Friday the 10th of May 2024

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
frog222
Prime Minister

Friday the 10th of May 2024

Post by frog222 »

Sky --" First one up and about starts a new thread for the day? I can guarantee that won't be me so have at it."

Well I do have an hour's advantage !

Good morning all
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Friday the 10th of May 2024

Post by frog222 »

The always-wrong journos AND politicians will telL you it's because of LOCKDOWN because they always without fail insist on getting their pet idea out there , see Radio4 earlier ...

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

A bit more on Elphickgate here, see Roger and my link yesterday on housing

" Why Natalie Elphicke’s defection was a brutal political calculation "

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nata ... -sz2tkb5cf

No time for quotes from the article, off to granville to get a cheap subscription to the pool !
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Thanks for opening up, frog.

Thanks to sky for the QT review, I found the spectacle of Blakeley and Nandy bickering rather unedifying. How depressing that notionally they're on the same side, Labour are transforming into New Conservatives in front of our eyes, and will no doubt sweep all before them, for a while.

Labour at last giving us some detail on policy this am and the topic is ... immigration.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Blakeley isn't a Labour member any more IIRC, so maybe not quite the *same* side these days.

Sky's comment on how well GB went down in Stoke is noted, but it is equally true that her prospectus didn't do so great there at the last GE.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I had a quick look at the Lancet article .

A
second reason for the increased mortality rates could be that outsourcing leads to intensified pressure across the whole health system. Outsourcing can increase pressure on the wider system if profitable patients and services are cream-skimmed (ie, preferentially selected) by for-profit providers, creating a concentration of difficult treatments in public providers, as was witnessed in the NHS outsourcing to private hospitals during the 2000s.17 Similarly, increased competition for contracts could result in health-care providers prioritising easily quantified outcomes such as waiting times at the expense of quality of care, resulting in higher patient mortality, as was identified in the NHS after the pro-market reforms during the 1990s.33 The fact that we focused on a measure of health-care service performance and found no association between mortality and outsourcing when using a measure of mortality from causes that are treated by public health interventions suggests the overarching explanation for the increased mortality rates might be an aggregate decline in the quality of care. At the same time, more research is needed to unpack the precise mechanisms of worsening care in England since 2013, including an assessment of how private providers contribute to quality and safety data and systems of accountability. Another future avenue of research is the impact of outsourcing on health inequalities at the neighbourhood level, and the qualitative impact of access to health care.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanp ... 5/fulltext

So they go round all the houses, but there's a lot of "could be's" ...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Change of 'management' at the Public/Private swimming pool in Granville --

Radical change for occasional visitors, but for the mom My subscription is even less ! However talking to one of my worker friends she tells me they've outsourced the tech support/handyman crew ....
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Reported that Macron is "ready to intervene" after France's birth rate hit its lowest in living memory.

As some have noted, if you take that literally that might leave him a bit tired :D
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Fri 10 May, 2024 11:07 pm Reported that Macron is "ready to intervene" after France's birth rate hit its lowest in living memory.

As some have noted, if you take that literally that might leave him a bit tired :D
LOL !