Friday 1st March 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Friday 1st March 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 1st March 2024

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Thanks for the QT commentary, sky.

I agree with Caroline Lucas.

Also, Lucas and Warsi on the same programme? What were the BBC thinking. Robbie Gibb'll be having a word.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

@gilsey -- look forward to that .

@sky --
Last question was on the war in Ukraine.

Lammy blathered some delusional nonsense about him exerting pressure in Washington.

Warsi said it would end in negotiation, while then confusingly pointing out Putin couldn't be trusted to abide by the terms of any negotiation.

Stanley also went down the negotiation route while blaming the West for giving Ukraine unrealistic expectations.

Lucas pointed out that if the West can't stop Putin now it's in deep shit.
Warsi and Lucas win that for me !

It's been said in various circles that "All wars end in negotiations" which of course is why my father was actually demobbed in December 1942, and the 1945 version I believed is Fake News :-)

Last edited by frog222 on Fri 01 Mar, 2024 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

MPs are debating the conversion 'therapy' ban today. Duffield living up to her bigoted reputation. Still trying to work out why Labour still allow her the whip
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I've told you why, even if you don't like the answer. Basically, she is still less trouble p***ing out of the tent than the other way round.

Still not given up hope that she retires at the GE to pursue her obsessions outside parliament, mind.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"