Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th November 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th November 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th November 2023

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

More of this guy please
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

It's a good thing Braverman cracked down on those horrible, intolerant lefties, with their dastardly calls for peace. Otherwise there might have been violence today...oh

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Very good too !

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Suella's stormtroopers were meant to attack the marchers, not the cops. Whoops.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

There really should be a bit more effort to dissuade certain people from unambiguously AS chants though.

(and I mean actually unambiguous, not even talking "from the river to the sea" here)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 4:59 pm There really should be a bit more effort to dissuade certain people from unambiguously AS chants though.

(and I mean actually unambiguous, not even talking "from the river to the sea" here)
I think there should be more effort by at least certain sections of our political & media class not to paint protesters for peace - including many, many Jews, as violent thugs, who are all anti-semitic and want to destroy Israel.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I'm sure this will come as a shock to everyone...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

refitman wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 5:34 pm
AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 4:59 pm There really should be a bit more effort to dissuade certain people from unambiguously AS chants though.

I think there should be more effort by at least certain sections of our political & media class not to paint protesters for peace - including many, many Jews, as violent thugs, who are all anti-semitic and want to destroy Israel.
I completely agree that the large majority of the protesters are absolutely fine, and also know from going on big demos myself in the past that you will always attract some cranks. I still think more could be done to *officially* discourage some of the Islamist stuff though.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 5:49 pm
refitman wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 5:34 pm

I completely agree that the large majority of the protesters are absolutely fine, and also know from going on big demos myself in the past that you will always attract some cranks. I still think more could be done to *officially* discourage some of the Islamist stuff though.
Seriously AK, you need proof to back that up , don't you ?

Videos, translations ETC
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Just got in and watching the news coverage it looks like Suella's moronic minions have really shat the bed today. If I were unfortunate enough to be of a right wing persuasion I'd be furious with those brainless thugs. What ordinary will people have seen today is hundreds of thousands of marchers behaving peacefully while a few hundred far right dickheads attacked the police. What effect will that have on public opinion? Who looks like they're spreading hate? While I fully believe Braverman is thick enough not to realise what she was doing could blow up in her face there must have been people around her who knew encouraging fascists was likely to backfire. It's not like they're known for their self control. This has been a disaster for the Tory right and their media backers and it'll be interesting to see if they end up turning on her.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 6:00 pm Just got in and watching the news coverage it looks like Suella's moronic minions have really shat the bed today. If I were unfortunate enough to be of a right wing persuasion I'd be furious with those brainless thugs. What ordinary will people have seen today is hundreds of thousands of marchers behaving peacefully while a few hundred far right dickheads attacked the police. What effect will that have on public opinion? Who looks like they're spreading hate? While I fully believe Braverman is thick enough not to realise what she was doing could blow up in her face there must have been people around her who knew encouraging fascists was likely to backfire. It's not like they're known for their self control. This has been a disaster for the Tory right and their media backers and it'll be interesting to see if they end up turning on her.
It will be interesting if any of the Labour leadership decide to make the point that the people championed by the 'law & order' Tory Party turned out to be racist, violent thugs. Not holding my breath though.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

News from the National Trust AGM.

None of the Restore Trust candidates were elected - even Sumption who I thought might have a chance - and none of their resolutions passed.

I guess that means that RT will go back to sleep again for a year before popping up again, although if there is an election I fully expect their leader to be a Tory MP so they might just collapse in a heap.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 6:19 pm It will be interesting if any of the Labour leadership decide to make the point that the people championed by the 'law & order' Tory Party turned out to be racist, violent thugs. Not holding my breath though.
Given how many of those far right thugs are convicted paedophiles and sex offenders you'd think Labour would be perfectly happy to put the boot in but they'll just pussyfoot around the subject for fear of alienating red wall voters or some such cowardly shit.

Watched the Talons of Weng-Chiang last night.

It was an absolute joy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... ang-part-1
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

The description of Mr Sin, in the book, properly gave me the willies when I was a kid.

I think that was a book I got from the charity book bin, when I used to go with my parents when they gave blood.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 6:36 pm News from the National Trust AGM.

None of the Restore Trust candidates were elected - even Sumption who I thought might have a chance - and none of their resolutions passed.

I guess that means that RT will go back to sleep again for a year before popping up again, although if there is an election I fully expect their leader to be a Tory MP so they might just collapse in a heap.
Always a pleasure to see the Tufton St lot losing.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Continuing her descent into insanity, SB is now apparently demanding an instant snap election if her pet Rwanda scheme gets the thumbs down from the Supreme Court this coming week. I know she doesn't believe polls and simply knows she speaks FOR THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF PEOPLE, but still.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

He's got some cheek, with this statement
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Having watched some of the footage of the racist scum in action one thing springs to mind.

Why are they all so badly dressed?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 8:05 pm Having watched some of the footage of the racist scum in action one thing springs to mind.

Why are they all so badly dressed?
Fascists are known to be somewhat lacking in imagination...
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 7:06 pm The description of Mr Sin, in the book, properly gave me the willies when I was a kid.
Played by Deep Roy. Honestly give it a go, it's wonderful.

Well apart from the giant rat and some troublesome dialogue about the Chinese which would never make it into a script these days.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Dear oh dear, a great deal of wailing and gnashing of teeth on the far right of Twitter tonight, I think even they realise today was an absolute shitshow for them. Even the Mail has an article taking the piss out of 'Tommy Robinson' for running away in a taxi. People aren't just disgusted by them, they're laughing at them.

