Tuesday 9th January 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 9th January 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 9th January 2024

Post by frog222 »

Morning just !!!!!!!!!!!

Target Culture --

we need warm bodies to feed to friend Covid !

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Harry Cole trying to make lefties like Starmer is it.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 09 Jan, 2024 12:41 pm Harry Cole trying to make lefties like Starmer is it.
Huh?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

His big "reveal" that SKS opposed the death penalty as a lawyer - and for foreign brown people as well!

Truly, is there no end to his perfidy.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good afternoon.

There's an awful lot of (i) scrambling to get on the bandwagon and (ii) finger-pointing at those who may have done something about - and I stress may -
the PO Horizon scandal a decade ago or so.

Here for the community notes...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I'm sorry, what?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Tue 09 Jan, 2024 6:06 pm Good afternoon.

There's an awful lot of (i) scrambling to get on the bandwagon and (ii) finger-pointing at those who may have done something about - and I stress may -
the PO Horizon scandal a decade ago or so.

Here for the community notes...

The community note seems to have gone walkies, but someone saved it
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Nasa Peregrine 1 has ‘no chance’ of landing on moon due to fuel leak

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... -fuel-leak

Good.

I don't want to look up at the moon and know it's littered with bits of dead people and junk like bitcoins.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Wait, are they boasting that they will actively put people's - children's - lives in danger? As a good thing?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Tue 09 Jan, 2024 6:45 pm I'm sorry, what?
That's actually weirder than the dream I had involving Bridget Phillipson last night in which I was in a shopping centre and for some reason the Red Baron turned up in his Fokker triplane and started doing stunts before crashing and causing a massive fire. In the process of fleeing the inferno I noticed Bridget was alongside me but amidst the flaming chaos I confused her for Rachel Reeves and she got really annoyed about it.

Not however as annoyed as teachers will be when they hear she's been praising Gove. That's just bizarre. I mean he's utterly despised across the profession. What the hell does she think she's playing at? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Tue 09 Jan, 2024 8:26 pm Wait, are they boasting that they will actively put people's - children's - lives in danger? As a good thing?
Ha refit, you took the words out of my mouth :-) I share what I can with my kids, and then up to them if they do more reading, or what with their own children ! ( I drop hints-- eldest GS flying to Barcelona for an international fencing competition next week so asked daughter if he'd be wearing an ffp2 ... " mmm, I'll try to persuade him ! " She asks obviously symptomatic students to mask, so does she at the slightest doubt !)

Last year I followed your LonerBox link to the interview with Anastasiya , much more on the same themes at this site --

Today' on the Russian mind-poisoning of leaders of opinion and execs in eu and US --

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Tue 09 Jan, 2024 8:26 pm Wait, are they boasting that they will actively put people's - children's - lives in danger? As a good thing?
It's just posturing political bollocks. It was the schools which triggered the first lockdown by closing themselves despite Johnson's government being desperate to keep them open, and who can forget Johnson and Williamson confidently claiming schools would open as usual at the beginning of January during the second lockdown only to have to backtrack the very next day because they were told it would be a disaster?

If Labour want to claim they'd ignore the views and advice of scientists, health professionals, and the teaching unions during another pandemic (while we're still not over this one yet) then fine, that's up to them, but we all know it's bollocks.

How much further are they going to go with this trying to look tough thing and who do they think they are impressing?

Maybe get Liz Kendall to fight someone with Parkinson's disease over a blue badge parking space in a Tesco car park.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And I know I keep saying we have to live with Covid and just get on with our lives because it's true we have no other choice, but that doesn't mean mitigations shouldn't be happening because like it or not the world has changed.

I've had Covid 3 times in the last 3 years, whereas I've had flu 3 times in the last 52 years. We're dealing with something new which doesn't bear comparisons to what has come before it and simply ignoring it isn't going to work.

That latest infection I had was an absolute bastard, I might have played it down here while drunk but it fucked me up for nigh on a fortnight and there's always the fear that this time it's not going to go away.

At the very least we need clean filtered air in all indoor public spaces, including schools.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ha ha, Ween!