Tuesday 26th March 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 26th March 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 26th March 2024

Post by refitman »

Paul's off to a great start, trying to unseat Corbyn

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Actually not quite, the only real difference is that the speaker referred to "Keir Starmer and his Israeli sponsors" and that "so many in the Labour party are supported and funded by Israel". Are you seriously saying that is significantly better?

Genuinely, just stay off this stuff.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

*sigh*
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I am taking that as "I dislike the vibes of the previous post, but don't actually have an argument against it" ;)

Again - and yes sometimes I like to play devil's advocate on here, but I mean this at least with total seriousness - your political tendency need to cut out all this "Starmer takes orders from Israel" and related crap. Yes he *is* pro-Israel and that is far from a universally popular position on the left, and indeed disagreeing with that is totally legitimate. But don't you think it might have more to do with - for example - his being married to a Jewish woman, rather than Mark Regev telling him what to say?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

The sigh was because I was at work and not actually able to type a full reply.

My sigh was also because, the tweets I posted were regarding Mason making a tit of himself, where as you decided it was an attack on Starmer himself and immediately went on the defensive about it.

Oh, nice implication that because Starmer's wife is Jewish, she's also a Zionist.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well its not really an "implication" given that one of the few things she has gone public with is strongly supporting Israel. Anyway it was given as one reason why her husband takes the line he does, and yes its a more credible one than "he takes his orders from the Israeli embassy" or whatever.

And though PM does embarrass himself fairly often, on this occasion his recollection of what was said wasn't a million miles from the truth was it. To claim the person was "seriously misrepresented" may be your and EDC's view, but not that of others who can compare the two versions.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 26 Mar, 2024 4:25 pm Yes sometimes I like to play devil's advocate on here.
Heh. Sometimes.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I aim to please.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Then you have a funny way of going about it.

I wouldn't have you any other way.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

‘It was like we’d signed up for a cult’: the weird, wild world of Butthole Surfers

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/ ... rock-noise