Wednesday 28th January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 28th January 2015

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Emma Burnell @EmmaBurnell_ · 23h 23 hours ago
To be honest, the posture, sweaty hair and the ugly fleece are more unfortunate than the misplaced finger.
Emma Burnell on that Osborne photo ... :lol:
I thought so too, but didn't like to say
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I'm wondering whether these private health care companies are backing down because they think Labour have a good chance of winning and if that happens they'll be made more accountable. Which in the long term will mean them losing money.
It also, potentially, means companies may look to find ways of getting out of existing contracts as they see money-making opportunities diminish (as happened with Circle at Hinchingbrooke. One of the criticisms raised by the hard of thinking, who are basing their opinions based on Shouty Wark's performance rather than reading Burnham's speech, is that so much of the NHS is currently in private hands and Andy is doing nothing to address that; well, aside from the expensive option of paying off contract holders (a non runner), the sensible thing to do is to wait until contracts come to an end and then bring them in-house (as with the NHS 111 example RR2 flagged up last night) - if companies bail of their own accord, default on the contract conditions or fail to meet standards then that process comes into play. I could see that accelerating over time, until we have a proper state-run National Health Service again.
Exactly.
Private sector organisations, working as long-term partners, will have to accept NHS standards. So we will extend the Freedom of Information provisions to any provider of NHS services and consult on a new training levy so that all providers contribute to the costs of training clinical staff.

- Andy Burnham 27 Jan 2015
http://andyburnhammp.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... r.html?m=0
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I'm wondering whether these private health care companies are backing down because they think Labour have a good chance of winning and if that happens they'll be made more accountable. Which in the long term will mean them losing money.
It also, potentially, means companies may look to find ways of getting out of existing contracts as they see money-making opportunities diminish (as happened with Circle at Hinchingbrooke. One of the criticisms raised by the hard of thinking, who are basing their opinions based on Shouty Wark's performance rather than reading Burnham's speech, is that so much of the NHS is currently in private hands and Andy is doing nothing to address that; well, aside from the expensive option of paying off contract holders (a non runner), the sensible thing to do is to wait until contracts come to an end and then bring them in-house (as with the NHS 111 example RR2 flagged up last night) - if companies bail of their own accord, default on the contract conditions or fail to meet standards then that process comes into play. I could see that accelerating over time, until we have a proper state-run National Health Service again.
The NHS 111 morphing into a proper emergency response and assessment service by the Ambulance service - linking to community based Health & Social Care teams - is a really really radical and good idea. It goes way beyond just ending contracts ... he's been doing some serious thinking.

Really pissed that media aren't discussing these ideas. Letting down the public big time with their lack of decent, intelligent journalism.
Working on the wild side.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

ohsocynical wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tories prob more votes, so they get LD again.
No Green MPs on that?
Evidently not...That was what I noticed.
There's also probably 3 x Plaid MPs & most likely 5 x NI MPs (excluding 5 x Sinn Fein). These will probably 3 x SDLP (who'll almost certainly vote with Labour), 1 x Alliance & 1 x Independent.
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
WelshIan
Committee Member

Post by WelshIan »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Follow your convictions – this could be the end of the politics of fear
Syriza, Podemos, the SNP: the neoliberal consensus is collapsing. Forget tactical considerations in May and vote Green for a genuine alternative

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -snp-green
Very predictable. Been waiting for him to say this, and the G to print it.

Don't respect him much anymore I'm afraid. Nothing to do with this. But that preconception colours my opinion of this.
So predictable that he includes the SNP, a basically populist party with a strong neoliberal wing, in his encomium.

I can remember him whining about people who wanted to vote Labour in *1997*, mind.

Always been one of those faux-"radical" posh boys with an instinctive horror of the lower orders.
I don't think you could argue with the headline, we all want to vote for something or someone. Unfortunately we have FPTP and in some places you have to vote to make sure the party you really, really don't want doesn't get elected. We also get parties focussing on the small number of people in the key marginals who will decide who gets power.
That's the problem in the UK, not Labour.

I also think that Labour under Ed Miliband are giving us something to vote for, that we are voting for hope and not just in fear.

I am currently reading The Shock Doctrine, and it gives examples where the people emphatically do not vote for neoliberalism who have it imposed on them anyway because it is the conditions of the IMF, etc on their loans. It remains to be seen whether the result of the Greek election will mean that the neoliberal consensus is starting to be overturned.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

ohsocynical wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Ahem ...

