May Bank Holiday Weekend

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

May Bank Holiday Weekend

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: May Bank Holiday Weekend

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon all.

Early indications from actual results show that there may have been a swing *to* Sadiq Khan since the 2021 London Mayor election.

That's not what we were being told yesterday.....
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

This is just abysmal messaging. "Look the murder of 10s of 1000s of Muslims is just something you have to accept and vote for us", I don't think it's going to go down well.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good afternoon.

Well this is interesting...from the Guardian live thing
Sadiq Khan wins West Central
Sadiq Khan has won in West Central (Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster), taking it from the Conservatives.

Khan has received 11,076 more votes than Hall. In 2021, Tory Shaun Bailey beat Khan in this constituency.

In 2024:
Sadiq Khan: 54,481
Susan Hall: 43,405

Versus 2021 first prefs:
Sadiq Khan: 51,508
Shaun Bailey 53,713
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well, isn't Labour's position now basically that there should be a ceasefire?

No that wasn't the case early on and that clearly harmed the party's relationship with Muslim voters, but nor is it what you have claimed.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

And another - not natural Labour territory I would have said.
Sadiq Khan wins South West (Hounslow, Kingston upon Thames, Richmond upon Thames).
Sadiq Khan has won in the South West (Hounslow, Kingston upon Thames, Richmond upon Thames).

The results are:

Sadiq Khan – 77,011
Susan Hall – 68,856
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 04 May, 2024 1:48 pm Well, isn't Labour's position now basically that there should be a ceasefire?

No that wasn't the case early on and that clearly harmed the party's relationship with Muslim voters, but nor is it what you have claimed.
Have you heard the phrase "too little, too late". I believe the entire Labour leadership - and you - said the idea of an immediate ceasefire was unrealistic and incorrect and possibly a childish view of the way the world works. Labour backed Israel fully, as they decided to flatten Gaza, target civilians, target hospitals (oh noooo, the underground tunnels) and kill aid workers. Oh yeah, they've also attacked people peacefully protesting in this country. They also continue to support the supply of additional arms to Israel.

Tell me, why would anyone just volte face and support Labour because in the last few weeks they started to change their minds.

Nah, fuck Labour. I have no problem with anyone who decides not to vote for them, over their casual approach to attempted genocide and wholesale slaughter.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Remember this? A lot of people do

Remember when he used to tout himself as a human rights lawyer?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

He misspoke - once.

And yes the idea of an immediate ceasefire was never realistic - Israel was always going to take robust action in response to what happened on October 7. That is not the same as Netanyahu wantonly prolonging the war - and attendant death and destruction - just so that he can remain in power.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

refitman wrote: Sat 04 May, 2024 2:16 pm
AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 04 May, 2024 1:48 pm Well, isn't Labour's position now basically that there should be a ceasefire?

Have you heard the phrase "too little, too late". I believe the entire Labour leadership - and you - said the idea of an immediate ceasefire was unrealistic and incorrect and possibly a childish view of the way the world works. Labour backed Israel fully, as they decided to flatten Gaza, target civilians, target hospitals (oh noooo, the underground tunnels) and kill aid workers. Oh yeah, they've also attacked people peacefully protesting in this country. They also continue to support the supply of additional arms to Israel.

Tell me, why would anyone just volte face and support Labour because in the last few weeks they started to change their minds.

Nah, fuck Labour. I have no problem with anyone who decides not to vote for them, over their casual approach to attempted genocide and wholesale slaughter.
Re: Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th October 2023

Post by AnatolyKasparov » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:32 pm
Again, there is no PRACTICAL difference between "humanitarian pauses" and an official "ceasefire" WITHOUT A POLITICAL AGREEMENT.

Literally the only distinction is that "ceasefire" makes people feel warm and fuzzy inside.

In reality, if there was one tomorrow it would break down within days.

What then?
http://flythenest.org/viewtopic.php?p=258575#p258575
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well, that was basically right when I posted it.

The difference now is that both sides are pretty war weary, so a ceasefire *might* hold with just a rudimentary agreement.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

So, after the complete non-event that is Reform and the huge local gains by both the Lib Dems and Green Party, does anyone think that we'll see less of the likes of Tice on our screens, and more of the other two parties reps? No? Me neither.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sat 04 May, 2024 2:26 pm Well, that was basically right when I posted it.

The difference now is that both sides are pretty war weary, so a ceasefire *might* hold with just a rudimentary agreement.
The fact that it wasn't even entertained as a possibility, showed the utter contempt that the people in power had for the people of Gaza. My point being, that people will not forget the suggestion of "nah, let them bomb Gaza a bit more. Get it out of their system, it'll be fine". And suggesting that having a bit of a chat will bring them round is extremely condescending and naive.

The fact that you won't admit that Labour absolutely fucked their handling of this situation and are now amazed that it's had consequences, is very telling.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I've never seen anything like it in Leeds. Labour lost every ward with high Muslim or student populations, from Headingley to Harehills, all to the Greens. Those are some of the longest serving councillors in the city who would never have dreamed they'd be voted out. I can only imagine they're furious. If anyone had told me a year ago Labour could lose somewhere like Harehills I'd have burst out laughing. They took three wards from the Tories which has kept them running the council but they better be hoping the ones they lost were a protest vote because it's a seismic shift away from them. Even in my ward which is mainly white middle class (apart from where I live) they only just clung on against the Greens when in all the time I've lived here it's never previously come close to being a contest.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Rumours that Andy Street may have lost by a few thousand votes in the West Midlands.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

So despite the kerfuffle it looks like Khan's going to win comfortably after all and even increase his vote share. We heard the same drivel last time when pundits were claiming Shaun Bailey was running him close without a shred of evidence. As for Susan Hall the funniest thing about her defeat is she took Sunak's ridiculous 'pivot' after the Uxbridge by-election and ran with it which gives us yet more evidence of it being electoral suicide. Turns out people do want cleaner air and less traffic in their neighbourhoods, what a surprise.

I'm also happy to see Tracy Brabin has absolutely thrashed the Tories in West Yorkshire with just over 50% of the vote, which is pretty remarkable under FPTP, evidently bringing the buses back under local authority control has been a popular move.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

ULEZ reminds me of Inheritance Tax.

It impacts far fewer people than some make it out to...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

And that's it.
Sadiq Khan officially wins London mayoral race
The final London mayoral constituency of Lambeth and Southwark has announced its results, and it shows that Labour’s Sadiq Khan has held it.
The tantrums on the right had already started...
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

The delay in counting was so that "they" could fix the result, don't you know?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

:clap:

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Things you love to see
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Wow.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I see Lawrence Fox and Dan Wootton have both had tantrums and pledged to leave London.

Seems rather presumptuous of them to assume they'll be welcome anywhere else in the country.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Sat 04 May, 2024 8:36 pm Wow.
Wow indeed, I'd even go so far as to offer a blimey.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

:D

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

If you thought before that Caroline Farrow was slightly unhinged, well, then you were probably right...

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Bloody anti-semites
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Conservative Home.

Goodbyeee

these elections have only confirmed that the Conservatives are heading for the electoral equivalent of the Chicxulub asteroid impact (except this time one or two dinosaurs might survive). Ignore the vote shares, Holden’s Comical Ali routine, and Sunak’s desperate smiles.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
notnowsonny
Committee Member

Post by notnowsonny »

notnowsonny
MAY 5, 2024 AT 12:01 PM
I quote Braverman on Kuenssberg this morning: “…it’s a disgrace that we are trailing up against Labour led by Keir Starmer, who has the charisma of a peanut, who is overseeing a party which is a rabble of hard-left maniacs, who would undo Brexit, who would open our borders and who would indoctrinate our institutions and schools with politically correct madness…”.

In reply to this Kuenssberg managed to murmur words saying, in effect, that because of the things that have gone on recently “…do you believe that there will be viewers thinking actually it’s the Conservatives who are a rabble…?”.

Charitably, she was letting Braverman hang herself, but surely some balancing comment on the rest of the diatribe was essential?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

notnowsonny wrote: Sun 05 May, 2024 12:03 pm Charitably, she was letting Braverman hang herself, but surely some balancing comment on the rest of the diatribe was essential?
Indeed, she was equally quiescent when interviewing Mark Harper yet as if by magic as soon as Pat McFadden appeared she began channelling her inner yappy dog and went for his ankles focusing on Labour's losses.

I can't see her lasting for long after the election when most of her political contacts will have lost their seats.

She'll get chucked into BBC's shark tank after outliving her usefulness.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

notnowsonny wrote: Sun 05 May, 2024 12:03 pm notnowsonny
MAY 5, 2024 AT 12:01 PM
Charitably, she was letting Braverman hang herself, but surely some balancing comment on the rest of the diatribe was essential?
That's VERY charitable notnow !

A small dose only --

Confession -- it's the first time I've seen AK called a "hard Left maniac" :-)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

The NYPD does not yet have photos of the tunnels under the Students Union ...

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Another question for the BBC is why the Lib Dems or Greens weren't invited onto Kuenssberg's programme after making gains in the local elections, while three Tories made an appearance despite making huge losses.

Is it because she doesn't have any Greens or Lib Dems on speed dial?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Whooops --

Very odd ! The UA needs ammo and more advanced drones, plus taking out the RU air superiority which is hammering the front line with the massive 'glide bombs' .

EDIT Tweeet suppressed but here's the article, FWIW --

https://asiatimes.com/2024/05/france-se ... ttlefront/

( Using Telegram Ukrainian and Russian Legionnaires on 'leave' have been in contact across the lines )
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I mean, you can't really disagree with the description of Starmer
the charisma of a peanut
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Shit Home Sec and shit now
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RIP Bernard Hill
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Sun 05 May, 2024 4:04 pm RIP Bernard Hill
New to me refit, I'd already escaped .

More from the Rogue State --

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh dear, Dan Hodges has decided to pick a fight with Marina Purkiss and it's going about as badly for him as you would expect. I'm beginning to suspect he humiliates himself like this deliberately for the masochistic sexual thrill of it.

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

DFH is still going on about Angela Rayner, you know.

Just get together in a room with her and be done with it :)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

It's Nicolas Cage time again...or is it?

Arcadian

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22939186/

Nicolas Cage is the father of two teenage sons in a post apocalyptic rural Ireland teeming with monsters. So far so good you might be thinking, I certainly was, but then nothing happens for half an hour until Cage blows himself up and is rendered unconscious until the end of the film. Nice work if you can get it. For the next tragically Cageless hour we're treated to some tedious sibling squabbling and teen romance until the monsters finally attack. Like most low budget monster movies the action takes place in the dark to hide the flaws in the cheap cgi, so most of the time it's difficult to make out what the hell is going on, which is a shame because the monsters are actually pretty cool. Weird hairy long necked things which collectively form themselves into a giant wheel to travel around for some reason, even while on fire. People get killed and things look bleak until a certain Mr Cage regains consciousness in the nick of time and I'll leave it up to you to decide whether he heroically takes on the monsters with a baseball bat or runs away screaming leaving his kids to die so I'm technically not giving away any spoilers.

On the Cageometer it's obviously going to have to be a low rating due to the lack of the man himself, so despite it being perfectly watchable it's going to have to be a 4/10. It would have been a 2 without the cool critters.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Looks like at least one of the Leeds winners for the Greens referred to by Sky yesterday could be a potential embarrassment to them.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote: Sun 05 May, 2024 7:18 pm Oh dear, Dan Hodges has decided to pick a fight with Marina Purkiss and it's going about as badly for him as you would expect. I'm beginning to suspect he humiliates himself like this deliberately for the masochistic sexual thrill of it.
I know little about DH, but I am really happy to see hm giving you all such amusement :-)

Listening on R4 to a Tory from their interim government gabbling his PLANS for the next 'n' years ... now it's all Kieth's to lose ?
On one of his new vote-losers he didn't mis speak on water for Gaza, as the ignoble Thornberry and Lammy backed him on it in the following days , so there are going to be a number of abstentions and small parties profiting !

PS A hell of a long read in The Times, the SAS murdering some 300 civilians a dozen years ago; and some very senior officers, civil servants, and the Cameron government doing the cover-up .
A very few people coming well out of it, including Johnny Mercer, one marine then CO of the SBS, and a senior SAS officer in fear of his life or those of his family ...
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Sun 05 May, 2024 10:21 pm Looks like at least one of the Leeds winners for the Greens referred to by Sky yesterday could be a potential embarrassment to them.
I presume you're talking about Mothin Ali who won the Gipton and Harehills ward which is literally just over the road from me? Have you watched the video of the speech he gave which has given the Mail and Telegraph conniptions? If so you'll have noticed a lot of angry shouting and swearing directed towards him as he's trying to speak, guess who that's coming from? Any ideas? It's coming from the family and supporters of the Labour councillor he defeated. I told you they'd be furious. What I didn't expect them to be was graceless and abusive, but then as I said yesterday I doubt they ever imagined they could lose. Especially not to a lowly gardener.

The guy he defeated, Arif Hussain, was caught partying during lockdown and despite all the denunciations of Johnson by the Labour Party for doing the same Arif was barely given a slap on the wrist despite being criticised repeatedly for doing nothing about local businesses remaining open during the lockdowns illegaly. I mentioned it at the time, it was as if they didn't apply round here.

But yeah it's the Green bloke that's the embarrassment. Not the Labour Party's abject, cowardly handling of 35,000 Gazans being murdered that led to him being elected.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And Refitman is right. I watched Jacqui Smith on Kuenssberg and her smug superior attitude towards the left and anyone with any sympathy for the Palestinians was appalling. Apparently a Labour leader must be a statesman and rise above the views of the party and its voters.

Let's have a think about when that last happened...Oh yeah it was Blair kissing the arse of a Republican President while defying the expressed wishes of the United Nations.

That went well.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I would hope they tell them to go Indy, but I fear that is too much to ask, instead of welcoming Tories into the Labour party.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

refitman wrote: Mon 06 May, 2024 9:18 am
I would hope they tell them to go Indy, but I fear that is too much to ask, instead of welcoming Tories into the Labour party.
Morning refit, thanks for a small lol to start the day !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

PS Has anyone seen 'THE PLAN' ?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »