Tuesday 30th January 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 30th January 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 30th January 2024

Post by refitman »

Sigh
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Still a long way to go, though - the Lords will now pull it to bits on third reading.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Yay! Transphobia and segregation proposed by Labour.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman wrote: Tue 30 Jan, 2024 1:49 pm Yay! Transphobia and segregation proposed by Labour.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Waiting for AK to say "this is fine actually".
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I can only refer you to Sky's very wise comments on this the other day.

Your side ran too far ahead of public opinion, and have suffered the resulting backlash.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 30 Jan, 2024 2:04 pm I can only refer you to Sky's very wise comments on this the other day.

Your side ran too far ahead of public opinion, and have suffered the resulting backlash.
Yeah, how dare those pesky trans people...exist.

How is Wes going to police this exactly? Most trans people pass.

And absolutely fuck Labour for allowing the message that all trans people are sexual predators to be pushed. The story preceding this interview on Sky was about a child being assaulted by a CIS PERSON.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh yeah, anyone remember the gay panic of the 70s and 80s? Seem familiar to anyone?

Oh and AK - "your side"? Fuck off, these are people. It's not a fucking football match.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Yes I do - and unlike you, I was actually around for that.

And do you know how that was overcome? By campaigning organisations, over time, taking people with them.

Not saying - as much of the pro-trans lobby has done - "we are right and if you don't agree with us tough".

In particular the rigid "no debate" line taken by the likes of Stonewall has proved disastrous in the long run. Who knew?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh no, if it isn't the consequences of my actions. Who would have thought that actively supporting an authoritarian government punishing an entire country would come back to bit you on the ass.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Oh, one more thing.

I'm no great fan of Streeting as even you would admit, but that was a short clip from a much longer interview - when he placed things in a wider context; both calling out the Tories for scapegoating trans people, and making clear this was a minor issue compared to NHS problems more generally.

The media often cherry pick stuff out as clickbait - or often, more accurately, ragebait. We all fall for it when we shouldn't really.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 30 Jan, 2024 7:44 pm Oh, one more thing.

I'm no great fan of Streeting as even you would admit, but that was a short clip from a much longer interview - when he placed things in a wider context; both calling out the Tories for scapegoating trans people, and making clear this was a minor issue compared to NHS problems more generally.

The media often cherry pick stuff out as clickbait - or often, more accurately, ragebait. We all fall for it when we shouldn't really.
Yesterday Osland selectively quoted Ken Clarke "not going to vote Tory" when actually the man said that was a possibility IF they published a batshit crazy manifesto ...
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

This exile used to build power plants , describes FUBAR in Russian infrastructure -

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

If I didn't tell you Pedro Pascal's sister is trans, would you know? Would people working in a hospital know, if she was in for something unrelated? Why should she be forced into a segregated ward?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 30 Jan, 2024 6:00 pm Yes I do - and unlike you, I was actually around for that.

And do you know how that was overcome? By campaigning organisations, over time, taking people with them.

Not saying - as much of the pro-trans lobby has done - "we are right and if you don't agree with us tough".

In particular the rigid "no debate" line taken by the likes of Stonewall has proved disastrous in the long run. Who knew?
Ok, but he explicitly pushed for 'single sex wards' and segregating trans people, as if all trans people are an explicit threat.

Now do gay people. Now do black people. They were segregated in the past.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Here's some trans joy, to counter the shit news today