Tuesday 19th December 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 19th December 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 19th December 2023

Post by refitman »

There are so many ways Wes is wrong here.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

You can't have both? I expect there's a queue of economists wanting to explain why he's talking rubbish.

Otoh, with the tories we can't have either.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Recall byelection petiton for Peter Bone MP to close at 5pm

Vote early, vote often.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

:popcorn:

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see Dan Hodges has decided the best way to spend his Christmas is defending government corruption.

He's a really odd guy.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Plenty of people asked questions about Covid contracts *at the time*, its not as if this has just become known now.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

The last sentence from the government spokesman is a bit of a giveaway..."we are on track to get debt falling.”

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The fullest account I've seen yet of these two survivors .

( Porat's first radio interview was on the 8th. At least partly smartly suppressed iirc )

" In her initial interview with Kan on 15 October, first reported in English by The Electronic Intifada the following day, Porat revealed that at least some of the dozen-plus Israelis held hostage with her at Be’eri died as a result of Israeli gunfire."

That did not stop Naftali Bennett tweeting a month later that the sweet young girl victim , with photo, had been murdered by Hamas, when in fact she and others died along with the Hamas from tank fire .

https://electronicintifada.net/content/ ... butz/41706

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Excellent read on the difference between Ukraine and the Occupied Zones now incorporated into Russia --

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... in-kherson

Some of the Corruption in Ukraine is very similar to here, over-mighty developers trying to destroy the existing social fabric to build yet another shopping mall --

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The ways of youtube are mysterious !

" Ukraine: A War On Two Fronts " TWMC Ltd 154 abonnés
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

A few Peace Studies and other 'experts' have used the phrase "all wars end in negotiations" , which is obviously wrong as Phil the Greek on his destroyer and my dad on HMS Duke of York were in Tokyo Bay on the 2nd of September 1945 for the formal Japanese Surrender on USS Missouri !

The wimpish response to the Russian invasion Of Ukraine from Biden is I suspect largely due to Jake Sullivan, wasn't he in the WH for the Retreat From Kabul?

I really should find more than this short clip of JS, anyway here's a start on the discussion --

Great first comments ... to be followed later by " Bucha was a UKR massacre" , " False Flag Operation" etc !

ALSO TikTok !!
https://www.tiktok.com › find › ukraine-president-ow...
Dec 6, 2023 — 2.2M views. Discover videos related to Ukraine President Owns 2 Yachts on TikTok.

Fact-checked everywhere, but how many mugs believed the lies ?

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Jonathan Gullis is a Port Vale fan. UTFB.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

This one was a top ten Christmas movie in the Guardian, never heard of it so thought I'd give it a go...

The Long Kiss Goodnight

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116908/

Before I start I'd just like to like to point out that like Die Hard this is an action film set at Christmas, it is not a Christmas film.

With that out of the way Geena Davis takes on the unlikely role of an action heroine (yes you heard me, Geena Davis). She's a government assassin who has lost her memory and is living as a suburban Mom. One hilariously violent thing leads to another and she ends up recovering her lost memories (and assassins skills) with the aid of her hapless comedy sidekick Samuel L Jackson. Jackson spends most of his time sporting a fetching green fluffy beret while being repeatedly blown up, shot, and kneed in the balls by Brian Cox. The latter resulted in my favourite line of the film...

Geena Davis: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Samuel L Jackson: I hope not, 'cause I'm thinking how much my balls hurt.

On the one hand this was your dumb archetypal over the top 90's action movie with massive explosions (a single grenade had the explosive force of a tactical nuclear weapon), on the other it was something more interesting as a sexist Jackson gradually (and painfully) came to realise he was the one who kept needing to be rescued. Today I fear such a reversal of norms would be dealt with preachily but this was the 90's so it was handled with humour and some genuine pathos.

So a thumbs up from me. Geena Davis is great but if I had to pick out a reason to recommend it what more would you want than Samuel L Jackson in his pomp as a wise cracking useless side kick in a silly hat.

Still not a Christmas movie though.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 19 Dec, 2023 12:54 pm Plenty of people asked questions about Covid contracts *at the time*, its not as if this has just become known now.
Well indeed. Dan is curiously able to narrow his focus and ignore all questions and criticisms. We know he's talking shit yet frustratingly he seems to be immune to any of our attacks.

Who does that remind you of AK? And where does that put him on the spectrum?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky - Long Kiss Goodnight is a wonderfully silly film, glad you enjoyed it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Wed 20 Dec, 2023 12:26 am Sky - Long Kiss Goodnight is a wonderfully silly film, glad you enjoyed it.
To be honest it wasn't as good as the live feed of the Icelandic volcano I watched this afternoon which bizarrely had a Christmas song soundtrack.

I watched lava leap half a mile into the sky while being treated to...