Wednesday 17th January 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 17th January 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 17th January 2024

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon, everyone.

Sitting duck and all that I know, but Sunak has just had an utterly miserable PMQs.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Glad to hear it !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Thank you for posting :)

And RIP to Tony Lloyd MP, one of the good guys.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

UA direction of travel towards LESS corruption, unlike others :-)

" Halyna Yanchenko is a member of the Ukrainian parliament, elected in 2019. She has authored a number of legislative initiatives and is the primary author of 22 bills, of which 7 have been enacted into law. One of the bills concerned restrictions of parliamentary impunity, and another streamlined procedure for the investigation and accountability of members of Parliament. Halyna also has extensive experience in the business sector, specializing in sociological and marketing research. "
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Jesus christ. I've lived in Leeds for 20 years and that was the coldest and most treacherous walk home from the pub I've had in all that time. The pavements were covered in ice so the obvious thing to do was walk on the road which was fine until I nearly got winged by an insane taxi driver. All the while feeling like my outer extremities were going to drop off because I idiotically thought gloves would be a hassle.

It's a bit chilly.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway it turns out the 'special forces' chap I mentioned the other night is actually ex-army (I thought he was bullshitting) and he's back here because his ex-wife dropped the charges. He knocked on my door to apologise about the fuss. I had various questions but decided to keep them to myself while leaving him to get on with his life with as little to do with me as possible.

I'm afraid to say there won't be a QT review tomorrow unless I miraculously wake up tomorrow after a night in a Sam Smith's and a Wetherspoons feeling like necking a bottle of French antifreeze. A friend returned from Northumberland this evening after his Dad was taken into hospital on New Years Day with appendicitis and he needed to vent about being stuck in a tiny Northumbrian town for a fortnight looking after him.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »