Tuesday 30th April 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 30th April 2024

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 30th April 2024

Post by refitman »

More is this from Labour please
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Re Tees Valley Mayor.

I think this is right, when Labour chose their candidate they assumed Houchen was unbeatable. As TVM says:
The election is a rare opportunity to bring the wider issues of Houchen's mismanagement of TVCA to public attention. Labour has not exploited that opportunity and the outcome of that will be a low turnout election. Low turnout benefits Houchen.
Another example of Labour not wanting to rock the boat.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

We live about 10 miles from the Teesside boundary and are voting for the new York & North Yorkshire mayor, which nobody wants.

Anyway, the only election info we've received is a booklet with our postal voting papers, which has a page for each of the candidates, perhaps because it's a new post.

We did receive a Labour leaflet for Tees Valley Mayor, presumably they just sent it to all TS postcodes, and it doesn't mention the name of the candidate.

Even the party itself thinks he's a waste of space.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

A reminder that Houchen got over 73% last time - its rare (even if not unknown) to lose from such a strong position in one go.

And tbh I wouldn't totally trust mayoral polling anyway.

But yes, at the start of the year it was the general belief across parties that both he and Street would easily win again (despite the national picture)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Yay, transphobia!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

refitman wrote: Tue 30 Apr, 2024 10:36 am More is this from Labour please
Wow, maybe one cherry picked out of context quote from Ellie Reeves isn't actually the whole story! I mean, who knew??
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 30 Apr, 2024 3:53 pm
refitman wrote: Tue 30 Apr, 2024 10:36 am More is this from Labour please
Wow, maybe one cherry picked out of context quote from Ellie Reeves isn't actually the whole story! I mean, who knew??
I think there's a difference between an official Labour spokesperson, making an official Labour statement, on a news program and a person personally affected by this bollocks posting on twitter.

I'll believe the Philips line is official, when an official Labour spokesperson actually says that life is really fucking hard for disabled people and they should get more help from the State.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I checked the Ellie Reeves thread from yesterday , and nobody posted more of the context to her 6-second apparent idiocy.
OK it looks like it's seriously bad but I do like more context !
-------------------------------------------------------

Gilsey earlier -- I still think labour is missing a trick on freeports and SEZ's, let alone Houchen's dodgy dealings ...

------------------------------------------------------------

Off out for some late mowing before a solid week of rain , followed by intermittent rain ....
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Where's that bloody shredder ?

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

God, imagine if Starmer actually had some principles and humanity.

Speaking of humanity, or lack thereof:

Is there any way I can vote for Count Binface at the GE?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 30 Apr, 2024 3:53 pm Wow, maybe one cherry picked out of context quote from Ellie Reeves isn't actually the whole story! I mean, who knew??
Having watched the whole interview there's no cherry picking required, she was talking absolute nonsense.

The benefit under discussion is PIP and she started rambling about jobcentres when PIP isn't an out of work benefit and has nothing to do with jobcentres at all.

You would think, given the sheer terror the Tories are causing amongst sick and disabled people, that the Labour party might want to offer them a bit of reassurance, but no instead they send out someone to pointlessly waffle about a subject they clearly don't understand.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

No-one said you had to be smart to be a Zionist
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well I was wrong about Humza Yousaf staying in his job, so that's another one to add to the collection.

In other news we had the council housing inspectors round today. They weren't very friendly (they failed to laugh at a single one of my hilarious witticisms) but they did seem to be scrupulously professional. The upshot of it all was despite saying the place looked 'tired' (It's over 100 years old and hasn't been decorated since the 1980s) the only recommendations they made were to replace a couple of fire doors. So the racist lunatic who was trying to get the place condemned so he would have to be rehoused by them has been foiled in his less than devious plot. Incredibly it turns out he'd been trying to recruit another couple of tenants in his bizarre efforts to make us all homeless and unsurprisingly they told him to fuck off.

He'd told the inspectors that our basement was infested with rats (it isn't) so in a rare show of genuine wit the landlord brought a large cuddly toy rat and left it down there for them to find. Apparently they didn't laugh at that either.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Tue 30 Apr, 2024 10:06 pm
AnatolyKasparov wrote: Tue 30 Apr, 2024 3:53 pm Wow, maybe one cherry picked out of context quote from Ellie Reeves isn't actually the whole story! I mean, who knew??
Having watched the whole interview there's no cherry picking required, she was talking absolute nonsense.
The benefit under discussion is PIP and she started rambling about jobcentres when PIP isn't an out of work benefit and has nothing to do with jobcentres at all.
You would think, given the sheer terror the Tories are causing amongst sick and disabled people, that the Labour party might want to offer them a bit of reassurance, but no instead they send out someone to pointlessly waffle about a subject they clearly don't understand.
Crazy . Thanks for checking !!!!!!!!
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

So much for Presidential Immunity ...

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway going back to Humza Yousaf.

I genuinely thought the bloke (and his advisors) had a bit of political savvy and knew what they were doing.

That before jettisoning their power sharing partners they'd have crunched the electoral numbers, worked through all the scenarios, and concluded they'd be fine.

But no, it seems they'd done none of that and got caught by surprise. As a result of incompetence and hubris.

One of these days I'd love to be so confident about something I could experience hubris, then have Nemesis the goddess of retribution turn up to see if I could make her laugh before she killed me in some excruciatingly painful way.

Surely a goddess couldn't be as humourless as a Leeds council housing inspector?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »