Monday 12th January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 12th January 2015

Post by HindleA »

"Alarm at "surprise"fall in life expectancy"

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 73848.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

HindleA wrote:Indeed,commonly used as an emetic.
Darn near worked in my case.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

HindleA wrote:"Alarm at "surprise"fall in life expectancy"

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 73848.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link. Yeah a "shock" and a "surprise". Not.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:The problem seems to be that in the US some chocolate doesn't actually contain any chocolate. We are being Americanised. Bloody Yanks.
Canadian relatives of mine always bring a spare piece of carry on luggage, which they stuff full of Dairy Milk when they go back; they are very popular when they get home! :D I can understand why, having once sampled what the Americans laughingly call chocolate, the vile Hershey bar, very nearly threw up.
Someone once brought a bag of various Hershey chocolates into work. I'm not lying when I say that they had a vomit-flavoured aftertaste. I had to go and buy some Extra Strong Mints to take away the taste. Urgh. :sick:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:The problem seems to be that in the US some chocolate doesn't actually contain any chocolate. We are being Americanised. Bloody Yanks.
Canadian relatives of mine always bring a spare piece of carry on luggage, which they stuff full of Dairy Milk when they go back; they are very popular when they get home! :D I can understand why, having once sampled what the Americans laughingly call chocolate, the vile Hershey bar, very nearly threw up.
I think you can get all the 'Cadbury' products in the States now.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:Indeed,commonly used as an emetic.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
HindleA wrote:"Alarm at "surprise"fall in life expectancy"

Thanks for the link. Yeah a "shock" and a "surprise". Not.
No doubt any comment from a Government spokesdrone will feature the following:
"We provide adequate funding..."
"...Labour to blame..."
"...and we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for this pesky 5 year fixed term Parliament."
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Tell them to try the chocolate they sell in Aldi. It's as near as dammit to the way Cadbury's used to taste. And a lot cheaper.

And Aldi do own brand Aero and Bounty. Lovely!
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Tell them to try the chocolate they sell in Aldi. It's as near as dammit to the way Cadbury's used to taste. And a lot cheaper.

Some of the Aldi own brands are excellent, definitely including their chocolate - chowing down on some now, in a bid to get my serotonin levels up. Their bacon is good too, M & S quality at value prices, astonishing.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Canadian relatives of mine always bring a spare piece of carry on luggage, which they stuff full of Dairy Milk when they go back; they are very popular when they get home! :D I can understand why, having once sampled what the Americans laughingly call chocolate, the vile Hershey bar, very nearly threw up.

Some of the Aldi own brands are excellent, definitely including their chocolate - chowing down on some now, in a bid to get my serotonin levels up. Their bacon is good too, M & S quality at value prices, astonishing.
I can get most of my weekly shop from there now. It used to be a bit basic and I had to go to Sainsbury's for quite a few bits, but recently they've expanded the range of foodstuffs. They do packs of ham off cuts and that's brilliant value. Even their basic range is acceptable. Their butter is cheap too. And Mr Ohso likes their pea and ham soup.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

A very naughty individual posted this on UKPR
Allan Christie

Tonights Yougov

CON…36%

LAB…31%

UKIP…14%

LIB…7%

GRN..5%

OTHERS..7%
Followed a bit later by....
Allan Christie
It;s okay you can come out from hiding…My last post was my prediction.
Rumoured to be a Green Surge(TM) apparently, which might mean a Tory lead.....
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

TechnicalEphemera wrote:A very naughty individual posted this on UKPR
Allan Christie

Tonights Yougov

CON…36%

LAB…31%

UKIP…14%

LIB…7%

GRN..5%

OTHERS..7%
Allan Christie
Think we can ignore his predictions in future .....
Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics · 1m1 minute ago
YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by one: CON 32%, LAB 33%, LD 6%, UKIP 17%, GRN 6%
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

Ah, that's the by-product of being a German chain - decent continental chocolate. British chocolate is terribly poor compared to the real thing from 'over there'. I only eat dark chocolate, and Aldi has it in spades, and it's all lovely. That, and a Marathon lookylikey (I refuse to call it Snickers) and I'm sorted. Oh, and the wines are pretty good too. And, yes, I'm a convert.

BTW, if you're on Twitter, have a look at #FoxNewsFacts and laugh yourself short of oxygen as MsRemarx and I have been doing for the last 20 minutes. I had to stop as I was seeing blue spots in front of my eyes.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:A very naughty individual posted this on UKPR
Allan Christie

Tonights Yougov

CON…36%

LAB…31%

UKIP…14%

LIB…7%

GRN..5%

OTHERS..7%
Allan Christie
Think we can ignore his predictions in future .....
Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics · 1m1 minute ago
YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by one: CON 32%, LAB 33%, LD 6%, UKIP 17%, GRN 6%
To be fair I believe his real prediction was a small lead for somebody ( not exactly sticking your neck out). The Green Surge rumour was from elsewhere....
Release the Guardvarks.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-17 ... LRUMHs0-g0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently, if the same rules were enacted regarding parliamentary elections, then only 15 of the Tories 303 MPs would have qualified. I think that says all that needs to be said.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ErnstRemarx wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Canadian relatives of mine always bring a spare piece of carry on luggage, which they stuff full of Dairy Milk when they go back; they are very popular when they get home! :D I can understand why, having once sampled what the Americans laughingly call chocolate, the vile Hershey bar, very nearly threw up.

Ah, that's the by-product of being a German chain - decent continental chocolate. British chocolate is terribly poor compared to the real thing from 'over there'. I only eat dark chocolate, and Aldi has it in spades, and it's all lovely. That, and a Marathon lookylikey (I refuse to call it Snickers) and I'm sorted. Oh, and the wines are pretty good too. And, yes, I'm a convert.

BTW, if you're on Twitter, have a look at #FoxNewsFacts and laugh yourself short of oxygen as MsRemarx and I have been doing for the last 20 minutes. I had to stop as I was seeing blue spots in front of my eyes.
We seem to have turned this into the chocolate thread. :D Yep, I know the Europeans don't consider what we have to be chocolate, bt I do have a liking for Dairy Milk; but on the whole I tend to eat dark chocolate, 85% cocoa for preference, 75% if need be - Lindt do a 99% which is too much even for me. Oh, and every now and then I treat myself to some chocolate with chilli in, very lovely & warming.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

ErnstRemarx wrote:http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-17 ... LRUMHs0-g0

Apparently, if the same rules were enacted regarding parliamentary elections, then only 15 of the Tories 303 MPs would have qualified. I think that says all that needs to be said.
And the less said about the validity of the Police and Crime Commissioners the better...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: Tell them to try the chocolate they sell in Aldi. It's as near as dammit to the way Cadbury's used to taste. And a lot cheaper.

We seem to have turned this into the chocolate thread. :D Yep, I know the Europeans don't consider what we have to be chocolate, bt I do have a liking for Dairy Milk; but on the whole I tend to eat dark chocolate, 85% cocoa for preference, 75% if need be - Lindt do a 99% which is too much even for me. Oh, and every now and then I treat myself to some chocolate with chilli in, very lovely & warming.
Aldi dark chocolate with chilli and their sour cherry filled, mmmm....

Regarding the polling, I'm looking forward to the detailed Scottish and English marginals.

Has this parliament finished doing any parliamentary things before May btw?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

RogerOThornhill wrote:

And the less said about the validity of the Police and Crime Commissioners the better...
I'm hoping that both will be quoted back to the fat, ham faced fish botherer in short order.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

ErnstRemarx wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:

I'm hoping that both will be quoted back to the fat, ham faced fish botherer in short order.
Our yellow streak of a PM is getting an absolute hammering BTL at the G over his plan to expand the power of the Stasi State.

Most satisfying.
Release the Guardvarks.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: And the less said about the validity of the Police and Crime Commissioners the better...
Our yellow streak of a PM is getting an absolute hammering BTL at the G over his plan to expand the power of the Stasi State.

Most satisfying.
Yep. Just waiting for Henry Porter to come out and either protest against it, which I can't see how he can as a Tory, or to condemn it, in which case his judgement and reputation are in shreds and he looks like the hypocrite he always was and will be, the fat Tory twat.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote: I'm hoping that both will be quoted back to the fat, ham faced fish botherer in short order.

Most satisfying.
Yep. Just waiting for Henry Porter to come out and either protest against it, which I can't see how he can as a Tory, or to condemn it, in which case his judgement and reputation are in shreds and he looks like the hypocrite he always was and will be, the fat Tory twat.
Here you go, he's against it: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... terrorists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

GENERAL ELECTION PREDICTIONS 57: SCOTLAND - NORTH EAST
http://www.iaindale.com/posts/2015/01/1 ... um=twitter
Predicting a Lab loss and 2 Lib Dem losses. 2 SNP gains and 1 Cons gain.

GENERAL ELECTION PREDICTIONS 58: SCOTLAND - CENTRAL
Predicting a Lab loss and Lib Dem loss. Both SNP gains.

GENERAL ELECTION PREDICTIONS 59: SCOTLAND - FIFE
Predicting 2 Lab losses. 2 SNP gains.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sorry for my bad taste in enjoying this. It reads like a script for a bad Brian Rix farce.
Married headmaster is suspended from school 'after being caught wearing just his boxer shorts with chairwoman of governors' - who was once a 'Cameron Cutie'
Richard Tattersfield, 45, has left his wife for married Keely Huxtable, 33
Mrs Huxtable was youngest female Tory candidate at 2010 general election
Headteacher is suspended and chair of governors quit her post a day later
Sources claim Mr Tattersfield ran from his bedroom in boxer shorts
His wife Jan then found his new partner naked in bed, it has been alleged
She said: 'They did start the affair while we were still together. I'm not going to say anything about whether I caught them or not'
Mrs Huxtable says it is a 'witch-hunt' and they have done nothing wrong
Couple say they were fully clothed and were holding 'strategic' meeting
Keely Huxtable's councillor husband accuses her of a 'tissue of lies'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... .html[url][/url]
Working on the wild side.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Same story I started the day on,from the Independent,this time with comments

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 71356.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;