Jeffrey Archer.
Now, there is no need to be offensive. :sick:
An exceptionally low blow.
I had the misfortune to meet with the man a number of times, when I worked in the book trade. A more loathsome creature I have yet to meet. :(
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Adam Boulton retweeted
Election Forecast UK ‏@Election4castUK 12 mins12 minutes ago
Latest forecast update:
Con 283,
Lab 283,
SNP 33,
LD 27,
DUP 8,
UKIP 3.

More details at http://electionforecast.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tories prob more votes, so they get LD again.
Not on those numbers, DUP would be toxic allies and LD have already said they won't work with kippers. Besides they won't get 27 seats, nowhere near.
Release the Guardvarks.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

NonOxCol wrote:And because I love you all and would hate for you to miss it:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rumours that the OED are redefining "chutzpah", "gall" and "hypocrite" as yet unconfirmed.
Was that their entire membership shown in the video?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
The NHS 111 morphing into a proper emergency response and assessment service by the Ambulance service - linking to community based Health & Social Care teams - is a really really radical and good idea. It goes way beyond just ending contracts ... he's been doing some serious thinking.

Really pissed that media aren't discussing these ideas. Letting down the public big time with their lack of decent, intelligent journalism.
Look at what Labour are going to do - a lot of influential, wealthy interests don't want it to happen. The current Labour party are providing us now with intelligent policies intending to govern the nation as a whole for the long term. It's really nothing short of wonderful. Labour MPs & candidates, public servants, working in the interests of regular people. For many in the Labour party now, there is a sense of doing this work as a calling, a steadfast commitment to the best interests of the people & country.

Apologies for being effusive.

I'm offended by current government behaviour, outright lies, appealing to the most base feelings, cultivating fear, breaking rules & apparently, liars, thieves & cheats can saunter on through without correction. There's no way most people in this country want this kind of government.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mark Ferguson retweeted
LabourList @LabourList · 5h 5 hours ago
Nick Clegg can't remember name of Lib Dem candidate in seat they've held since 1983 http://labli.st/1y5nl1C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Newsnight might actually be worth watching tonight ... or tomorrow ... which is it?
James O'Brien @mrjamesob · 8h 8 hours ago
I'm presenting Newsnight again tomorrow. Unleash the trolls!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Some people are really ....
Why Did the Tories Bother Photoshopping Gerry Adams?
http://order-order.com/2015/01/28/why-d ... rry-adams/
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mark Devenport ‏@markdevenport 5 hrs5 hours ago
Sinn Fein is describing Sun story on talks with Labour as "lazy, fantasy journalism" and repeating it won't take any seats in the Commons
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:Mark Devenport ‏@markdevenport 5 hrs5 hours ago
Sinn Fein is describing Sun story on talks with Labour as "lazy, fantasy journalism" and repeating it won't take any seats in the Commons
You mean a load of people who were in mortal fight with British soldiers for years didn't think "Hmm, that Miliband bloke who doesn't even support a united Ireland- let's go in with him"?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Ministers Jeremy Hunt and Philip Hammond are in the firing line as the Ministry of Defence admits Odyssey Marine Exploration is already preparing to cash in on HMS Victory and the remains of over 1000 British sailors without the permission of the Government.

http://www.heritagedaily.com/2012/08/od ... tory/49961
It just gets worse and worse.
Still, I'm not surprised they don't care about the dead. The living don't have much importance either.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

I wonder if we will ever know how completely the Tories have trashed this country.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:I wonder if we will ever know how completely the Tories have trashed this country.
We will begin to get an idea when the court cases start. IDS first please .......
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ohsocynical wrote:
Ministers Jeremy Hunt and Philip Hammond are in the firing line as the Ministry of Defence admits Odyssey Marine Exploration is already preparing to cash in on HMS Victory and the remains of over 1000 British sailors without the permission of the Government.

Still, I'm not surprised they don't care about the dead. The living don't have much importance either.
I found myself telling Mr Ohso they ought to send in the navy...Then thought, oh hang on!
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

ohsocynical wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

I found myself telling Mr Ohso they ought to send in the navy...Then thought, oh hang on!
Both of the rowing boats are out on exercise I think.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... are_btn_tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Women with disabilities excluded from domestic abuse law, say campaigners

Male carers who can prove they are acting in their partners’ interests would escape punishment under ‘coercive control’ legislation"

"The new legislation, part of the Serious Crime Bill, will make it illegal for someone to exercise psychological, emotional or financial control over their partner. The law has been welcomed by women’s groups, who have long called for coercive control, which they say is often a prelude to violence, to be a crime.

