Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th March 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th March 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th March 2024

Post by frog222 »

Mr Parris on benefit scroungers Friday Times --

https://archive.is/RN1r9

Furthermore, some of Parris's pseudo-MH culprits are almost certainly in the officially undiagnosed Long Covid cohort . Feeling permanently tired with multiple physical symptoms is to put it mildly not good for MH . Surprise !

It's no secret that some conditions were historically dismissed as psychological , EX 'hysteria' for women, until med research advanced and a measurable physical marker was identified. Even now many docs are ignorant ...

One example from the relative handful of labs worldwide that do very advanced investigations that apparently even some other colleagues hadn't heard of --

Resia Pretorius at Stellenbosch and David Putrino at Mount Sinai are two of the profs who actually listen to and work with LC groups .
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Excellent factchecking of the official GOP response to Biden's SOTU Speech .... but WHY dd it apparently take so long for someone to do it ?
( I say apparently because perhaps others did ! )

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I saw that particular fib called out almost straight away tbf.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 09 Mar, 2024 11:57 am I saw that particular fib called out almost straight away tbf.
Did you see the calling-out widely publicised ?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

This is pretty relentless at the moment, last week the most viewed article in the Spectator was some clown claiming nearly all mental health conditions are non-existent, and there's been more in The Times alongside this garbage from Parris. All written by right wing journalists with zero expertise in either mental health or the benefits system. It's obvious why it's happening and it's obvious that it's coordinated. I wouldn't be too fussed knowing the Tories are on their way out, but I fear this nonsense will find many a willing ear in the Labour Party.

He even has the temerity to whinge about the fact that the last time he fanned these flames with his ignorance it made him unpopular.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Thanks for posting a link to Parris' latest obnoxious scrawling Froggy. I hadn't actually read the whole thing.

Unbelievably he's still going on about PIP which is hellishly difficult to claim for mental health reasons (I wouldn't stand a chance) so has little to no bearing on his pig ignorant scepticism about mental health issues as a whole. This was explained to him last time and he's paid not a jot of attention and just burbled the same shit out again.

What an obtuse, arrogant prick.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Before too long, a lot of the boomers who lap up all this crap are going to be dead - what then?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I don't think it's just boomers who are open to this kind of shit, as we've seen with Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers being a drooling moron isn't an age related condition.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sure, but it is definitely more prevalent amongst them - plus they are about the only group who still actually reads newspapers.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 09 Mar, 2024 7:23 pm Before too long, a lot of the boomers who lap up all this crap are going to be dead - what then?
Hang on AK, I'm from 1947, give me a break !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I'm almost one myself (born 1966) though I think anyone with a birthdate after c1960 has some Gen X characteristics.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I'm sure I've agreed with Parris in the past :-) !

This was on the same 'archive' page

https://archive.is/RN1r9

Double efforts in Ukraine but be ready to deal

Two years since Russia’s invasion, the war is at a stalemate but allies must not waver in supporting this fight against evil

Matthew Parris Friday February 23 2024, 9.00pm GMT, The Times
" It is possible simultaneously to hold in the mind two thoughts that are only superficially ill-matched. First, a redoubling of support in funds and materiel. Second, a signal that in due course Ukraine will be ready for a deal. Some I met there already want this. Others would be sorry to see it. Few any longer see it as preposterous.

I’m entirely unqualified to set out the sums and the weaponry required, or the terms of any final deal, though copper-bottomed western guarantees would have to accompany it. But this much I can say: Moscow must be persuaded that even if the US cuts support, Europe is willing to take up the slack, even doubling our contribution. We British have spent about £200 per head on these past two years of war in Ukraine. That’s less than what we give Northern Ireland every year.

I don’t like the word “evil” and have rarely used it in a newspaper column. But talking to frightened young people in Ukraine I could not but feel, hanging in the freezing winter fog, a threat for which I know no other word. If confronting this is not worth a couple of hundred quid from each of us, then what price the liberty we take for granted?
Western guarantees have a sordid history, when OUR wankbucket weak democracies are at the mercy of the likes of the next Lettuce-life Liz Truss and the US's gameshow TV host ....

One of Ukraine's major weaknesses is that they too are a democracy . It's taken far too long to work out how to increase army manpower and they are not there yet !

Putler has it so easy !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Parking this from Anastasiya .

NOTING the nonstop shockhorror over ethnic cleansing and murder in Gaza and the WB, together with virtual silence on virtually exactly the same things in the Ukrainian occupied Territoires, I haven't yet worked out my reply .

It will be something along the lines that RU's longtime classic techniques have managed to engineer both our Far Left and Far Right in Putin's favour !

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Entertaining and informative discussion on the Nature of the Beast :-)

By now I've watched a few hundred of Jonathan's daily interviews , mostly with Ukrainians, many of them original RU-speakers from the occupied Eastern oblasts and Crimea.
( So much for Putin's propaganda that RU-speakers were being persecuted ....)

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Anyone about today?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Huge Furry-Whippingstool nails it.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Though today was the first time I heard Reeves confirm there will be a pretty much immediate cash injection into public services if Labour wins.

A fairly small thing in itself, and a massively obvious one, but still. It maybe shows she does live in the real world just a bit.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Leaving Las Vegas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113627/

Based on a novel by an alcoholic author who committed suicide a fortnight after learning the book was going to be made into a film this was never going to be a barrel of laughs. I've avoided it for years because of its reputation for being utterly depressing and it turns out it's a reputation well earned.

Nicholas Cage plays an alcoholic who loses his job after his wife has left him taking their son with her. With his redundancy payment he decides to go to Las Vegas and drink himself to death and while there meets a prostitute who falls for him and takes him in.

While this is a Cage film, one of the problems with it is he decides to burn everything from his old life before he leaves so we know essentially nothing about his previous life before the events of the film take place. This renders him a blank slate, a pitiful suicidal drunk who it's hard to have any sympathy with because we know nothing about him other than that he drinks. As a result while Cage's performance is good (this is back in the day when he was still regarded as a serious actor), his character is completely one dimensional making him almost entirely uninteresting.

Fortunately Elisabeth Shue as the prostitute is absolutely superb and completely carries the film, in fact I'd say it's more about her than it is about him. When she first makes an appearance she's working for a Latvian pimp, played by the sadly departed Julian Sands with a dodgy Russian accent, but once he's out of the way she takes Cage in despite knowing exactly what he's trying to do. There's no romance for her, not even sex, just fucked up companionship, someone to care for and be there for her when she gets back from work. She's using him as much as he's using her. It's a wonderful performance.

So this is a tough one to score on the Cageometer. On the one hand it's a flawed but well crafted film, while on the other despite Cage being the central character he's almost incidental, and then there's the fact it's horribly depressing.

I'm going to give it a 4/5.

I've given it an extra point for making me think I don't drink too much if that's what being an alcoholic looks like.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Anyway......are *you* a Kate Middleton pic troofer?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

It's kind of insane, when you see these two things juxtaposed against each other

https://twitter.com/Palestine001_/statu ... 4628454506
Screenshot 2024-03-11 005425.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-11 005425.jpg (41.38 KiB) Viewed 405 times
And remember, Lipman ended her support of Labour, when Miliband (also a Jew) supported recognising Palestine as a state.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

More than that, she announced she no longer supported Labour on at least three separate occasions. Impressive stuff.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 10 Mar, 2024 11:33 pm Anyway......are *you* a Kate Middleton pic troofer?
That depends, is she showing boob?

I've no idea what your talking about.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »