Tuesday 19th March 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 19th March 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 19th March 2024

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Reeves going to inspire the Labour base again today? She'd rather get on the front page of the Telegraph.
They don't seem to realise the job's done, there are no floating voters left.

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

George Eaton had a rather different interpretation of her speech, interestingly.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I think Reeves has shown us who she is enough times now for us to believe her.

I'd love to have a chat with her about how the 80's were a 'decade of renewal' when for many of us our lived experience paints an entirely different picture.

I barely saw my Dad for the entire decade because he had to go abroad to find work ffs. Swathes of England and Scotland were deliberately trashed and left to rot, thriving communities destroyed, some never to recover.

Do the clowns advising Starmer and Reeves not realise just how downright offensive it is to have this ret-conned Thatcherism jammed down our throats as if we're all too stupid to remember just how awful it was?

If Reeves genuinely thinks the 80's were a decade of renewal and supply side reforms are the answer for a country that's falling to bits god knows what state we're going to be in after another decade slavishly following the kind of economic policies which got us in this mess in the first place.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 19 Mar, 2024 2:02 pm George Eaton had a rather different interpretation of her speech, interestingly.
Based on a single sentence where she offers a few nice, fluffy words of comfort.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

If you say so, I haven't read the whole thing so can't comment.

Hughes (whose Twitter account I do look at) aren't exactly the most disinterested observer themselves, though.

And the Labour "iron chancellor" isn't exactly a new thing is it.

Apart from the almost mythical Snowden, some still blame Jenkins for losing Labour the 1970 election.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 19 Mar, 2024 2:13 pm Do the clowns advising Starmer and Reeves not realise just how downright offensive it is to have this ret-conned Thatcherism jammed down our throats as if we're all too stupid to remember just how awful it was?
This.

Of course there are many people who aren't old enough to remember what it was like, including Reeves herself.

(had to look up ret-con, every day's a school day)
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey wrote: Tue 19 Mar, 2024 4:48 pm
Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 19 Mar, 2024 2:13 pm Do the clowns advising Starmer and Reeves not realise just how downright offensive it is to have this ret-conned Thatcherism jammed down our throats as if we're all too stupid to remember just how awful it was?
This.

Of course there are many people who aren't old enough to remember what it was like, including Reeves herself.

(had to look up ret-con, every day's a school day)
Nah, bollocks to that. I'm a year younger than Reeves and I remember what a fucking shit show the end of the Thatcher era was.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

" I was there ! "

" That doesn't count, WE KNOW THAT IT WAS A CIA coup "
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

frog222 wrote: Tue 19 Mar, 2024 8:33 pm " I was there ! "

" That doesn't count, WE KNOW THAT IT WAS A CIA coup "