Friday, 23rd January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Friday, 23rd January 2015

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I note that not only Hugo's remarks have been zapped but my query to the moderators as to whether there's something that they know about him i.e. any party links, was also removed.

I'd take that as a "yes, they know who he is which is why they keep removing his posts". Anyone else would have given up by now - it's the persistence that makes me think he must be a paid-for troll. Even Burgau couldn't be arsed after his 6th banning.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Steve Reed MP ‏@SteveReedMP 20 mins20 minutes ago
Brighton Greens getting an absolute pasting from residents angry at their failing council on #BBCRadio2
I wonder how one sided the programme is? If it is a fair representation, Caroline Lucas might have a fight on her hands.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
mikems wrote:Polly Toynbee seems to be saying that Miliband is in favour of PR. Am I wrong in thinking that he said at the time of the AV vote that AV was as far as he wanted to go in terms of electoral reform?

I would be very happy if he has changed his mind.
That was my understanding. In fact I was under the impression that few in the upper echelons of Labour were remotely interested in PR, and Miliband suggested after the referendum that as far as he was concerned that was it for voting reform for the forseeable.

I would be delighted if he was advocating PR now. It would be a brave move though as Labour has most of any party to lose.
Within the last few weeks he spoke to students in Sheffield Hallam, and when asked about AV said it was done and dusted.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Toby Latimer wrote:Broadcasters release a statement which seems to say they will 'empty chair' Ronseal Fishpointer
Thanks Toby - you just beat me to it. And I note that letter says very clearly they've invited the 'party leaders'. I wonder if there is going to be a debate over the definition of party leader ... that Green councillor was saying to Iain Dale that there are 2 kinds of party leader - one who is the leader of their MPs in the Commons, and one for the party as a whole - and that whilst for the big 3 parties it is the same person, for other parties, UKIP and Greens, it's not.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
Steve Reed MP ‏@SteveReedMP 20 mins20 minutes ago
Brighton Greens getting an absolute pasting from residents angry at their failing council on #BBCRadio2
I wonder how one sided the programme is? If it is a fair representation, Caroline Lucas might have a fight on her hands.
I listened to the very end of it ... they were reading out emails responding to what they had heard. I heard one that was from someone clearly very unimpressed with the services and their management ... and then one from someone saying she liked them because they had put in cycle lanes and she cycles.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

RobertSnozers wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Yes, you can see why Tim Aker was having trouble with their manifesto...on any given day there'd be umpteen different contradictory opinions on every subject.
It astounds me how they are capable of writing a manifesto at all. I would say that the only thing that unites Kippers is their hatred of foreigners comin' over 'ere, but even Carswell seems to have different views on that.

No wonder they keep splintering.
Kippers are another lot that amaze me.

They're supporting a party because of a viewpoint they strongly feel needs representation in Parliament, and yet the party - I use the term loosely - they've chosen is a disorganised rabble.
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Toby Latimer wrote:Broadcasters release a statement which seems to say they will 'empty chair' Ronseal Fishpointer
Thanks Toby - you just beat me to it. And I note that letter says very clearly they've invited the 'party leaders'. I wonder if there is going to be a debate over the definition of party leader ... that Green councillor was saying to Iain Dale that there are 2 kinds of party leader - one who is the leader of their MPs in the Commons, and one for the party as a whole - and that whilst for the big 3 parties it is the same person, for other parties, UKIP and Greens, it's not.
I wonder if Galloway has demanded a place on the podium ? :rofl:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

daydreamer wrote:
daydreamer wrote:Lord, can they do nothing right. :roll:
The Government’s e-petition system has been called into question after a recycled and irrelevant response was issued to a popular demand on the official website.

Social media users were bemused after the wrong government department responded to a petition about music venues with a copy and pasted response about a completely different subject.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 97847.html
Huh! Why is my url showing? :?
It'd maybe automatically inserted a return before the address ;-) Fixed!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sounds good to me. I wonder if he'll dare...He'll probably be chairing a COBRA meeting and not be able to make it.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

Some lovely thoughtful posts today Here on the best online site!

It's a good day, I'm starting the treatment I need today after a years wait. And on the 3rd there's a lobby in parliament to help people like me access a very cheap effective treatment at the frequent rate we need. So I'm happy for all the others too. But won't be there with then because I'll be on a plane. Giselle, I'm going home!

I'm going to miss a lot of the pre election tirades and outpourings, but not the endgame, but will be watching and hoping that the Greens and Labour will start to find common ground, because goodness won't we need some solidarity to rebuild things if the election goes the way we want it to. Everything's rather fraught right now and it's hard to see what new twists might arise. Compared to other places this really is a haven, and I hope people see that we are going to have to work in cooperative ways to get anywhere at all, whatever happens in May. I've been doing a lot of thinking about it. And about the next few months. I think there may be an unholy rush to roll out UC everywhere, and I want it to backfire really spectacularly! And would be more than happy for it to be a bonfire of IDS' vanity.

But afterwards, what do we want Britain to be? Not the fake past of Farage and co., that's for sure.

I've tried asking this elsewhere, because if we get to put things together again they should be better, not just the sameoldsameold. Though people start off okay they never get past May, I don't think they dare, and then they get back to infighting. I think more will be needed. I'd like to think that we'll be doing a bit better.

Anyway I might not be posting book length diatribes, but I'll be reading and following what's happening here because nowhere else gives me a good picture of what's going on. I think that's because we're a mixed bag. I was very glad when Toby arrived back here, and hope a few others will too. so hoping Herons Flight, Temulkar, Tiz, and Grim will all be back too as the fire out there gets hotter.

Peace, love and plenty of good heated debates. xx
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

The dates of the debates, how do they compare with the dates for postal voting forms, anyone any idea?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
I think they're just messing around with the job description.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

seeingclearly wrote: It's a good day, I'm starting the treatment I need today after a years wait. And on the 3rd there's a lobby in parliament to help people like me access a very cheap effective treatment at the frequent rate we need. So I'm happy for all the others too. But won't be there with then because I'll be on a plane. Giselle, I'm going home!

Your joy in the words 'I'm going home' jumped out of my screen. Safe journey :)
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Afternoon all.

Have only been on FTN since logging on with lunch so forgive me if there has been further clarification about it.

But an earlier post had a quote saying the TV debate between Ed & Cameron would be chaired by Kay Burley & Jeremy Paxman.

Both are right wingers, have a sinking feeling about how they will handle it.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@StephenDolan Most postal ballots will be posted out in the week begining 13th April.The 9th is the official closing day.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

So,one will definately before,another maybe.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

StephenDolan wrote:The dates of the debates, how do they compare with the dates for postal voting forms, anyone any idea?
I've Googled and can't find a date, but someone Tweeted it was the beginning of April. Around about the third I think. Hope I'm wrong.
I do know the cut off date for postal votes to be accepted is usually 11 days before Polling day. That's a small window if you want to catch all the debates.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

frightful_oik wrote:Morning all. Sparked out last night when I got home. It was so cold waiting at St Pancras. @RR2 from last night. I'd love my next spot to be The Beast of Bolsover. It's odd, I've never seen anyone I recognised at St P. before, then two in a week.

I bought Owen Jones' book on 'The Establishment' at the station. A good read so far. Has anyone else read it?

Talking of books I read 'Hope in a ballet shoe' by Michaela dePrince last week. Even brought a tear to my world-weary eyes. 'The book tells the story of Michaela DePrince. Growing up in war-torn Sierra Leone, she witnesses atrocities that no child ever should. Her father is killed by rebels and her mother dies of famine.' Most hope-inspiring book I've read in ages.

I'm sorry if anyone feels the need to leave the site. I think of myself as an Old Labour/Green hybrid. There's a lot Labour could learn from the Greens and vice-versa. No two people will ever think exactly the same way, even within political parties. We should all remember who the real enemy is.

Nice to see a little bounceback in the polls.

Bit of a miscellany there. :oops:
Your thoughts mirror my own - the Old Labour/Green hybrid, both parties learning from each other - I can see that happening. I think others saw it happening & realised their portfolios would potentially be negatively impacted so they rang up the Media & told them to cultivate fear, anger, divisiveness among as many people as possible.
'We should all remember who the real enemy is'
Yes. I want to clarify what I mean by writing that. The enemy I refer to are those in leadership positions on the Tory-led coalition government front bench who've fraudulently obtained power by making promises without intending to keep those promises & have tortured the NHS with the Health & Social Care Act of 2012, government MPs lie on the floor of the House & do nothing to stop the pain & death their policies are causing. Tory landlords voting on laws about housing benefits in such a way as to directly enrich themselves & cause the tenants suffering for no other reason than spite, ideological reasons & greed. Gove's education 'reforms' - I hope the NAO's recent report on that former Education minister's Academies fiscal irregularities throughout leads to those who've used their time in public office creating these messes are investigated for fraud, misconduct in public office. ID Smith. Universal Credit. Help to Buy. Grayling. Jeremy Hunt. May. Pickles.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

StephenDolan wrote:The dates of the debates, how do they compare with the dates for postal voting forms, anyone any idea?
2nd, 16th, 30th April 2015 according to the Financial Times today.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@ohsocynical

Councils will have different dates.Official closing is the 9th ,in theory they can send them then.Most councils will sent them the following week.
55DegreesNorth
Minister of State

Post by 55DegreesNorth »

Afternoon folks,

One for Ernst here:
http://www.thejournal.co.uk/thatchers-g ... =Untitled2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sir Jeremy Beecham putting the boot into Pickles and arguing that Thatcher had more respect for local government than the coalition (I know some people have reservations about Beecham, but I occasionally run into him at St James' Park, and he's a pleasant chap).
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Though of course not all are like me who votes and posts back the same day.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

1967jim1888 retweeted
Derek Simmons ‏@Trollersimmons 14 hrs14 hours ago
@paulnuttallukip You're a thick disgusting, xenophobic piece of vermin In many ways we should be thankful as it shows UKIP for what they are

Someone else doesn't like Kippers... :rock: :rock: :rock:
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Hi all, phew, you lot have been busy! A lot of thoughtful posts today, most of which I thoroughly agree with. PfY has laid out some pretty clear and wise rules for fTN above, and I heartily concur with them.

I emailed Grimmers last night and I can assure everyone he's not left in a huff, but is simply being cautious - as we all should be. I hope he - and indeed, any other FTNers who've left will come back.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

55DegreesNorth wrote:Afternoon folks,

One for Ernst here:
http://www.thejournal.co.uk/thatchers-g ... =Untitled2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sir Jeremy Beecham putting the boot into Pickles and arguing that Thatcher had more respect for local government than the coalition (I know some people have reservations about Beecham, but I occasionally run into him at St James' Park, and he's a pleasant chap).
Indeed - if anything he's underplayed the reality of the situation facingus in local government. But the coalition won't break us, because we're fighters and when we fight, we fight to win.
seeingclearly
Speaker of the House

Post by seeingclearly »

ohsocynical wrote:
seeingclearly wrote: It's a good day, I'm starting the treatment I need today after a years wait. And on the 3rd there's a lobby in parliament to help people like me access a very cheap effective treatment at the frequent rate we need. So I'm happy for all the others too. But won't be there with then because I'll be on a plane. Giselle, I'm going home!

Your joy in the words 'I'm going home' jumped out of my screen. Safe journey :)
Haven't been back since '77 Ohso, and there's been thirty years of civil war, a horrible tsunami, and the last week they regained a semblance of democracy. A huge democratically won regime change, that was thought impossible. An election won by an outlier who challenged things, it gives me hope for us here that we can all breathe out again and then take a gulp of freedom ourselves. And yes, I'm so full of joy to be going, I hadnt a clue how I'd manage, nothing was going to stop me, but then my doctor called with news that should help kickstart some mobility. Today it feels like my cup is running over. xxxx
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@ErnstRemarx I actually went to look up "facingus" in the dictionary.Time for my afternoon nap,methinks.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

HindleA wrote:@ErnstRemarx I actually went to look up "facingus" in the dictionary.Time for my afternoon nap,methinks.
I wasn't the only one then ! Sounds like page 32 of The Joy of Sex.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

First review of 2015 now up at the usual place :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Toby Latimer wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
I wonder if Galloway has demanded a place on the podium ? :rofl:
He sure did, though I thought that the ex-Express journalist who was held hostage & converted to Islam was leader
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin 15 mins15 minutes ago
1/4 of a £billion of NHS Mental Health Contracts were offered to Private Profiteers this week. Here is the latest …https://online.contractsfinder.business ... 07&fs=true
I went to the website - the information changed when I refreshed the page. Originally, the estimated value was £190,000,000 the revised version gives the estimate as £1,900,000

https://online.contractsfinder.business ... Id=1716328
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Prediction 2015 ‏@prediction2015 19 mins19 minutes ago

ICM/The Guardian -

LAB: 33%
CON: 30%, ,
LD: 11%,
UKIP: 11%,
GRN: 9%
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

yahyah wrote:
HindleA wrote:@ErnstRemarx I actually went to look up "facingus" in the dictionary.Time for my afternoon nap,methinks.
I wasn't the only one then ! Sounds like page 32 of The Joy of Sex.
:shock: :rock:
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

Seeing Clearly - good news at long last.

You'll be in my thoughts and meditations, and I hope all goes well.

Small thing - much as I'd love Universal Credit to implode in a dramatically disastrous fashion, I fear for the people who will suffer if that happens.
A resounding smack in the chops for the hideous IDS is something to be devoutly wished for - but a collapse of UC will leave many people with no support at all until something is put in its place or the old system restored for those currently under the UC cosh.

IDS has made such a mess of it all, so many people are suffering, that I would personally love to see all his schemes fall apart even more than they are already - but the human cost is very high, and that is a constant worry for me.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

This is on "Twitter", from the leader of the Scottish Conservatives -
Ruth Davidson MSP @RuthDavidsonMSP · 53 mins 53 minutes ago

Flying flags at half mast on gov buildings for the death of Saudi king is a steaming pile of nonsense. That is all.
I agree with her.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

ohsocynical wrote:Prediction 2015 ‏@prediction2015 19 mins19 minutes ago

ICM/The Guardian -

LAB: 33%
CON: 30%, ,
LD: 11%,
UKIP: 11%,
GRN: 9%
Interesting thing about that poll is that Lab+Green > Con+UKIP. I ignored the LibDoomeds; I tend to find that's the best thing to do with them.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

For Ernst

https://warrenmorgan.wordpress.com/2015 ... -meltdown/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:Seeing Clearly - good news at long last.

You'll be in my thoughts and meditations, and I hope all goes well.

Small thing - much as I'd love Universal Credit to implode in a dramatically disastrous fashion, I fear for the people who will suffer if that happens.
A resounding smack in the chops for the hideous IDS is something to be devoutly wished for - but a collapse of UC will leave many people with no support at all until something is put in its place or the old system restored for those currently under the UC cosh.

IDS has made such a mess of it all, so many people are suffering, that I would personally love to see all his schemes fall apart even more than they are already - but the human cost is very high, and that is a constant worry for me.
Genuine question. Do you think it's why Labour are being over cautious?
Last edited by ohsocynical on Fri 23 Jan, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

And this is for @RebeccaRiots

dji45 retweeted
Louis Barfe FUKP ‏@LFBarfe 7 hrs7 hours ago
Norman Lamont appeared on TV last night to pay tribute to his friend Leon Brittan and to reassure viewers he'd survived the badger cull.
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

I hope the debates are as good as this ;) (Warning - very rude swear word around 2.50mins)

[youtube]Q-KbhZ5aSZs[/youtube]
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:And this is for @RebeccaRiots

dji45 retweeted
Louis Barfe FUKP ‏@LFBarfe 7 hrs7 hours ago
Norman Lamont appeared on TV last night to pay tribute to his friend Leon Brittan and to reassure viewers he'd survived the badger cull.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's the one badger I might enjoy having a blast at ....
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PorFavor wrote:This is on "Twitter", from the leader of the Scottish Conservatives -
Ruth Davidson MSP @RuthDavidsonMSP · 53 mins 53 minutes ago

Flying flags at half mast on gov buildings for the death of Saudi king is a steaming pile of nonsense. That is all.
I agree with her.
Have just seen Tony Blair's tweet on the passing of this repellent despot - the only possible response is :sick:

Verdicts vary on his time in office, and that will remain the case - but there will be virtual unanimity that his behaviour since 2007 demeaned both himself and the PMship once held. Even his usual media apologists mostly maintain an embarrassed silence about it, revealingly.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:First review of 2015 now up at the usual place :)
Here we go:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Two local council by-elections to begin my review of 2015 - though it is worth mentioning there has already been a contest this year which went virtually unnoticed before it had actually taken place - 8 Jan saw a vacancy at Bolsover DC that was a Labour hold in a normally safe ward, though they were given a fright by UKIP on this occasion as they finished less than 5% behind; turnout was as derisory as one might expect for a contest at that time which is being filled again this May, though.

Anyway, on to this week:

Wealden DC - Tory hold of a normally safe two member ward in what is part of their W Sussex heartland (over 70% support in a straight fight with a single Labour candidate in last time, and similarly convincing wins in 2007 and '03 when the LibDems took 2nd ahead of Labour) though, in a straight fight with UKIP this time, their winning margin was cut to less than 3 to 2 which (as with the Bolsover result referred to above) may offer them some cheer in the GE run up.

Fife - SNP hold, though that masks an excellent result for them in a division that returned 2 Labour and 1 Nat in both 2012 and 2007 - a double figure swing to them since 3 years ago as they got quite close to winning on first preferences (and a smaller but still significant swing since 2007, Labour did very well on this council last time round) Whilst the SNP have some historical strength here - doing well in the predecessor wards to this area in FPTP days - this still backs up their recent poll "surge" more than some other recent Scottish by-election results. Tories third with little change on 2012, Greens then just edging out UKIP (both with about 4% in an area they had not contested before) followed by the LibDems who slumped to a new low of barely 1% - they had finished third here in 2007 and only narrowly missed getting a councillor elected. Last place was taken by two right wing Independents - one ex-UKIP - both getting derisory totals.

Two contests next week - one a rare Wednesday poll, the other a double vacancy.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Toby Latimer wrote:I hope the debates are as good as this ;) (Warning - very rude swear word around 2.50mins)

[youtube]Q-KbhZ5aSZs[/youtube]
Cameron: we have to know the difference between curtains and soft furnishings, a contemplation suite and a massage room
Priceless.

Mind you I've realised that this gobbledygook is how Esther McVey talks anyway. She doesn't need any garbling or mixing - she does it all by herself.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ben Riley-Smith ‏@benrileysmith 2h2 hours ago
BREAKING - Labour sign up to new TV debates. "We will debate anyone the broadcasters choose to invite." Over to you, Tories.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Clegg's local Lib Dems using Ashcroft's polling to bar chart Labour as contenders in Sheffield Hallam.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ukip top donor calls for greater use of private companies in the NHS
http://blogs.ft.com/westminster/2015/01 ... -the-nhs/?
The insurance tycoon bank-rolling the Ukip election campaign has called for the state to be slashed and for a major overhaul of the “Luddite” NHS to increase the involvement of the private sector in health provision.

The comments from Arron Banks, founder of Go Skippy and Southern Rock – who has pledged £1m to Ukip – come at a sensitive time for the party over its health policy.

Nigel Farage, the party leader, had in 2012 proposed an “insurance-based system of healthcare” only to abandon the idea amid hostility from many in his own party. This week he admitted he had lost the argument but insisted it was “a debate that we’re all going to have to return to.”...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Alex Andreou ‏@sturdyAlex 9h9 hours ago
Giant difference between losing £2k of your £80kpa and losing £1k of your £8kpa. The former means less eating out; the latter, less eating.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

‘Failing Grayling’ could cost the Tories hundreds of thousands of votes
http://leftfootforward.org/2015/01/fail ... -of-votes/
A must read. It's not just Jerry Hayes and Lord Pannick who are laying into Grayling - this is a wince a sentence article.
... 82 per cent of people in the legal sector say they would be more likely to vote Conservative in the general election if Justice secretary Chris Grayling was replaced.

The poll was conducted by new social networking site http://www.mootis.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which focuses on the legal services sector. Many of the 350,000 people working in this sector are traditional Tory voters, a fact which is sure to send warning signals to David Cameron...
Grayling is the first Lord Chancellor in 440 years who is not a trained lawyer. Mootis Chairman Bill Braithwaite QC said that it was clear that the vast majority of legal sector workers ‘are fed up of Grayling and are prepared to turn their back on the Conservatives if he remains as Justice secretary’.

Hilary Meredith, CEO of Hilary Meredith Solicitors Ltd in London and Wilmslow said:

“It is time for failing Grayling to go. He is the most inept Justice secretary in living memory. The vast majority of lawyers would accept that cuts needed to be made to the legal aid bill but the ham-fisted way in which he has gone about his business has made a mockery of our legal system.”

“Our courts have received such drastic funding cuts you can no longer attend in person anywhere in the country to actually speak to anyone. They are also saying they don’t have enough people to answer the phones – this is what access to justice looks like in 2015...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ben Riley-Smith ‏@benrileysmith 2h2 hours ago
Timing of TV debates could be massive sticking point - final one just a week before polling day. PM has criticised their prominence in 2010.