Wednesday 3rd January 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 3rd January 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 3rd January 2024

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

I listen less and less to BBC News stuff, but this came first in the 5.35 paper review

( Petition link last night) --

Last edited by frog222 on Wed 03 Jan, 2024 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Shades of ninety or so years ago, now more and more are considering these schemes, including the EU iirc ?
" Israel is negotiating with Congo – it is unclear from reports which of the two neighbouring Congos – and other African nations to transfer the Palestinian people, according to reports in the Times of Israel and its sister site Zman Israel."
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I spy some spam on this forum (not the above, to be clear)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Two negative tests, looks like I'm rid of the lurgy, hooray!

Unfortunately now my dad and brother both have it, presumably having caught it from me.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Wed 03 Jan, 2024 2:56 pm Two negative tests, looks like I'm rid of the lurgy, hooray!

Unfortunately now my dad and brother both have it, presumably having caught it from me.
Probably no longer infectious at least ! :-)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The additional detail in this article fits in with what is already open source info here. I'm dead sure a lot of my former campaigning mates from the left have also swallowed the Kremlin lines, much like UK's Chris Williamson MP who wrote of Zelinskiy's Nazi Army in a tweet I noticed !

" The documents show that troll farms created by the Kremlin political strategists produced and published social media content and articles critical of Western support for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s government. One note written by one of the strategists in June 2023 directed a troll farm employee to create a “200-character comment by a middle-aged French person” who considers Europe’s support for Ukraine to be “a stupid adventure.” The fictional French person was also supposed to argue that support for Ukraine is turning into “inflation … and falling living standards.” "
More opportunistic --
" At the end of June, after Paris erupted into riots over the police killing of a teenager of Moroccan and Algerian origin, a network of pro-Russian social media accounts became highly active, according to a study conducted by Alto Intelligence, a leading cybersecurity firm that tracks anomalous digital media activity across Europe. A tiny fraction of profiles — 1.2 percent — produced 30.6 percent of all digital media commentary on the riots. Among the most prolific accounts, 24.2 percent were injecting pro-Russian posts into the commentary. Most of the accounts were aligned with far-right French politicians such as Éric Zemmour or Le Pen, Alto found. "
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... far-right/
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ah well, festivities over, illness abated, I guess I'm left with no excuses for avoiding the foetid fray of grim news, depressing politics, and dickheads on Twitter.

It was nice having a couple of weeks off.

Let's delve in then shall we (rubs hands together)...Oh, jesus that's grim, eeew, what the fuck? He said what? Sigh...

Can I have Christmas and Covid again please?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

In news that will surprise no-one
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

We should be told !

How many bums has she got ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Wed 03 Jan, 2024 5:03 pm
Ah well, festivities over, illness abated, I guess I'm left with no excuses for avoiding the foetid fray of grim news, depressing politics, and dickheads on Twitter.

It was nice having a couple of weeks off.

Let's delve in then shall we (rubs hands together)...Oh, jesus that's grim, eeew, what the fuck? He said what? Sigh...

Can I have Christmas and Covid again please? /quote]
Dear @Sky

You don't yet know your success rate in infecting your Pa and Bro with long covid , and now you want another attempt on their lives ?

Only joking !

You yourself have no clue as to where you are in the Long Covid stakes , and of course the same applies to your victims family .

Teasing apart, and thinking further from on our older generations , what about the billions of children condemned to repeated infections ?

One tweeter said that on winning a $mllion, the first thing they would do would be to take their children out of school .

I've kept my daughter in touch ... but she hasn't got a million, and apparently hasn't pulled her finger out sufficiently to militate for ventilation and masks in skools .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

He's awful, but Susan Hall still makes Bailey look good in comparison. At least he gives the impression of not actually despising London.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Unless you completely detach yourself from society and give up on any kind of social life you're always going to be vulnerable to Covid.

Take your kids out of school, fine, but what if they want to visit a friend, or go out for a pizza, or one of the other multitude of things kids like to do around other people?

It's just a shitty thing we have to live with now and take our chances.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Back in the day when I used to still listen to Radio 5 phone-ins of an evening Shaun Bailey was a near permanent fixture. At the time he was running some kind of youth rehabilitation charity while acting as an advisor to Cameron on his 'big society' bollocks. Despite a Times investigation into serious financial mismanagement at his charity (it went bust and had to be taken over by Kid's Company) the BBC kept having him on as if nothing had happened.

Compare that to what happened to Camila Batmanghelidjh and it tells you all you need to know about who has been pulling the strings at the BBC for over a decade.

Bailey has always been nothing more than a grubby little grifter, he spent half the money his charity raised on his own expenses and advertising his 'brand', then got away scot free despite the Times catching him bang to rights and now look at the fucking state of him.

Loathsome fucks like him have been wilfully allowed to prosper due to their links to the Conservative party by our own national broadcaster and the right still have the nerve to claim it's biased against them.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »