has long been - that the Tories would very plausibly like to go in May if they *could*.

But if the polls are anything like now, they won't - even Sunak isn't that suicidal.

Anyway, the briefing just a week or two ago was that Halloween was the preferred date.....
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Is Starmer dog-whistling over the Palestine protests?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh dear...one of Boris' old mates from his Mayoral days sticks the knife in...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 7:32 pm Oh dear...one of Boris' old mates from his Mayoral days sticks the knife in...
Remember when they used to call him Teflon Boris? Now it's as if he's a freakish creation comprised entirely of fly paper.

Just 18 months ago he still seemed untouchable and just look at the state of him now.

Covered in dead flies.

Quite the turnaround.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 7:31 pm Is Starmer dog-whistling over the Palestine protests?
How do you mean? The 'taking back our streets' thing? If so I don't think so although I am confused by it. I've been out and about today and all the streets were still there. Nobody had stolen them.

What I'd like to hear is some comment from Labour about this appalling nonsense that the police will be able to kick our doors in without a warrant if they have 'reasonable suspicion' that we're handling stolen goods. The only push back I've seen so far is from David Davis.

I mean I understand the Tories always go for tough on crime when they're desperate but I suspect most people in this country won't be best pleased when they discover the police will be able to legally smash their front door in using the flimsiest of excuses.

Taking a wider view it also seemed foolhardy for Sunak to even mention crime when we have a police force which only solves 5% of crimes, a courts system with backlogs so long that even if the police do solve a crime you'll be waiting years to go to court, and prisons so full to bursting that even if you're found guilty you're unlikely to get a custodial sentence.

And yet Sunak stood there and lied through his teeth once again claiming crime has fallen by 50%. He's been told multiple times it's an entirely fictitious figure which arbitrarily discounts fraud, but it's all he's got. delusional, dishonest bluster that's completely at odds with the reality the rest of us live in.

Anyway I appear to be going off on one again so I'll leave it at that and won't hold my breath when it comes to Labour putting up any meaningful fight against us suddenly finding our boys and girls in blue in our front room uninvited. Or indeed any fight at all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 10:50 pm
RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 7:32 pm Oh dear...one of Boris' old mates from his Mayoral days sticks the knife in...
Remember when they used to call him Teflon Boris? Now it's as if he's a freakish creation comprised entirely of fly paper.

Just 18 months ago he still seemed untouchable and just look at the state of him now.

Covered in dead flies.

Quite the turnaround.
And just at the point that GB News have taken him on...the timing is exquisite.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 07 Nov, 2023 11:59 pm
And just at the point that GB News have taken him on...the timing is exquisite.
It's probably the best place for him, tragically plying his besmirched wares alongside the other freaks and weirdos at that carnival of the fucked up and absurd.

Would you have paid P.T. Barnum to see the Snake Lady?

Yes? Well here's GB news attitude to free speech you gullible twats.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

It's so good.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »