Tuesday 28th November 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 28th November 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 28th November 2023

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

In December 2020 I was with my daughter when the public servant from Social Security doing contact tracing called, a good long call too.

In the Channel Isles local Health Directors (particularly virologist Dr Brink in Guernsey) had set up teams of tracers in mid-February, something which could have been done UK-wide ...

Being reminded of Typhoid Dido and her useless bloody private call centres --

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Tory in the HoL is not impressed by current Tory PM...all going well then.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Any Succession fans here, I haven't watched much of it but I know what he means.

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Even "better", if you believe some accounts, is Rishi having his strop because the Greek PM met with Starmer first.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

This was posted elsewhere, but scroll down to the Christmas tree and prepare for a huge nostalgia hit https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... -live-blog
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Evening Refit, I was going to apologise for being a drunk, argumentative knob the other night but after watching Michael Gove's performance at the Covid enquiry today I'll take a leaf out of his book and instead ramble on at length about completely unrelated stuff like when I was in Tesco earlier I saw a lady put a box of eggs in her bag without scanning them at the self service tills and didn't say anything and did you know that you are now 2.5 million kilometres from where you were last week because that's how far the Earth has gone round the sun in that time in fact I'll just keep talking and talking despite being asked to shut up and then we'll have a short break and when I come back I'll be all jittery and fidgety and make weird noises for some reason and eventually everyone will become exasperated but I'll sit there looking all smug thinking I've been an absolute genius because I made a half arsed apology right at the start and despite all of my filibustering antics that's what's going to make the headlines so once again I've got away with being a total dick.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

For example.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

refitman wrote: Tue 28 Nov, 2023 10:03 pm This was posted elsewhere, but scroll down to the Christmas tree and prepare for a huge nostalgia hit https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... -live-blog
Genuinely pleased that Andrew remembers me, I still post "over there" occasionally but don't think I have done so on his blog since before the 2015 GE.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 28 Nov, 2023 11:03 pm
refitman wrote: Tue 28 Nov, 2023 10:03 pm This was posted elsewhere, but scroll down to the Christmas tree and prepare for a huge nostalgia hit https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... -live-blog
Genuinely pleased that Andrew remembers me, I still post "over there" occasionally but don't think I have done so on his blog since before the 2015 GE.
That Sparrow page is from 2012.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

D'oh!!

The headline could pretty easily be from now, of course.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Not that I'm bitter or anything but I see that while the forum gets a mention I don't, possibly because they banned me twice in the space of a couple of days for asking if anyone wanted to join it. As far as I recall I only 'advertised' it on the blog they had about introducing nesting, and only after they completely ignored the overwhelming weight of opinion that it was a bad idea. Exactly what we warned would happen happened and it went from a forum for civilised debate to an arena for argument and one-upmanship. Even setting aside the politics and news side of things commenting on the football articles back then was a pleasure, there was a genuine sense of community with good natured rivalry and within weeks of them changing the format it was gone, completely destroyed by a tsunami of witless shit.

I understand why they did what they did from a revenue perspective but it was an act of outright vandalism and while I still have a Guardian profile I last posted...let's see...2 comments in 2020 and they were in response to an article about Brian Blessed swearing a lot. Apparently it helps with pain relief, swearing I mean, it doesn't have to be Brian Blessed expressing profanity but he does it so well and I'm sure if you asked him nicely he'd do it for you for a small fee.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Huh, my last few comments are from 2020 as well. A couple on a Sparrow blog, a column about fried egg sandwiches and the S2 Altered Carbon review.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Well, that was completely avoidable. *slow clap*
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I can't help but ask, why now? Haven't they got pretty much what they wanted, or is there another agenda??
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 28 Nov, 2023 11:35 pm D'oh!!

The headline could pretty easily be from now, of course.
Actually it couldn't. Say what you like about Cameron and Osborne but they were always professional and you always knew if they were going to take your money, in fact they delighted in telling you about it.

Whereas almost a week from the Autumn statement disabled and sick benefit claimants still have no idea what's going on. I hate to keep banging on about this but I've never seen the levels of basic incompetence we're getting from this fag end of a government.

You'd think the civil servants in the cabinet office would be trying to mitigate this chaos but either it's too much for them or they don't give a shit either.

It's like the last days of Rome.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Wed 29 Nov, 2023 12:18 am Huh, my last few comments are from 2020 as well. A couple on a Sparrow blog, a column about fried egg sandwiches and the S2 Altered Carbon review.
Fried egg sandwiches are best if you leave the yolk about half runny after a quick flip.

Sorry about having a go the other night mate. You can say terf to your heart's content.

Occasionally after a lot of alcohol I may think I'm some kind of male feminist superhero, there are many reasons for this.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway...

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see .Ok fine. Be like that.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Wed 29 Nov, 2023 12:47 am
refitman wrote: Wed 29 Nov, 2023 12:18 am Huh, my last few comments are from 2020 as well. A couple on a Sparrow blog, a column about fried egg sandwiches and the S2 Altered Carbon review.
Fried egg sandwiches are best if you leave the yolk about half runny after a quick flip.

Sorry about having a go the other night mate. You can say terf to your heart's content.

Occasionally after a lot of alcohol I may think I'm some kind of male feminist superhero, there are many reasons for this.
Try them with a bit of sweet chiili sauce.

No worries fella.