Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th January 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th January 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th January 2024

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

Has anyone in the Fearless Press interviewed Cruella about this ?

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

This dancing one is so dreadful it could have been produced by a genuinely anti-Semitic organisation but it succeeds a number of similar videos none of which has been fact-checked to expose them as fakes .

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Its the mindset of one person tbh, making sweeping generalisations about whole groups on that basis is rarely helpful.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 27 Jan, 2024 1:32 pm Its the mindset of one person tbh, making sweeping generalisations about whole groups on that basis is rarely helpful.
I'm pretty sure it's the mindset of the majority of the Israeli government, no? More than one of Bibi's underlings has expressed the intent to drive out the Palestinians and remove Gaza as a habitable place.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

There's the anti-Northern, London bias again. Denigrating the delicious hotpot.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

refitman wrote: Sat 27 Jan, 2024 2:03 pm
AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 27 Jan, 2024 1:32 pm Its the mindset of one person tbh, making sweeping generalisations about whole groups on that basis is rarely helpful.
I'm pretty sure it's the mindset of the majority of the Israeli government, no? More than one of Bibi's underlings has expressed the intent to drive out the Palestinians and remove Gaza as a habitable place.
Well yes, but when similar generalisations are made about Muslim entities it is (quite correctly) called out as Islamophobia.

Lots of people in Israel are regularly demonstrating against their government, despite the country being on a war footing.

Let's not forget that.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 27 Jan, 2024 4:11 pm
refitman wrote: Sat 27 Jan, 2024 2:03 pm
Well yes, but when similar generalisations are made about Muslim entities it is (quite correctly) called out as Islamophobia.

Lots of people in Israel are regularly demonstrating against their government, despite the country being on a war footing.

Let's not forget that.
AK you are missing the point that he is not only calling for the extermination of the Palestinians, he's actually DOING it !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Anyway, its FA Cup weekend.

Watched the first ten minutes or so of the Ipswich v Maidstone tie earlier and then switched it off to do other things - the home side were swarming all over their non-league opponents and it was obviously going to be a cricket score.

Just found out the result a short time ago - blimmin hell.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I was originally going to put this up, for someone else to check (!) and go outside to be practical ...

But couldn't resist a shufti :-)
" The Court spent a great deal of time outlining the facts of the unfolding genocide in the Gaza Strip. It did not have to do so in nearly so much detail, and far too little attention has been paid to this. I was equally surprised by how much detail the court gave on the evidence of genocidal intent by Israel.

It is especially humiliating for Israel that the Court quoted the Israeli Head of State, the President of Israel himself, as giving clear evidence of genocidal intent, along with two other government ministers."
PS of course I haven't missed the many Israelis disagreeing with their rotten government !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

So the "plan" to save the Tories is to install Badenoch or Braverman in the summer before an election later in the year?

Good luck with that one, you will need it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

If Government fails to seize the benefits of Brexit, the Blob will drag us back into the bloc - Daniel Hannan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/0 ... blob-bloc/
Do you remember the Great Tomato Shortage of 2023? For a few weeks in February and March, some supermarket shelves were bereft of those gleaming, crimson, umami-flavoured globes. A combination of high energy prices and cold weather had caused a dearth across Europe.

The middle classes are not lightly denied their bruschetta, and the usual halfwits were quick to blame Brexit, ignoring the fact that there were as many empty shelves across the Channel.
After a bruising week where Daniel found himself mocked for his laughably inaccurate forecasts about the benefits of Brexit (again) he doubles down here and blames 'officials' for holding the door ajar for Starmer to take us back into the EU’s trading bloc. It's the usual whinge about scrapping tariffs and 'liberalising' trade that we've all heard a million times before. A doctrine even the Tories balked at because even they realise reducing food and animal welfare standards along with destroying British farming and industry by putting them at a massive disadvantage would not go down well with the public. But it's the bit I've highlighted above which best demonstrates his sneering disconnect from reality. Who knew only middle class people ate tomatoes? Who knew those running international supply chains for supermarkets were halfwits? And where was the evidence the French suffered shortages as badly as we did? Because as far as I recall the internet was awash with pictures of French supermarkets bursting with tomatoes while we couldn't get any for love nor money.

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

There was definitely no shortage of tomatoes in Lower Normandy !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Ah, the good old blob again.

In maybe not unrelated news, Jenrick was praising Joe McCarthy the other day.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

BANDERITES NAZIS CORRUPTION !
(From the Moscow playbook)

RTFA = Read The Fucking Article !
( I had to look that up the first time I met it :-) )

https://www.euractiv.com/section/europe ... nt-scheme/

At least the UA is working on its corruption problem, inherited from the Soviet system and then the current Russian Federation model, unlike the UK where for a small example of a few £billions (/S) the cronies of the (unlawful ?? ) Tory Fast Track PPE purchasing racket are still at large !
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Jesus, according to the Tories I'm old enough to be classed as a member of the 'Saga generation'. They really are intent on finding every way possible to make us feel depressed.

