Tuesday 5th December 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 5th December 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 5th December 2023

Post by RogerOThornhill »

"Cut down on immigration!...No, not those ones!"

Oh dear.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Tim Stanley as well, yesterday. Leopards, faces.

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

If your sole motivation is headlines in the following day's right wing papers, this sort of thing is inevitable.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Well I lasted till 13.07 on WATO but refused to listen to Lt Colonel Calamity on his "Bullshit" treaty .

The super new Aquacentre in Granville shares a car park with the Hotel and Catering Lycée and I've counted up to fifteen of refit's favourite French car --

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 05 Dec, 2023 8:33 am "Cut down on immigration!...No, not those ones!"

Oh dear.
Oh dear indeed. In his follow up tweet he goes after benefit claimants instead because they're the real problem, this wouldn't be happening to his colleague if it wasn't for them.

In the event someone at The Spectator is having to claim Universal Credit (unlikely I know) and Frazer has to find someone else to blame who is he going to go after next?

How low is Frazer prepared to go?

Lazy children not prepared to clean chimneys? Indolent dogs?

When, for once in his life, Frazer is faced with the negative consequences of a Tory policy does he pause for reflection? Does it make him think? Of course not.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Compare and contrast.

I’ve got news for those who say Brexit is a disaster: it isn’t. That’s why rejoining is just a pipe dream - Larry Elliott

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... pe-economy
Back in the 1960s and 1970s, one of the key arguments for joining what was then called the Common Market was that members of the bloc were doing so much better than we were. While Britain was living on past glories, other western European countries powered ahead. The contrast was starkest with Germany, but unflattering comparisons were also made with France, the Netherlands and even Italy. Indisputably, the six countries that formed the original Common Market grew faster and had fewer structural problems.

That argument cannot be made today. Over a prolonged period, not just since the arrival of Covid-19, the EU’s economic performance has been woeful.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well he isn't called Larry the Lexiteer for nothing.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Will look at Larry later !

Thom Hartmann ( always worth a listen, a better 12 mins than most, as the world hangs on the next US election ? Some other nuggets too ... )

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Will take a lot of convincing that Harris is a viable prospect for the Dems next year, I'm afraid.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

"No, not them either!"

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

It would be one of the ironies of our age if we ended up taking refugees from Rwanda, without ever sending anybody there.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

In case anyone hasn't heard about this.

Florida GOP Chair Accused of Sexually Assaulting Threesome Partner

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234906540/

So Christian Ziegler, chair of the Florida Republicans, has been accused of rape and sexual battery by an unnamed woman who was in a threesome with Ziegler and his wife, he denies the rape accusation but neither he nor his wife deny having been in a long term menage et trois with the woman. So far so typical political sex scandal, but wait there's more. You see his wife Bridget Ziegler is a co-founder of 'Moms For Liberty', an extreme right wing activist group which purports to promote Christian family values, ostensibly by harassing teachers and school boards into banning any books which they perceive to have references to LGBT issues. They even wanted to ban a book about seahorses because the males carry the fertilised eggs, I shit you not. Anyway it's obviously come as a bit of a surprise to everyone (or maybe not) that one of their founders has been indulging in the very kind of behaviour that they not only denounce but actively try to ban any reference to and now everyone's laughing at them and they're being relentlessly mocked in the press and online.

Evidently they failed to learn from the tragedy of John Major, Edwina Currie and 'back to basics'.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 05 Dec, 2023 10:30 pm "No, not them either!"
The wonderful staff in the nursing home my Mum resides in are almost all from India, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. Because my Dad is there almost every day and likes chatting to young ladies (he's an old smoothie) we know a bit about them. Most of them have brought kids over who go to the local primary schools.

I'm pretty much ignorant when it comes to immigration law so maybe I'm wrong but it looks like the changes mean these women will have to send their children back when their work visas have to be renewed because they don't earn enough.

It's monstrous, yet Labour are cool with it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 05 Dec, 2023 10:41 pm It would be one of the ironies of our age if we ended up taking refugees from Rwanda, without ever sending anybody there.
According to the new treaty if an asylum seeker is sent to Rwanda then commits a crime guess where they are deported to?

That's right, the UK.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »