Monday 15th April 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 15th April 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 15th April 2024

Post by frog222 »

Mornng refit

Glad to hear that Sky was only undergoing Family Meet-up exhaustion !

First lol of the day --

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Neat !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Haaretz gives six free reads pm, but the one in this Xitter post is Subscription Only -

A Free Amira Hass tho --

'People Are Constantly Cursing Sinwar': Gazans Opposing Hamas Are Sure They're the Majority
Four Gazans who spoke with Haaretz rail against the Hamas leader in the Strip and the decision to go to war on October 7. They say many people fear that Hamas will punish them for speaking out, and blame the Arab media for looking the other way when someone criticizes the group

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... ff025f0000

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Israeli media also has a habit of publishing "polls" purportedly showing that the overwhelming majority of Gazans still back Hamas.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 15 Apr, 2024 12:48 pm Israeli media also has a habit of publishing "polls" purportedly showing that the overwhelming majority of Gazans still back Hamas.
Still a free read --
Shaher generalizes, saying, "It's very hard to conduct surveys among Arabs. Everybody has two opinions concerning nationalist and military pride: one opinion for the external world including the pollster, and a second opinion, the real one, that you keep to yourself.

"Everybody knows that the people who committed [the crimes on October 7] were part of a small group that gave Israel an excuse to destroy all of Gaza," he says, adding that he believes that "95 percent opposed [Hamas' attack]." Nura puts this number at 75 percent, while Amal says "the majority oppose."

Basel offers a more complex picture. "Most people have no problem in principle with the attack, but they criticize the timing and the results," he says. "Everybody saw the videos. I would assume that a third claims that Hamas didn't commit crimes, and another third recognizes that there were crimes but won't call them that – and argues that they came in response to crimes Israel committed over the years. And a third – me included – don't kid ourselves and know that these were crimes."
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Yes, that last paragraph certainly rings true.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Mon 15 Apr, 2024 3:59 pm Yes, that last paragraph certainly rings true.
One thing bugging me is the blanket description of everyone who went through the Wall, and committed crimes, as Hamas, when the crowd ranged from Hamas to groups of excited teenagers to individuals to criminal gangs (apparently not a shortage of those despite Hamas ruthlessness) to another religious/political organisation . (Whose name I forget!)
Yasmin Porat and another woman survivor were guarded by a Hamas platoon at Be'eri kibbutz and there was no rape and murder , at least there .
Obviously someone will have done a closer examination than that, so I'll have a look around .

Windchill day and I'm knackered after garden work so off to town for a skive
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Found it .

Tearful Biden and Sunak falling for the rubbish of FIFTY DECAPITATED BABIES etc etc

Excellent work from Aljazeera --

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

If you want a scary listen, the new episode of This Machine Kills podcast talks about how Israel has used AI to 'identify targets' in Palestine. There should be war crime prosecutions based on this information
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Mon 15 Apr, 2024 8:33 pm If you want a scary listen, the new episode of This Machine Kills podcast talks about how Israel has used AI to 'identify targets' in Palestine. There should be war crime prosecutions based on this information
The guardian article was quite enough for me thanks refit !

Several here too --