Tuesday 30th December 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 30th December 2014

Post by refitman »

Looking at the list of honours, they seem to have given one to almost everyone. Where's mine?

They've even given one to the owner of Pimlico Plumbers, who were suing Yelp for hosting bad reviews of their business.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh look...another chum. CBE this time

Tim Oates
Group Director of Assessment Research and Development
Cambridge Assessment

He was the only non-teacher in the National Curriculum Review group...and the rest resigned because they were being pushed in one direction by Nick Gibb.

And when the NC came out it was so heavily criticised in certain subjects it had to be completely rewritten.

Yep, thoroughly deserves his gong.... :roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

refitman wrote:Looking at the list of honours, they seem to have given one to almost everyone. Where's mine?

They've even given one to the owner of Pimlico Plumbers, who were suing Yelp for hosting bad reviews of their business.
Charlie Mullins?

The one that is such a Tory arse-licker that he even has bits on the company blog about it!

http://www.pimlicoplumbers.com/blog/nic ... mas-tree-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You have to say that £3 billion is a nice little stack of notes to give himself, and the rest of us for Christmas, and one that will I'm sure will put the Chancellor in a festive mood. That's another 5% of our national stake in Lloyds Bank I'm talking about, going out the door at a minimum of what we paid for the shares, when we were forced to buy out the greedy banks.

A timely little reminder of how the country is still paying for the last Labour government too!
:toss:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Williamson retweeted
Oliver James ‏@OliverJamesUK Dec 29
Not long before those City Link workers, sacked by a Tory donor, will be called scroungers by this government for being unemployed.
Horribly true. And all of a sudden those people with a nastiness monster on their shoulder will feel entitled to say they shouldn't have a flat screen TV, or a smartphone, or have the odd pint or cigarette ....
Working on the wild side.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm honoured not to have been given an honour...I accept it gratefully! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

g'night everyone. Journey home tomorrow.

xx
JA
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
refitman wrote:Looking at the list of honours, they seem to have given one to almost everyone. Where's mine?

Charlie Mullins?

The one that is such a Tory arse-licker that he even has bits on the company blog about it!

http://www.pimlicoplumbers.com/blog/nic ... mas-tree-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You have to say that £3 billion is a nice little stack of notes to give himself, and the rest of us for Christmas, and one that will I'm sure will put the Chancellor in a festive mood. That's another 5% of our national stake in Lloyds Bank I'm talking about, going out the door at a minimum of what we paid for the shares, when we were forced to buy out the greedy banks.

A timely little reminder of how the country is still paying for the last Labour government too!
:toss:
Don't think he understands that selling something reduces the value of your assets.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

citizenJA wrote:g'night everyone. Journey home tomorrow.

xx
JA

Safe journey, @JA!

I see Oliver Letwin pushed for schools to be taken out of LA control, under Thatcher, and didn't think she took the idea far enough for his liking.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30625941
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Ian Gilmour described opting out of LAs as like the people in a branch of Marks and Spencers deciding they wanted to separate from head office in Baker Street.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Fred Jarvis, the 90 year old ex-leader of the NUT, has got a gong.

Totally unrelated of course to slagging off his old union.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Finally decided to take out a daily receipt of the Morning Star. I find the Graun trite n' shite and prefer my politics to not come from thatLondon. Read yesterday's Star and decided that that was that.

Message ends...