Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th April 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th April 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th April 2024

Post by frog222 »

Morning

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Its a complete non-story about Rayner, let's all remember that.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 13 Apr, 2024 11:29 am Its a complete non-story about Rayner, let's all remember that.
Agreed , it's pitiful rubbish .

So what do you do if she lived 50/50 in both houses, make her half an MP ?

Another one on so-called 'crime' is the proportion of the US electorate supposedly not voting for DJT IF he's convicted on any of the multiple counts , as though they can't make up their own minds ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

For something more down to earth , a demonstration of how bad the roots on shop-bought plants/trees can be . Spending some time even on $2 herb plants is well spent :-)

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

frog222 wrote: Sat 13 Apr, 2024 11:54 am Another one on so-called 'crime' is the proportion of the US electorate supposedly not voting for DJT IF he's convicted on any of the multiple counts , as though they can't make up their own minds ?
Tbf some of them may not in reality inclined to vote for him anyway, but are still looking for some outside validation?

(remember how the Comey intervention just before the 2016 poll gave a small but vital number the excuse they were already looking for not to vote for HRC)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Yep, "small but vital numbers " decide SO much !

Not concentrating solely on gaining votes but also on persuading that small number of the opponent's potential voters into staying home . Now a truism when we've seen Cambridge Analyica at work .

https://time.com/5197255/facebook-cambr ... -ads-data/

The last lovely sunny day for a week or so, in from woodsawing for a snack and coffee :-)
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Well, this isn't good

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I'm sure he's happy he switched parties
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Stronger words from Starmer, than when Israel murdered 3 UK citizens
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Sat 13 Apr, 2024 11:46 pm Stronger words from Starmer, than when Israel murdered 3 UK citizens
Morning refit

And no words at all on this ?
Their accounts were shared exclusively with the Guardian in advance of publication. All six said that Lavender had played a central role in the war, processing masses of data to rapidly identify potential “junior” operatives to target. Four of the sources said that, at one stage early in the war, Lavender listed as many as 37,000 Palestinian men who had been linked by the AI system to Hamas or PIJ.

Lavender was developed by the Israel Defense Forces’ elite intelligence division, Unit 8200, which is comparable to the US’s National Security Agency or GCHQ in the UK.

Several of the sources described how, for certain categories of targets, the IDF applied pre-authorised allowances for the estimated number of civilians who could be killed before a strike was authorised.

Two sources said that during the early weeks of the war they were permitted to kill 15 or 20 civilians during airstrikes on low-ranking militants. Attacks on such targets were typically carried out using unguided munitions known as “dumb bombs”, the sources said, destroying entire homes and killing all their occupants.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... airstrikes

To paraphrase the old quote - "OK, Israel is a Rogue State but it's OUR Rogue State"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Lawyers acting for a Palestinian activist and Labour member have complained to the party over its decision to hire an alleged former Israeli intelligence officer to help run its social media strategy.

Assaf Kaplan was hired by Labour as a social listening and organising manager, a new post described as “a crucial new role at the heart of Labour’s new approach to digital campaigning”.

The complaint from Bindmans solicitors alleges that Kaplan worked for Unit 8200, the cyber branch of the Israeli Defence Force, from 2009 to 2013. It adds that the unit has been mired in controversy over its surveillance practices against Palestinian civilians in the West Bank and Gaza.

In 2014, 43 veterans of Unit 8200 signed a public letter refusing to serve in operations involving the occupied Palestinian territories because of the widespread surveillance of residents, which could be used for blackmail. Hundreds of reservists then signed a counter-protest letter.

It is not clear what Kaplan did within the unit or whether he had any knowledge of the monitoring of citizens.

The job description for his Labour role says: “You will help to move the social media listening framework of the party to be laser focused on those we need to win over to form the next government.”

Bindmans, acting for Adnan Hmidan, say the party’s stance on illegal occupation of Palestinian territories should have precluded Kaplan’s employment, and they urged Labour to explain the decision. His appointment has also drawn a complaint from the former shadow chancellor John McDonnell.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ce-officer

I don't know if he's still working in the LOTO's office .
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

He sounds just the chap for New-New labour's internal policing --

Extortion, blackmail
“Any information that might enable extortion of an individual is considered relevant,” one Unit 8200 reservist explained in the letter. “Whether said individual is of a certain sexual orientation, cheating on his wife, or in need of treatment in Israel or the West Bank – he is a target for blackmail.”

Another explained that: “Any Palestinian is exposed to nonstop monitoring by the Israeli Big Brother, without legal protection, and with no way of knowing when they too would become an objective – targeted for harassment, extortion or physical injury.”

In a profile of Kaplan on an ex-employer’s website, he is proudly described as a “Unit 8200 veteran.”
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/as ... sraeli-spy
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

This was my first LOL of the day --

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

John O'Farrell shui Laura K up about the Rayner non-story this morning. That's him not getting invited on there again for a while.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 14 Apr, 2024 11:46 am John O'Farrell shui Laura K up about the Rayner non-story this morning. That's him not getting invited on there again for a while.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Several deleted Xitts this morning !

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

"Damn, why oh WHY couldn't it have actually been a brown person??"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Good question !

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Bloody hell I go away for a few days and come back to find we're on the brink of WWIII again.

My cousins brought half my uncle's ashes to scatter. He died eight years ago and my Dad's been asking for them all this time but this was the first occasion where everyone managed to get their shit together enough to do it. We scattered him into the sea and it was really windy so there was potential for some Big Lebowski style hilarity but in the end it all went well and afterwards we went and got pissed in his honour. He was an alcoholic after all.

While my brother was driving us back down the A1 this afternoon we passed someone pulling a 15 foot fibreglass shark on a trailer. I asked him if I should try to warn them using hand signals that they were in imminent peril because there was a massive fucking shark behind them but he reckoned loads of people would have already done that so it wouldn't be funny or original. Miserable git.

No pics I'm afraid, with the cousins and their spouses and sprogs there I never got the chance to escape and go for a decent wander (despite my best efforts). Even if I'd had the opportunity I doubt I'd have got far given the amount of energy I'd already expended pretending to be nice to everyone. It was exhausting.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »