Wednesday 7th February 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 7th February 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 7th February 2024

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Oh dear, Sunak excelled himself at PMQs.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Absolutely grim from Sunak.

And a thing that seems to being missed here is that in his non apology statement at the end of PMQS Sunak referred to Brianna Ghey as 'her'.

So on the one hand it would appear he's happy to refer to her using a female pronoun, while on the other he's mocking Starmer for not knowing what a woman is.

It's crass, thoughtless, and contradictory all at the same time.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

He's trying to have it both ways and annoying everybody. Which is very typical of him.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I don't say this often but well done Dan Hodges and Tom Harwood.

While many of the usual, odious suspects are defending Sunak those two appear to be the only Tory pundits showing an ounce of humanity and calling him out.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I assume Starmer will be censuring Rosie Duffield any day now.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I think it may be possible to be too cynical about today - it might just be this depressing saga's "Sir, have you really no sense of decency?" moment.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Wed 07 Feb, 2024 6:08 pm I think it may be possible to be too cynical about today - it might just be this depressing saga's "Sir, have you really no sense of decency?" moment.
Let's hope so but from what I can see all it seems to have done, outside of a few honourable exceptions, is entrench both sides.

One thing that's not getting much of a mention is how visibly angry Starmer was and how well he handled it, credit where credit's due.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Wow, apparently Badenoch went rogue.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

How indeed. Maybe it's just me but this feels pretty terminal for Sunak, he's not going to be able to live this down. He's been egged on by the right of his party and the rightwing press to fight these horrible culture wars and look where it's got him.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Wed 07 Feb, 2024 9:10 pm
AnatolyKasparov wrote: Wed 07 Feb, 2024 6:08 pm I think it may be possible to be too cynical about today - it might just be this depressing saga's "Sir, have you really no sense of decency?" moment.
Let's hope so but from what I can see all it seems to have done, outside of a few honourable exceptions, is entrench both sides.

One thing that's not getting much of a mention is how visibly angry Starmer was and how well he handled it, credit where credit's due.
Not my impression really, only the hardest of hardcore anti-trans elements seem to be backing Sunak on this.

(apart from those amongst their number who, incredibly, got the most upset about Sunak referring to Brianna as "she")

When you have lost the likes of Sonia Sodha, stop digging.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Wed 07 Feb, 2024 10:45 pm When you have lost the likes of Sonia Sodha, stop digging.
When Sonia Sodha condemns Sunak then gets a load of abuse for it, not from the right and transphobes, but from those advocating trans rights, she really isn't the problem.

It's utterly depressing.