Easter Weekend - Good Friday to Easter Monday

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Easter Weekend - Good Friday to Easter Monday

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Easter Weekend - Good Friday to Easter Monday

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Happy hols to all on here.

A rather startling rumour - though that's currently all it is - coming from Northern Ireland this morning.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Fri 29 Mar, 2024 12:05 pm Happy hols to all on here.

A rather startling rumour - though that's currently all it is - coming from Northern Ireland this morning.
A hint maybe? A link? No idea what you're talking about.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

So you haven't been on Twitter this morning and noted what is trending?

Have to be careful here, so will just note that a 61 year old man and his 57 year old wife have been arrested in connection with "historic sex offences".

No doubt people can join the dots from there if they wish.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I barely touch twitter any more. Bluesky has a much higher quantity of nice people and better moderation.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Doesn't seem to be rumours anymore
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I see they're digging up the council house thing again
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Not really news, from heli gunships with hellfire missiles to tanks at Be'eri kibbutz on the day .

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Jonathan Fink began his daily hour-long Youtube interviews not long after the Invasion and his interviewee last night - " I'm obliged to watch a lot of Russian TV , and it's NOT good for my health ! " With which he heartily agreed as he has to do the same .

The Russian public has had this sort of message bashed into them for years by those 'star' presenters --

Thread with many examples and something going on with EU ISP's furthering their penetration here --

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The Russian Church was very much persecuted between the Wars, until Stalin brought it back to help the War Effort in 1943 as so many Russkys were still believers ! Since then it is documented that they were then literally a part of the KGB and now the FSB .

( Sergeant Starsky was infantry from Maidan in 2014 to 2018, then a Press Officer at Hostomel Airport Territorial Defence Brigade HQ , where the staff and a few new recruits 'welcomed' RU special forces on the 24th Feb2022 ... )

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

This looks really good, will watch after getting in the last of the wood ( by headlamp ) !

" Marci Shore is an American professor of intellectual history at Yale University, where she specializes in the history of literary and political engagement with Marxism and phenomenology. Marci is author of Caviar and Ashes: A Warsaw Generation's Life and Death in Marxism, 1918–1968, and of The Taste of Ashes, a study of the presence of the communist and Nazi past in today's Eastern Europe. But today we will be discussing her most recent book, about the Revolution of Dignity – The Ukrainian Night: An Intimate History of Revolution."

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

It's sad that this story isn't in any way surprising
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Someone should explain why nationalising a bankrupt company costs billions of pounds.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

In practice, it will almost certainly turn out that "fiscal rules" turn out to be a bit more flexible when Labour is in office.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

But it makes Reeves, and by extension Labour, look economically illiterate and also that they don't actually want to fix anything. Their current messaging seems to be "everything's fucked and we won't do anything about it - not because we can't, but because we don't think we can". What a truly inspiring message to get voters behind you.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

But as I have said before - they are pitching this at a media-political class that is, for the most part, hugely economically illiterate.

(and because of that, so are an awful lot of voters)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Matthew Parris is at it again I see. Nothing does more for the cause of assisted dying like saying euthanising the old and infirm is a 'good thing' because we can't afford to care for them.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Not my finest work but they'll have to do, eggs are too bloody expensive to have another go. Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter.

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Fucking hell, this is embarrassing

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well this is a shock.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Its another nice day today, I suppose that explains why it is so quiet here.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 31 Mar, 2024 3:07 pm Its another nice day today, I suppose that explains why it is so quiet here.
Lovely morning... which I spent getting up late, making an experimental sweet and sour pork ...
then it rained !

Nice thread --

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Can you imagine if Starmer had called for this a couple of months ago? Instead of attacking those calling for in immediate ceasefire and only advocating for a "sustainable ceasefire" (whatever the hell that might have been).

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Nice read with a very funny bit at the end --

Some people notably Davis Runciman this week in the G have assumed that a Corbyn labour government wold inevitably have led to a run on the pound similar to the Truss Disaster and Mitterand's first govt after 1981 ! Well Corbs would have had some sensibles in his cabinet ?

Anyway crossing fingers than the ultra-dullness of Starmer and Reeves really does conceal some ambition for reform ........

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

You do know one of the most famous Keynes sayings, right - "when the facts change, I change my mind"?

What happened on October 7 was a horrific bestial depraved crime, and there was no way Israel was not going to significantly respond.

Indeed, they had a right to - under international law, no less.

What we are now seeing, more than six months on, is completely different.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 31 Mar, 2024 5:27 pm You do know one of the most famous Keynes sayings, right - "when the facts change, I change my mind"?

What happened on October 7 was a horrific bestial depraved crime, and there was no way Israel was not going to significantly respond.

Indeed, they had a right to - under international law, no less.

What we are now seeing, more than six months on, is completely different.
In December they were deliberately targeting civilians and expressing the intent to destroy Gaza. The only difference between now and then, for Labour, is they can't really ignore it any more.

At no point did Israel have the right to indiscriminately murder civilians. That is what they have done almost from the start and the fact that you continually hand wave that away - and Labour's acceptance of it - is pretty disgusting.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Also, at what point have "the facts changed"? The facts have been the same all along, all that's changed is that Labour can't ignore them any more.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Radio 4 early this morning was deep in the Shitty Rivers story --

Good one in The Times too--

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Heroes of Putin's Russia --

How Putin’s convict soldiers return as ‘savages’ to rape and kill again
Thousands of criminals have come home broken after fighting in Ukraine to secure their freedom. Now ordinary Russians are paying the ultimate price

"
At least 58 people have been killed by former inmates after their return from the war, according to media reports. Among the victims is a 64-year-old woman who had received a presidential award after being named Russia’s best teacher. She was hacked to death with an axe by a convicted murderer who had spent fewer than three years behind bars before being sent to Ukraine.

Last month another former convict was sentenced to 17 years in prison by a court in Siberia for raping two girls, aged 10 and 12. Sergei Shakhmatov had been serving a 15-year sentence for theft and fraud before he was recruited by the Wagner Group, a Kremlin-backed mercenary organisation. He admitted sexually assaulting the two girls at gunpoint when drunk and on drugs.

In September, also in Siberia, Tysren-Dorzhi Tysrenzhapov was arrested for strangling a 22-year-old woman to death with his bare hands. Like the other killers who returned from Ukraine, Tysrenzhapov should have been in prison — having, in 2019, been sentenced to 14 years for murdering and dismembering an 18-year-old woman.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russ ... -bclvp8b77
Under a law that was approved by the Russian parliament this week, people who have been arrested on charges including murder can also be recruited for the war before their cases have even been heard by a court. The charges against them will be suspended while they are fighting in Ukraine, and dropped if they are honoured for bravery at the front. The move came after Putin said in December that Russia would recruit an additional 170,000 soldiers.

Convicts may no longer be able to secure an early release, but thousands of violent criminals are already walking the streets of Russia. Among those to have been set free after fighting is Nikolai Ogolobyak, who was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2010 over the ritual murders of four teenage girls. Ogolobyak and his underage accomplices fried and ate their hearts and tongues. Another is Dmitry Zelensky, who killed a 27-year-old woman and then put her remains through a meat grinder.
Nikolai Ogolobyak, a satanist and cannibal who killed four young girls, is walking the streets after being granted clemency

Putin said last month that veterans of the Kremlin’s “special military operation” in Ukraine were Russia’s “true elite”. At his state of the nation address in Moscow, he said: “Such people will not retreat, will not let you down and will not betray you. They should take leading positions.”
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

refitman wrote: Sun 31 Mar, 2024 5:40 pm Also, at what point have "the facts changed"? The facts have been the same all along, all that's changed is that Labour can't ignore them any more.
Could also be related to Kearns leaking govt legal advice?

Better late than never, I suppose.
Last edited by gilsey on Sun 31 Mar, 2024 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

The absolute cheek of this, considering the likes of Duffield continue to be unreprimand
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

"""" After the CIA PLOT which brought the Nazis to power .... these are either extras re-enacting and playing dead OR the result of a false flag operation ! """"

George Galloway News (I wouldn't be surprised ! )

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

When Damien Green and Iain Smith say you're being too cruel...
clipping.jpg
clipping.jpg (43.43 KiB) Viewed 576 times
https://archive.is/JMD2O
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Sun 31 Mar, 2024 10:19 pm When Damien Green and Iain Smith say you're being too cruel...
clipping.jpg

https://archive.is/JMD2O
Reminds me of one T.Blair's fagpacket idea of fining bods, was it also rough sleepers ?

As tho they have charged-up bank accounts AND a bloody card !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Amazon book, rather journalistic style, I thought it might be fiction ...

I checked --

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Spent much of the day in Harewood, one of the few areas of Leeds that votes Tory. After a wander round the grounds of the country house my friend and I sought refreshment in the local tavern. And that's when things turned weird.

People were literally staring at us and when either of us went to the bar all conversation ceased. It was like being in a shit, posh version of American Werewolf in London. When we left there was a bloke at the bus stop who had seen us leave the pub. After asking what it had been like he explained that there was a clique of rich dickheads who think they run the place.

I have to say the woman who stared at us most aggressively was sporting so much gold jewellery she might as well have been a pirate.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

So I have now been on this planet 53 times as it has hurtled round that big fiery thing in the sky.

A lot of people feel miserable about reaching such an age.

I however feel fucking amazed that I've made it this far.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Happy birthday Sky, glad you've made it this far.

It's my dad's 80th today.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Mon 01 Apr, 2024 1:24 am It's my dad's 80th today.
All the best to him.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Mon 01 Apr, 2024 12:02 am So I have now been on this planet 53 times as it has hurtled round that big fiery thing in the sky.

A lot of people feel miserable about reaching such an age.

I however feel fucking amazed that I've made it this far.
Being in your fifties isn't so bad, and certainly on balance preferable to the alternative.

Happy 80th to refitters old man too, my mum was 76 at the weekend.
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

@sky and @AK

It's a bit of a pisser when you're pushing 80 (albeit with a longish stick) and realise how little time you have left, even if you're in reasonable health - which I am. I really wouldn't like to be 18 now with most of my life ahead of me. The world is becoming a crueller place day by day. I remember my Nan, aged about the same as me now, say that she'd had a good run and would die content. She made 82 which I hope to surpass by a bit. But I know how she felt!
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

As a family collective, we've got my dad a multi-car track day experience and also a day in a glider. If he doesn't feel alive after all that, I don't know what will do it 😅😅

Happy birthday to your mum AK.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

They did this just a week before nominations close for next months's elections? Not impressed tbh.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

This is the coolest thing I've heard/seen in a while

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Happy birthday to sky, refit's dad and AK's mum.