Way to go lads, outstanding performance. Suella will be so pleased.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sat 11 Nov, 2023 11:45 pm Dear oh dear, a great deal of wailing and gnashing of teeth on the far right of Twitter tonight, I think even they realise today was an absolute shitshow for them. Even the Mail has an article taking the piss out of 'Tommy Robinson' for running away in a taxi. People aren't just disgusted by them, they're laughing at them.

Way to go lads, outstanding performance. Suella will be so pleased.
Running away in a taxi with rainbow decals no less :lol:
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Half a million march peacefully, a few hundred far right thugs turn up, attack the police, throw racist abuse and missiles at marchers, and Dan thinks they're both the same. Pity poor Dan for his brain is small and he doesn't know how to cope with the narrative he's been pushing going up in smoke.

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I liked Sunak's offence of "brandishing Hamas clothing" .

Sounds very dangerous ! :-)

Reminds me of that other one of "Wearing an Anti-Blair teeshirt" .

Mail on form ----

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh look, weaponising AS to suppress free speech.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Now that we've descended into Trump 'bad people on both sides' territory, it's almost reassuring to remember that instead of nutters bristling with automatic weapons and body armour we have pathetic scrotes like these.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Sun 12 Nov, 2023 1:00 pm Oh look, weaponising AS to suppress free speech.
That would be ex Labour Friends of Israel chair and co-owner* of the Jewish Chronicle John Woodcock.

In April 2020, Woodcock was named as part of a consortium, led by Robbie Gibb and including William Shawcross and John Ware, that put in a bid to purchase the assets of The Jewish Chronicle. The Jewish Chronicle chairman Alan Jacobs criticised the offer's anonymity, saying "A bid for the Jewish Chronicle using money from an unidentified source and fronted by a group of individuals who refuse to tell the world anything of their plans looks like a shameful attempt to hijack the world's oldest Jewish newspaper." The bid was successful.
And now they're publishing Douglas Murray articles claiming the Nazis really didn't enjoy murdering Jews. In fact it made them so sad they turned to drink, drugs, and singing songs.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Hey, another disappointment for Tufton St. May they keep coming
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Tufton Street being returned to the margins under a Labour government is in itself reason enough to want one.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Someone's getting a lesson in 'fucking around and finding out'
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

We can't defile the sanctity of the Cenotaph, with a march for peace that goes no-where near it. This is fine though.

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Cruella's footsoldiers at work --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

refitman wrote: Sun 12 Nov, 2023 6:39 pm We can't defile the sanctity of the Cenotaph, with a march for peace that goes no-where near it. This is fine though.

Seriously, why the f*** was that even allowed?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AK ---- agreed but how exactly would you stop it ???

Parking this for tomorrow .

For God’s sake, these people walk amongst us —

“” Eve Barlow @Eve_Barlow
The people who marched in London yesterday aren’t mere bystanders. They are worse. They are perpetrators. Every one of them is a Holocaust denier, every one of them is a person thirsty for Jewish blood, every one of them is a rape and pedophilia apologist, every one a hypocrite.””

Difficult to be sure it’s not some crazy from Moscow Central, but then i think of Baddiel, and Finkelstein, and the batshit Margaret Hodge with her panic bag by the front door .

Those people really BELIEVE .

Like arachnophobes or any other phobics .

OR QAnon, or Trumpists, the list goes on !!!!!!!!!!!
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

frog222 wrote: Sun 12 Nov, 2023 9:46 pm AK ---- agreed but how exactly would you stop it ???

Parking this for tomorrow .

For God’s sake, these people walk amongst us —

“” Eve Barlow @Eve_Barlow
The people who marched in London yesterday aren’t mere bystanders. They are worse. They are perpetrators. Every one of them is a Holocaust denier, every one of them is a person thirsty for Jewish blood, every one of them is a rape and pedophilia apologist, every one a hypocrite.””

Difficult to be sure it’s not some crazy from Moscow Central, but then i think of Baddiel, and Finkelstein, and the batshit Margaret Hodge with her panic bag by the front door .

Those people really BELIEVE .

Like arachnophobes or any other phobics .

OR QAnon, or Trumpists, the list goes on !!!!!!!!!!!
Eve Fartlow.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Been out tonight to see this.

Mutiny in Heaven: The Birthday Party

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/o ... ic-assault

A bunch of Aussie punks/heroin addicts turn up in London and they hate it so much they end up producing some of the angriest, most disturbing music you're ever likely to hear in response.

My Mum told me to stop playing it.

Nick Cave had a ridiculous moustache and slicked back hair which prompted me to mention Magnum PI to my friend and the drunk ladies sitting next to me who were happily vaping and talking and enjoying themselves so I joined them.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Just to clarify it's Leeds film festival and yesterday afternoon I watched a Chilean film about genocide in Patagonia in the form of a Western with a really shitty Scottish mercenary. The landowners (mostly Spanish) wiped out an entire people just so they could get their beef to the Atlantic trade routes. All of it was true (besides the psychotic Scot) and I ended up stumbling around the city centre in a state of minor shock because what I'd just seen was so fucking horrifying.

It was called 'The Settlers'.

Edited to add review.

https://observer.com/2023/10/the-settle ... l-western/
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

We're in a never ending fight for decency and humanity. It never stops because half of our species are fucking morons.

It's been a problem with democracy for 2500 years.

What to do about it?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Keep fighting?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 13 Nov, 2023 12:32 am Keep fighting?
I dont know about you but I'm tired.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Being tired is better than being dead.

And on that cheerful (?) note, goodnight.