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Don't worry Sky, they're trying to attract younger voters too
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

ISTR that Thatcher had a bit of a thing about beards (ie she was agin them)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Sun 28 Jan, 2024 6:31 pm Don't worry Sky, they're trying to attract younger voters too
Perhaps I'm biased because I've had a beard for 30 years (largely as a result of laziness) but I'm struggling to understand why depilation would make something more attractive to the young.

However for the sake of argument let's say it's true for Tories...

"Oh darling, Quentin and Jemima will be so happy with this puppy, it's perfect!"

"But don't you think it's a bit hairy?"

"You're right, let's shave it!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I know I'm diving into hot water here but after QT on Thursday AK asked if Sonia Sodha had mention trans people (she didn't), but she has today with this article which I have to say I largely agree with.

Vindictive, cowardly leaders bowed to the gender bullies and failed Jo Phoenix

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ens-rights

There are transphobes out there and they're awful, horrible people, but Sonia Sodha, Jo Phoenix, and hearteningly the majority of the British public (according to polling), are not amongst them. It's entirely possible to be sympathetic to trans rights while being simultaneously sympathetic to women's rights, in fact I'd guess it's the majority position on the left. Which is why if Labour do win the next election I sincerely hope they make an effort to bring both sides together to at least try to come to some kind of rapprochement, at least on the Left.

If you want proper transphobes look to the language and legislation Republicans are using in the US to not only stir hatred against trans people but stop them even existing by denying them drugs and surgery. Women wanting their own rights and space is hardly the same and yet the term bigot is thrown around so casually.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, I realise Refitman has strong feelings about this, I'm just trying to say that if people could just dial it down a bit on the left there's the possibility progress could be made, progress that I think most people in this country would be happy with. Most of us want to live and let live. What we don't want is for people to have their livelihoods threatened because they object to some rights the left has fought for for over a century being undermined by others whose rights are also entirely legitimate.

It's a tough one. But one thing's for sure, if you're trans Sonia Sodha is far from being your enemy.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sun 28 Jan, 2024 11:24 pm I know I'm diving into hot water here but after QT on Thursday AK asked if Sonia Sodha had mention trans people (she didn't), but she has today with this article which I have to say I largely agree with.

Vindictive, cowardly leaders bowed to the gender bullies and failed Jo Phoenix

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ens-rights

There are transphobes out there and they're awful, horrible people, but Sonia Sodha, Jo Phoenix, and hearteningly the majority of the British public (according to polling), are not amongst them. It's entirely possible to be sympathetic to trans rights while being simultaneously sympathetic to women's rights, in fact I'd guess it's the majority position on the left. Which is why if Labour do win the next election I sincerely hope they make an effort to bring both sides together to at least try to come to some kind of rapprochement, at least on the Left.

If you want proper transphobes look to the language and legislation Republicans are using in the US to not only stir hatred against trans people but stop them even existing by denying them drugs and surgery. Women wanting their own rights and space is hardly the same and yet the term bigot is thrown around so casually.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, I realise Refitman has strong feelings about this, I'm just trying to say that if people could just dial it down a bit on the left there's the possibility progress could be made, progress that I think most people in this country would be happy with. Most of us want to live and let live. What we don't want is for people to have their livelihoods threatened because they object to some rights the left has fought for for over a century being undermined by others whose rights are also entirely legitimate.

It's a tough one. But one thing's for sure, if you're trans Sonia Sodha is far from being your enemy.
Couldn't agree with you more dear SKY .

In the past few years I decided (probably wrongly ! ) not to spend TIME on deciding what I thought about MMT , and more recently on the TERF WARS, trusting that Refit RR2 womble and sundry others were more informed than me .

For me the MOST important shit now , even after the Gaza massacres by Israel , is still Covid and Ukraine .
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Rescue Kitten flees when strangers arrive, but complete confidence with his Human when no others around
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Sun 28 Jan, 2024 11:59 pm Couldn't agree with you more dear SKY .

In the past few years I decided (probably wrongly ! ) not to spend TIME on deciding what I thought about MMT , and more recently on the TERF WARS, trusting that Refit RR2 womble and sundry others were more informed than me .

For me the MOST important shit now , even after the Gaza massacres by Israel , is still Covid and Ukraine .
Dude, you live in an awesome farmhouse in Lombardy, we're all jealous. Chill out.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »