Monday 19th January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Toby Latimer

Re: Monday 19th January 2015

Post by Toby Latimer »

Here's one Dermot might want to forget - Murnaghan and Nicky Robinson (and a few others) in the same video.

Singing (I use the term loosely) Bohemian Rhapsody

Ok it's for charidee, but still :sick:

[youtube]Kd_56ezMtc0[/youtube]
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

For Roger & Tubby

They're still arguing over where to build this school. Is all this wrangling costing them? Or us?

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local- ... le-8471546
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Iain Dale ‏@IainDale 3h3 hours ago
Well done 2 @ChukaUmunna for walking out on Murnaghan. He was being a dick & Chuka called him on it. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Told you before ... Dale is a polite Tory. He has manners. (I know - as GS reminded us the other day - he assaulted that pensioner who interrupted his press gig - but that does seem to have been a real aberration and he did properly apologise for that.)
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RobertSnozers wrote:Just watched that Murnagham/Umunna interview. Don't have much sympathy for the former, who came across as a smug idiot. There was another example of the media's attitude to just about everyone else in the 'do you want to come back in half an hour when you've read the letter?' Schtick - as if a senior opposition politician is just at the beck and call of the media to talk about whatever they want at a time that suits them.

But then we all known who pays the Sky piper, don't we?
Umunna should have had a gut instinct. Politicians with strong gut instincts are what Britain needs. For or against Muslims. Simple as.

Or something.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mum and kids sleep on police station floor after being made homeless
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mu ... on-5005102
I weep for these kids. Read it and see what they have been through and, no doubt, have still to go through. This kind of experience and insecurity stays with you ...

And I am furious with a government and systems that can allow, and in many cases, actually facilitate this kind of outcome. It's got to stop.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Nicky Morgan's closed down Durham Free School, and complimented the LA, in whom she is confident will make sure the pupils will be looked after.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1 ... ed_report/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"East Durham" of course was where you could "smell the defeatism", as Gove put it.

One shouldn't get carried away, this is only sensible. But crike, it's an improvement on Gove. Had he acted before like she is now, how much work and money could have been saved.

Bloke on another board who used to be an ILEA teacher and worked high up in the DfE says it's about the worst report he's ever seen.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
RobertSnozers wrote:Just watched that Murnagham/Umunna interview. Don't have much sympathy for the former, who came across as a smug idiot. There was another example of the media's attitude to just about everyone else in the 'do you want to come back in half an hour when you've read the letter?' Schtick - as if a senior opposition politician is just at the beck and call of the media to talk about whatever they want at a time that suits them.

Umunna should have had a gut instinct. Politicians with strong gut instincts are what Britain needs. For or against Muslims. Simple as.

Or something.
From what I saw of the video Tubby - Umunna had already given a general response about working with and supporting the Muslim communities ... he didn't want to make a specific comment on the tone and content of a letter he hadn't read. That's the responsible position to take IMO.

Oh sorry Tubby - I've just read your post again - and I've clearly had an irony-spot fail. My bad and humble grovels.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

Or something.
From what I saw of the video Tubby - Umunna had already given a general response about working with and supporting the Muslim communities ... he didn't want to make a specific comment on the tone and content of a letter he hadn't read. That's the responsible position to take IMO.
I was being very sarcy.

Sounds like he was entirely reasonable.

But is he for or against Muslims?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:For Roger & Tubby

They're still arguing over where to build this school. Is all this wrangling costing them? Or us?

Is this the same Reading free school from the other day?

I think I recall it said there that the DfE were paying the LA to do the consultation. If I were the LA, I'd be tempted to tell them to get lost, but they might see it as the only way they can get new school places, so are trying to make it work. Even so, some people will be upset by where the school goes, so I'd have tried to keep out of the way till after the election. Rob Wilson and pals can choose, then the Labour candidates can hoover up the votes from the unhappy areas.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Umunna should have had a gut instinct. Politicians with strong gut instincts are what Britain needs. For or against Muslims. Simple as.

Or something.
I was being very sarcy.

See my post above. (Defo not grovelling again - the convent education only goes so far.)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:

I think I recall it said there that the DfE were paying the LA to do the consultation. If I were the LA, I'd be tempted to tell them to get lost, but they might see it as the only way they can get new school places, so are trying to make it work. Even so, some people will be upset by where the school goes, so I'd have tried to keep out of the way till after the election. Rob Wilson and pals can choose, then the Labour candidates can hoover up the votes from the unhappy areas.
No that's a different one.... :D
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: From what I saw of the video Tubby - Umunna had already given a general response about working with and supporting the Muslim communities ... he didn't want to make a specific comment on the tone and content of a letter he hadn't read. That's the responsible position to take IMO.
I was being very sarcy.

See my post above. (Defo not grovelling again - the convent education only goes so far.)
My Chris Morris impersonations only go so far!

- Are you for or against extremism, Mr Umunna?
- Against and I-
- That means war doesn't it, Mr Umunna?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Prime Ministerial.
Q: You say most of the new jobs are well paid. But the fact that tax receipts are less than expected suggests they are not.

Cameron says one reason the government tax revenues has been low is that the government has actually cut taxes.
Imagine Brown saying that. Deficit because I cut a load of taxes.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

No that's a different one.... :D
No wonder I was confused.

You'd think there were a simpler answer than two self-appointed free schoolers both racing round Reading trying to get the plum location.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I wonder if Nicky Morgan got Reading LA in to help site the free schools? It's fairly sensible.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Strewth.

Have been waiting nearly 20 minutes trying to get through to the National Insurance helpline.

When my husband retired early eight years ago we had to make many calls to Inland Revenue & about National Insurance and got through nearly straight away.

Always the same under the Tories....don't Tories mind being forced to wait at the end of a phone because of their policies ?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Prime Ministerial.
Q: You say most of the new jobs are well paid. But the fact that tax receipts are less than expected suggests they are not.

Cameron says one reason the government tax revenues has been low is that the government has actually cut taxes.
Imagine Brown saying that. Deficit because I cut a load of taxes.
It's even more wrong than normal since the Autumn Statement downgraded their forecast for tax receipts since the Budget - and the AS didn't have any tax changes.

So yes, it is all about quality of earnings.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Yes, it is.

But there's always been the contradiction of "we've taken x million out of tax" and "the deficit, eh? desperate measures needed!"

Tories get to have their cake and eat it.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Mensch calls the SNP "Nicola Sturgeon’s real People’s Army from Scotland".

Crosby's behind all this, talk up anyone who can be represented as more of a people's party than Labour.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... bates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Roger Godsiff MP ‏@RogerGodsiff 10m10 minutes ago Camden Town, London
NHS has to cover damages & insurance cost after outsourcing surgery to private companies which mess it up. More info: http://bit.ly/1zrO8uE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Really worth a read. Just one of the compelling arguments against more privatisation.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

More from Ofsted on Durham...
Attendance rates are too low and falling and the number of fixed-term exclusions is too high. Last year nearly 18 per cent of students were subject to fixed-term exclusions. Current tracking information indicates that this rate is not reducing.
:o

I haven't had a single exclusion report come to me in the last two years!

Here's the link to the report.

http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection ... ELS/140005
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:I wonder if Nicky Morgan got Reading LA in to help site the free schools? It's fairly sensible.
The school wanting the site in Caversham got slapped with orders from Reading Council to remove a set of too big iron gates they'd put up in anticipation, so I don't think there was much liason between the two at first.

A separate free school wants a site in Southcote. That's been going on for at least a couple of years now because there is a big developer wants it too for housing.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

They put up a load of flashy gates without planning permission?!

But, Gove told us it was OK!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

stellacreasy ‏@stellacreasy 7m7 minutes ago
Hey @tnewtondunn - is it true? is Page 3 a gonner? what's the skinny on this? http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/j ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … @NoMorePage3 #21stcenturycalling
They're keeping quiet about it apparently.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 3h3 hours ago
More important focus group insights. If Nick Clegg were an animal, what would he be? “A Chihuahua in David Cameron’s handbag”.
Vicious.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Hey @tnewtondunn - is it true? is Page 3 a gonner? what's the skinny on this? http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/j ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … @NoMorePage3 #21stcenturycalling
It'll be toned down until the readers (and I use that term in a very specific way) realise it's no more tits and move on to the Star or any other paper that'll do topless. In the days pre internet, I suppose it made a sort of sense as a sales ploy, but given that t'internet is now here, it's an even more pointless anachronism than it was.

Given that the Sun's always portrayed itself as a family paper - and, no, I can't imagine what sort of family would be happy to take that rag every day - it's actually a logical step in that direction.

I wonder if this bold new editorial policy might even extend to not treating their readers like retards? I imagine not.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Conservative party is still racist, says a former adviser Derek Laud
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 85757.html
I think most of us probably suspected as much ... but it's an article that can still shock by reminding us of some of the Tories (Condems) most extreme actions and some entertaining quotes:
... He says Mr Cameron sought his support for the party leadership in 2005, soon after Mr Laud emerged from the Big Brother house. “He said ‘I need your endorsement, you are the face of modern Britain.’”

“The whole modernity agenda just doesn’t fit this Tory party,” he says. “Things that don’t come from the heart never last. David Davis would have been the real moderniser. The Tories had a big mandate for reform but blew it. They have just reverted to type. On City reform, they are completely conflicted by big business. And the opportunity was there to talk with equal respect about immigrants as we do about gay marriage. Too much about the old Tory party remains intact. You can’t open a cupboard inside No 10 without an Old Etonian falling out of it.”

Mr Laud says Mr Cameron relies too much on a coterie of political advisers “who have little understanding of the history of the Conservative Party”. “There is no sense of direction and absolutely no coherent narrative. I still don’t know what David thinks about anything, apart from one thing, his ambition. The coterie of mediocre advisers around him are ruthlessly ambitious, but not for Great Britain, only for themselves.”...
And that's from someone who has apparently been a friend of the Camerons since the 1980s.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
It'll be toned down until the readers (and I use that term in a very specific way) realise it's no more tits and move on to the Star or any other paper that'll do topless. In the days pre internet, I suppose it made a sort of sense as a sales ploy, but given that t'internet is now here, it's an even more pointless anachronism than it was.

Given that the Sun's always portrayed itself as a family paper - and, no, I can't imagine what sort of family would be happy to take that rag every day - it's actually a logical step in that direction.

I wonder if this bold new editorial policy might even extend to not treating their readers like retards? I imagine not.
In recent years I have never understood the point of page 3. If you go online there is more naked female flesh than you could ever want to see (and that is just on the Daily Mail website).

If your other half has rudely opted in to Cameron's porn filter, and you are too stupid to work round it; and you still want to look at a pair of tits then there is always this option.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/wp-content/u ... arden1.png

So all Page 3 does is inflict semi naked women on sun reading families over breakfast. Utterly pointless.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Hadn't seen this from the other day.

Reverse ferret barely does it justice.

Announced via a letter from Nick Gibb to exam boards. Boo, Tony Blair, contempt of Parliament!

https://news.tes.co.uk/b/news/2015/01/1 ... sters.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Less than three years ago coalition ministers were actively encouraging state schools to move to IGCSE, a qualification traditionally favoured by the independent sector, as part of their campaign for greater “rigour”.

But a letter to exam boards from Nick Gibb, school reform minister, published today signals a complete about turn. He says he is “convinced” that allowing exam boards to develop IGCSEs, known officially as ‘level 1 / 2 certificates’, as alternatives to new GCSEs would “encourage a race to the bottom, with each board feeling obliged to produce less rigorous level 1 / 2 certificates rather than leaving the market to its competitors”.
If you're going to make the regular GCSEs more rigorous, what do you need these for?

Did nobody point that out?

Funny too seeing the national curriculum being cited. Shame you've already given half of secondaries the right to ignore it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Phil BC ‏@philbc3 22m22 minutes ago Stoke-on-Trent, England
LibDem town councillor defects to UKIP. http://liberalengland.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -ukip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … #ToryHomeFromHome
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Hadn't seen this from the other day.

Reverse ferret barely does it justice.

Announced via a letter from Nick Gibb to exam boards. Boo, Tony Blair, contempt of Parliament!

https://news.tes.co.uk/b/news/2015/01/1 ... sters.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Less than three years ago coalition ministers were actively encouraging state schools to move to IGCSE, a qualification traditionally favoured by the independent sector, as part of their campaign for greater “rigour”.

But a letter to exam boards from Nick Gibb, school reform minister, published today signals a complete about turn. He says he is “convinced” that allowing exam boards to develop IGCSEs, known officially as ‘level 1 / 2 certificates’, as alternatives to new GCSEs would “encourage a race to the bottom, with each board feeling obliged to produce less rigorous level 1 / 2 certificates rather than leaving the market to its competitors”.
If you're going to make the regular GCSEs more rigorous, what do you need these for?

Did nobody point that out?

Funny too seeing the national curriculum being cited. Shame you've already given half of secondaries the right to ignore it.
People who have their kids in private education kicked off about the plebs getting the same grades. This is part of that, a two tier system to buy the best grade. It doesn't occur to them that teachers in normal schools are working their back sides off to get students to pass their exams and will continue to do so.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Good point made by Andy Cavaster.

There'll presumably be a referendum on Cameron's EU reforms... in Ireland.

I'd love it if they told Cameron to sod off.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

‏@matthancockmp
Good that British Gas are cutting prices too. I'll be meeting the Big Six and making sure this is just the beginning
Marxist interferes in energy markets!
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Green surge according to Ashcroft.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... mentpage=1

Also Watt has dragged up some polling expert to claim that the Greens and Tories are doing much better than the polls suggest.

This then is the new Guardian strategy, promote the Greens and hope it puts Cameron/Clegg back into power.

As for the poll, nobody else is showing this, so let's look for some reputable pollsters before jumping to Watts conclusions.

Also why is it news that the Greens have overtaken the Lib Dems in a poll? Isn't this a fairly regular occurrence - not to mention the Euros.
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Conservative party is still racist, says a former adviser Derek Laud
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 85757.html
I think most of us probably suspected as much ... but it's an article that can still shock by reminding us of some of the Tories (Condems) most extreme actions and some entertaining quotes:
... He says Mr Cameron sought his support for the party leadership in 2005, soon after Mr Laud emerged from the Big Brother house. “He said ‘I need your endorsement, you are the face of modern Britain.’”

“The whole modernity agenda just doesn’t fit this Tory party,” he says. “Things that don’t come from the heart never last. David Davis would have been the real moderniser. The Tories had a big mandate for reform but blew it. They have just reverted to type. On City reform, they are completely conflicted by big business. And the opportunity was there to talk with equal respect about immigrants as we do about gay marriage. Too much about the old Tory party remains intact. You can’t open a cupboard inside No 10 without an Old Etonian falling out of it.”

Mr Laud says Mr Cameron relies too much on a coterie of political advisers “who have little understanding of the history of the Conservative Party”. “There is no sense of direction and absolutely no coherent narrative. I still don’t know what David thinks about anything, apart from one thing, his ambition. The coterie of mediocre advisers around him are ruthlessly ambitious, but not for Great Britain, only for themselves.”...
And that's from someone who has apparently been a friend of the Camerons since the 1980s.
He won't be invited for any more country suppers...

Spot on describing Dave's leadership style - or not - and hangers on. I've read a few articles about how he runs things and this confirms it. It's also why Crosby isn't being as successful as he'd have hoped.
I've found it surprising that we haven't heard more, but if there's one thing the Bullingdon boys do do well and that's close ranks.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

I slightly peeved when Chris Bryant was moved talking about the Arts & Crafts, music and pretending to be someone else, but fair play to the old stirrer, he's wound up Blunt, all going wonderfully darlink!

Harrow v Cheltenham College, fight, fight, fight!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... nt-in-full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:I slightly peeved when Chris Bryant was moved talking about the Arts & Crafts, music and pretending to be someone else, but fair play to the old stirrer, he's wound up Blunt, all going wonderfully darlink!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... nt-in-full" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheltenham College, now we're talking! He left there in 1980. Before the Thatcher tax cuts, in other words.

It wouldn't have been all that fancy.

A few bits of buildings were done by my time- left in 1990.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Green surge according to Ashcroft.

Also Watt has dragged up some polling expert to claim that the Greens and Tories are doing much better than the polls suggest.

This then is the new Guardian strategy, promote the Greens and hope it puts Cameron/Clegg back into power.

As for the poll, nobody else is showing this, so let's look for some reputable pollsters before jumping to Watts conclusions.

Also why is it news that the Greens have overtaken the Lib Dems in a poll? Isn't this a fairly regular occurrence - not to mention the Euros.
[My Bold]

It's been written in stone that the LibDems were finished almost before they began. They are desperately upping their Twitter presence, but by the comments posted beneath including mine, :P they're facing wipe out, so why are the pundits surprised the Greens have overtaken them?

And I still maintain it's easy to say, 'that's it, I'm changing who I vote for', but it isn't. There will be backsliders.
Last edited by ohsocynical on Mon 19 Jan, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Guido Fawkes ‏@GuidoFawkes 34 mins34 minutes ago
Karen Danczuk To Quit Being Labour Councillor
http://order-order.com/2015/01/19/karen ... ouncollor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Guido Fawkes ‏@GuidoFawkes 34 mins34 minutes ago
Karen Danczuk To Quit Being Labour Councillor
http://order-order.com/2015/01/19/karen ... ouncollor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Tish
Committee Member

Post by Tish »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Green surge according to Ashcroft.

I love the way that the truly significant part of that poll is buried in the final sentence.

"The other findings in the Ashcroft poll were Conservatives down five points on 29%, Labour unchanged on 28% and Ukip down one on 15%."

So in other words that totally ridiculous poll last week giving the Tories a six point lead was in fact, the total bullshit everybody said it was. Which on top of the totally discredited "Ed Miliband could lose seat to UKIP" nonsense from before Christmas must lead most of us to conclude that Ashcroft's polls aren't worth the paper they're scrawled on.
Last edited by Tish on Mon 19 Jan, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

You know the idiot on the Graun who ends all his posts with some really bad latin? This is a tale from another site of ex-Graun readers:
There is a guy who calls himself “WeeGingerDug” who wrote impassioned blogs in favour of Scottish independence leading up to the referendum.

There is a great exchange where someone wrote “Labour delendus est” at teh end of a post and WGD replied ;

"…..bour delendus est is just badly spelled Latin. And Labor delendus est doesn’t mean what you think it does. Labor delendus est means “work must be abolished”. Which is a nice idea but probably not what you meant.

I presume you’re talking about the Labour Party. The Latin word for political party is factio, which is a feminine noun and the head of the noun phrase Factio Laboris – which is Latin for the Labour Party – so delendus must be in the feminine form to agree with factio. The correct Latin is Factio Laboris delenda est.

Now go and write it out 100 times. Preferably somewhere other than the comments section of the Guardian, because it’s getting really tiresome."
http://www.artofdomination.co.uk/aod/20 ... ment-42431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:

Edited to add: despite the URL :shock: , that link is perfectly SFW. It's a rugby blog.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Yeah, I can't stand that bloke either.

Brilliant take down.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Yeah, I can't stand that bloke either.

Brilliant take down.
It's tempting to save a copy somewhere, so i can reply with it each time I see him.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

Hope lots of people are watching 'Low pay Britain' on C4. It should be compulsory viewing.

Also, I predicted months ago the Durham Free School would die - vested interest disclosure - I worked there in its previous incarnation.

And the riposte to to bellendus was outstanding.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

‘NHS we have at the moment not fit for the future’ warns top doctor

http://gu.com/p/452t4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Technology is the solution apparently. Comments disabled...
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
letsskiptotheleft wrote:I slightly peeved when Chris Bryant was moved talking about the Arts & Crafts, music and pretending to be someone else, but fair play to the old stirrer, he's wound up Blunt, all going wonderfully darlink!

Cheltenham College, now we're talking! He left there in 1980. Before the Thatcher tax cuts, in other words.

It wouldn't have been all that fancy.

A few bits of buildings were done by my time- left in 1990.
Is Cheltenham College a private (public) school? I assume that you're ex public school then? Don't meet many of them around this neck of the woods, but there's many a good 'un that went, then went 'whoa!' and became a miserable commie like so many of the misbegotten and Stalinst membership of FTN. Dreadful people.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

File on 4 Tomorrow evening at 8pm,regarding sanctions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04yk7h6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

HindleA wrote:File on 4 Tomorrow evening at 8pm,regarding sanctions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04yk7h6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've got Planning Committee tomorrow evening, but I think BBC I-Player will be receiving a visit.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

There is also repeat on Sunday at 5pm.