Monday 8th January 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 8th January 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 8th January 2024

Post by frog222 »

Afternoon all , still freezing but bright sunlight coming through the windows !

From the BylineTimes link --

" In the autumn term of 2019, 60,244 pupils were severely absent. This would suggest that, far from being a result of the pandemic, the majority of severe absences were recorded before lockdowns sent children home from the classroom. Furthermore, children are not ‘missing’ – they are tracked by the current systems in place. "

Which is lower than the stat in the tweet ...... but still a lot, either way !

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Yes its bleeding cold.

Too cold for many people to post by the looks of it - or has everybody gone back to work today?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 08 Jan, 2024 4:02 pm Yes its bleeding cold.
Too cold for many people to post by the looks of it - or has everybody gone back to work today?
Cold here too in my peasant's cottage, but luckily I have a warm bedroom as we re-roofed that part and the new problem is when I put on more than a trickle of electric radiator and wake up drenched in sweat ! 30cms of compressed blown cellulose gives a lot of inertia ...

Mornings are something else as the kitchen has cooled down , so today I lit the stove, put on the coffee, and went back to bed for an hour ! Freezing out but some welcome heating-sunshine came in later.

I heard my neighbour doing his first treecutting down in the valley, which inspired me to begin so a couple of small self'sown ashes are ready for sawing up tomorrow ..

dead-fingertips and shortage of breath (asthma and Copd) stopped play, but it was fun to be outside :-)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Yep, EDF is one of them !

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Probably repeating from last year, tho I didn’t know that this dates back to 2008 !

It’s forbidden to cut electricity or gas supplies for five months of the year, tho elec can be reduced to a limit of 3KW.

Same dates for evictions —
“” When does the winter truce apply?

Verified 02 November 2022 – Directorate for Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister)

The winter truce applies from 1er November to March 31 of the following year. During this period, the eviction of the tenant from his accommodation cannot take place, it is postponed. But the winter truce does not apply in other cases (squatter occupying a dwelling, expulsion from the marital home on the order of the judge). “”
https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... 36?lang=en

https://www.jechange.fr/energie/compren ... -hivernale

So EDF is not allowed to force meters on youi or cut off power in France …

but anything goes in Cruel Britannia .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

EDF is my electricity company, not impressed.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Hope you all are not too bloody cold, I've found an old rubber hotwater bottle :-)

'(will buy some sort of bevvie in a 2l PeT bottle which is really warming as a HWB )

Rain forecast on freezing road tomorrow, I'm NOT going to Granville City !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

A little snow lying in places and the merest dusting continuing ...

--3° and Little Boy with the fur coat has gone outside to observe nature !