Friday 19th January 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Friday 19th January 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 19th January 2024

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Ah there you are...I got a bit lost over the last week or so and Google Chrome seemed to second-guess the links I wanted and change them all to last-used.

Anyway, this is a really interesting thread on the relationships between No 10 and the treasure.

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Fifty Days Of Misrule!
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

It's good that they've denied this. But they really need to put a lid on the rumour machine.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Japan’s Slim spacecraft lands on moon but struggles to generate power

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... rate-power
Japan’s hopes to become the fifth country to land a working spacecraft softly on the moon ran into difficulties on Friday after mission controllers said the probe was unable to generate electricity after touchdown.

The Smart Lander for Investigating Moon (Slim) was trialling new technologies for pinpoint landings, but after an apparently flawless approach and descent, the mission hit a glitch when the probe landed soon after 3pm UK time.

Although the space agency was receiving signals from Slim and a tiny rover it released moments before touchdown, a problem with the lander’s solar panels meant it was operating purely on existing battery power. It was possible the lander’s solar panels were not angled correctly towards the sun, officials said.
'Not angled correctly' is putting it mildly. I'm no rocket scientist but watching it live the telemetry clearly showed something went horribly wrong when it landed. I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to end up with it's engine nozzles pointing upwards while indicating that it was below the moon's surface.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see Hodges is back defending the indefensible. I'd love to know how a slightly longer clip of the exchange negates the fact that Sunak laughed in the woman's face for no apparently good reason.

'I want the NHS back the way it was.'

'Aaah ha ha ha haaaah!'

What the fuck is wrong with the man? Why did he do it? Weirdo.

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Palestinians - "From the river to the sea"
Everyone - "How dare you! Bunch of anti-semites!"

Netanyahu - "From the river to the sea"
Everyone - "Sorry, did someone say something?"
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

refitman wrote: Fri 19 Jan, 2024 7:05 pm It's good that they've denied this. But they really need to put a lid on the rumour machine.
An interesting rumour is that its the GMB (or "sources" close to them) who keep flying this kite. Which might at least explain its persistence.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Just had a quick fast forward viewing of last night's QT and the best thing about it was Hashi Mohamed taking the piss out of the hapless Bim Afolami for much of the show. Emily Thornberry was her usual pugnacious self and even indulged in some comedy when explaining that Starmer would be the perfect leader to stand up to Trump because of his honesty and integrity. While ex-Telegraph now Times Radio journalist Kate McCann was so lightweight and forgettable I can't remember a thing she said despite only watching her 5 minutes ago. Oh no wait, I remember her claiming the NHS is receiving a record level of spending with a straight face. Putting aside inflation the only reason that's true is the government included all the Covid spending (contracts, test and trace, vaccines) as health spending so on paper it looks like they pumped billions into the NHS when in fact most of it was spunked on dodgy contracts and a useless test and trace system run by private contractors. Then she had the bare faced cheek to complain about the disconnect between politics and the truth when it came to Trump. Tsk tsk.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh yeah when Fiona Bruce asked the audience if anyone supported the Rwanda nonsense one bloke put up his hand.

He explained that he was a Brexit voter who felt cheated because he wanted us to take back control of our borders and laws, before expressing frustration about the difficulties the Rwanda bill faced passing our own parliament.

I felt like hitting him with a brick.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »