Friday 16th January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
giselle97
Committee Chair

Re: Friday 16th January 2015

Post by giselle97 »

One of the first things Nik Johnson said when he arrived from work at the #SaveHinchingbrooke meeting had started was that he needed to clarify that he was there and speaking as (1) a member of the Hinchingbrooke Team, and (2) a resident of Huntingdon, and that his comments were personal in spite of the fact he as the candidate. That photo doesn't do him justice either.
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!
giselle97
Committee Chair

Post by giselle97 »

That poor kitten! Can you imagine how heavy that collar with its metal bits dangling must be on its tiny little neck and shoulders. Completely unnecessary and cruel.

Night all.

I :) HATE WINDOWS 8.1 :fire: but hope to be in a better mood if I wake up tomorrow.
Happy to be called a Labour Party Tribalist as I don't consider it as an insult in the grand scheme of things!
Tizme1
Minister of State

Post by Tizme1 »

giselle97 wrote:@Tizme - in respect of your "wish" to see a Green Government. I don't know how old you are but I'm 67 and I, for sure, will never see one.

Right now, what respect and support I gave to "the Greens" has gone down the toilet in to the sewer. Why? Because Caroline Lucas is beginning to really piss me off - Nick Clegg style, and I think everyone on here knows what I think of that piece of sh1te. The Greens can help the Tories to stay in power by taking votes from the only other Party which can realistically beat the bastard Coalition. The Tories and the current enablers will form the next Government in that case. More people will die. Good on the Greens. What will they have achieved for that? One seat, two seats, three seats? The world will be over before there's any gain for the Greens.

Don't mean to offend you personally but England can't afford to waste votes this time after the vile and vicious attacks of this cobbled together monster. The country deserves a break from the wrecking balls which won't cease under another Tory or Tory/LibDem monster.

Sorry I'm not able to be as polite as you have been.
I'm skimming through now but feel I have to answer this. Apologies if I'm missing any subsequent responses. Believe me or not Giselle, I do understand your feelings. I've spent about 28 years in Watford which as I've said before, is a 3 way marginal. When it comes to GE's, I've spent all that time frankly having to vote tactically in almost every election. And prior to that, I lived in a safe Tory seat.

Caroline Lucas is pissing you off. Fair enough. Care to say why? Are you fearful that her [our] arguments will take votes away from Labour?We are a separate party, we have our own philosophy and agenda. At what point do you think its OK for us to promote our views?

As Greens, we believe that Labour are on the same neo liberal road as the Tories - just taking it slower. At what point is it OK for us to say, sorry Labour, you've blown it? I think you and I and most people [all] on here, want pretty much the same things. Greens and Labour disagree about how to achieve those things. Tell me, when can we vote for what we want? When can I vote for my preference rather than my choice? When will you accept my alternative view is as valid as yours?

I think your comment to me comes from fear. And to be blunt, I totally understand your fear and I share it. Our solutions to it may be somewhat different though.
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.