Thursday 18th April 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 18th April 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 18th April 2024

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit

A free view for Gilsey ** and anyone else interested in the economy

** First holiday for four years , something to do with covid ? I know it would for me if it involved public transport .

---------------------------------------------------------

It's that QT again --

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime

Warmed up to THREE degrees !
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sigh
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

We have no (IMMEDIATE) plans ....

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Yeah, funny that...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Thu 18 Apr, 2024 8:22 am Sigh
Several years ago I decided I just didn't have the time left to spend it on properly researching and then making up my mind on MMT, tho I DO have some sympathy for the arguments I've seen around .
The Trans Debate is about the same for me, time is limited :-)
Below I notice that there is often more heat than light, typical Xitter :-) !--

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Example above !

Readers added context they thought people might want to know

This is not one of the 32 recommendations.

The Cass review recommends establishing separate services for 17-25 year olds in order to increase the capacity of care available for the trans community and ensure a smooth transition from GIDS to adult services.

cass.independent-review.uk/wp-content/upl…

https://cass.independent-review.uk/wp-c ... _Final.pdf
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Thu 18 Apr, 2024 9:31 am Good morning.

Yeah, funny that...
Jeremy White @jeremyiwhite 55m
Absolutely, not yet clear what the facts are here but sounds suspiciously close to theft and yet the Police aren’t involved

Years ago our great Corruption Inquiry judge Eva Joly wrote -

" in my years as a magistrate common or garden criminals would sometimes say "Fair cop judge" but white collar criminals always protest their innocence all the way to the prison gates" .

Strongly reminded of that by the Statement issued by Mark Menzies (Independent (!) MP ) .
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

We now have a better idea of why the Tory press and their client hacks have been pushing the Rayner nothingburger so frantically.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Tice vs David TC Davies could prove to be amusing. I guess I better go and get some cheap plonk.

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Thu 18 Apr, 2024 1:53 pm Tice vs David TC Davies could prove to be amusing. I guess I better go and get some cheap plonk.
Looking forward to the Report :-)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

21° and I was thinking of getting out my shorts, then realised I should do some strimming first ! !

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote: Thu 18 Apr, 2024 2:51 pm 21° and I was thinking of getting out my shorts, then realised I should do some strimming first ! !
Lucky you. It's cold, grey, and wet here. Where's the Spring gone?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Its going to be nice from tomorrow until Monday, we are told.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I find it of interest that the story about Truss using an antisemitic trope appears in the JC, the editor of said newspaper so far hasn't seen fit to draw attention to it on X. Funny that...

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

frog222 wrote: Thu 18 Apr, 2024 7:57 am * First holiday for four years , something to do with covid ? I know it would for me if it involved public transport .
First overseas, initially due to the pandemic but since then Mr gilsey's been 'under the doctor', no real complaints about his treatment except that the NHS is rubbish at telling you when the next thing's going to happen so it's been impossible to make plans until very recently.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Question Time tonight came from windswept and wonderful Buxton, a splendid place which presumably inspired the name of Buxton the cat from The Magic Roundabout film 'Dougal and the Blue Cat'. Though it must be said in all my visits to Buxton the cats all seem to be of standard colourations so who knows.

For the Conservatives we had David TC Davies. David began the evening extolling the virtues of maintaining high standards in public life, then proceeded to behave like an absolute dickhead for the rest of the hour. His petulant unpleasantness got so bad even Fiona Bruce had to call a time out and tell him to stop being an arsehole. Imagine a whingeing spoiled 5 year old child crossed with an annoying yapping little dog and you'll get an idea of David's demeanour. At one point after being told he was talking absolute shit he peevishly claimed he would get his 'team' to live tweet facts to back up his nonsense during the show, much to the audiences amusement. Up to that point he'd astonishingly avoided being laughed at but it was only a matter of time given the way he was carrying on. Rather than defend the record of his own government he answered every question by referring to Labour in Wales, who if we are to believe his characterisation of them are so bad they must be holed up in a bunker in Snowdonia attempting to escape the wrath of a furious populace, though it would take the mob a while to get there as according to David nobody in Wales is allowed to travel faster than 20mph anywhere in the country.

For Labour we had Bridget Phillipson. This may seem a funny thing to say but Bridget has a lot to thank David for. His antics were so ridiculous they caused her to do the unthinkable and appear human. Faced with his barrage of drivel she smiled and laughed and took the piss. Gone was the stern humourless automaton and in its place was an actual person enjoying the fact her main opponent was making an absolute arse of himself and finding it funny. She even managed to get a laugh at his expense. Imagine being such a twat that Bridget Phillipson of all people is using you as a comedy prop. Other than that she sat back and enjoyed a very easy night remaining completely unflustered by Bruce's interruptions and some feeble jabs from Tice.

For Reform (ltd) we had Richard Tice. To say Richard went down like a cup of sick would be exaggerating his appeal. Not that it made the slightest bit of difference to his moronic, delusional self regard. Despite facing tumbleweed and ridicule Richard appeared inordinately pleased with himself throughout and even inexplicably kept trying to appeal to an audience who quite clearly thought he wasn't the full shilling. I mean just moments after there was a loud round of applause after Bridget Phillipson had called Lee Anderson's comments about Sadiq Khan racist Tice was turning to them and asking them to support the idea that the 'small boats' should be intercepted in the channel and the occupants returned to France. He was met with a bemused silence. For any ordinary person it would have been mortifying but not Richard, oh no, his stupidity is like a shield of steel* as demonstrated later when everyone laughed at him when he was asked about his scientific credentials after he suggested we should shouldn't do anything to bring our carbon emissions down and simply build giant walls around our coasts or some such shit.

Last but far from least for the Greens we had Carla Denyer. So we finally get a Green on QT and what happens? She spends the entire hour being interrupted and questioned by the host of the programme and yet still emerges triumphant. Despite facing tricky questions, especially about today's reverse of green policies by the Scottish government which includes the Scottish Greens, she stole the show and was clearly the audiences favourite. I wish her well in Bristol. I'd like to say more but I'm out of steam and my memory's fading, sorry Carla.

*[Edited because I forgot I'd made a Batfink reference for a reason I can no longer remember]
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Cheers Sky.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote: Fri 19 Apr, 2024 12:22 amCheers Sky.
No problem.