However, a fresh amendment introduced by the government earlier this month will allow a defence for carers who say they believe they are acting in their partners’ “best interests”. A court would then decide if such behaviour was reasonable."
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

I don't know what, if anything, this says about Britain in 2015. But there's a dreadful woman on the telly repeatedly using "left-wing" as an insult and she's the bookies' favourite to win Celebrity B** B******.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
yahyah wrote:Some quotes about the new Guardian site:

...It's great to see user consumption driving content across multi platforms

...A key difference between our new beta site and the current Guardian site is the way we approach content curation and presentation.

...Guardian beta · Introducing responsive takeover

..."Elegance back into marketing": Guardian beta

...Without further ado, let’s have a look at our new responsive takeover, developed directly with our clients to meet the needs of increasingly mobile-based news consumption.

What a load of b****cks.
Almost as self-delusional as their favoured party.
It has cut my time on the site by about 90%.
I suspect it'll be cutting mine by about 100%.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

NonOxCol wrote:I don't know what, if anything, this says about Britain in 2015. But there's a dreadful woman on the telly repeatedly using "left-wing" as an insult and she's the bookies' favourite to win Celebrity B** B******.
It tells me nobody watches Celebrity Big Bollocks.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

NonOxCol wrote:I don't know what, if anything, this says about Britain in 2015. But there's a dreadful woman on the telly repeatedly using "left-wing" as an insult and she's the bookies' favourite to win Celebrity B** B******.
Personally I consider it a badge of honour. Just shows how limited the Right really are. :lol:
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Katie Hopkins? From what I've read, she's come across as one of the more 'balanced' contestants this year. (Considering two of the other were a former star of Baywatch, who was a recovering addict and grabbed one of the women, and Ken Morley, who called Alexander O'Neil the 'n' word)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Peter Smith ‏@Redpeter99 6h6 hours ago
If I understand the new Tory poster in May there could be a coalition led by a backbench SNP MP and an MP in the Irish parliament.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

refitman wrote:
Katie Hopkins? From what I've read, she's come across as one of the more 'balanced' contestants this year. (Considering two of the other were a former star of Baywatch, who was a recovering addict and grabbed one of the women, and Ken Morley, who called Alexander O'Neil the 'n' word)
She is hideous. Keeps saying how much she loves and respects the "British public" - anyone who's ever seen her on This Week, read her columns or has even the vaguest familiarity with her work knows what a pile of crap that is.

Meanwhile, my recent spurt of posting comes full circle as [major cricket website] cricinfo incredibly chooses the Guardian's 'full beta' day to inflict its own monstrosity on regular users.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Kate Gilson ‏@kategilson · 15h15 hours ago
“If we get these issues wrong, as Tories are doing, future generations pay price”

£20k to Labour @DavidEDrew campaign from Ecotricity boss!
That'll put the local Greens noses out of joint.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Political Scrapbook @PSbook · 6h 6 hours ago
NEW → Tory MP caught charging own constituents for access to public officials http://politicalscrapbook.net/2015/01/k ... officials/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
What. An. Arsehole.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 2h 2 hours ago
@LordAshcroft hinted on SkyNews that his single seat polls showed SNP surge not as big as other polling's suggested
Smithson is also being a tease now!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Political Scrapbook @PSbook · 6h 6 hours ago
NEW → Tory MP caught charging own constituents for access to public officials http://politicalscrapbook.net/2015/01/k ... officials/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
What. An. Arsehole.
Grade. A. At. That. (and only that).
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

NonOxCol wrote:
refitman wrote:
She is hideous. Keeps saying how much she loves and respects the "British public" - anyone who's ever seen her on This Week, read her columns or has even the vaguest familiarity with her work knows what a pile of crap that is.

Meanwhile, my recent spurt of posting comes full circle as [major cricket website] cricinfo incredibly chooses the Guardian's 'full beta' day to inflict its own monstrosity on regular users.
Just went to cricinfo. Boak! Are they in competition with the Graun as to who can have the most white space on screen at one time?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

citizenJA wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Exactly.
Private sector organisations, working as long-term partners, will have to accept NHS standards. So we will extend the Freedom of Information provisions to any provider of NHS services and consult on a new training levy so that all providers contribute to the costs of training clinical staff.

- Andy Burnham 27 Jan 2015
http://andyburnhammp.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... r.html?m=0
Oooh, they're not going to like that one bit. FOI and spending on training staff rather than poaching trained staff from the NHS? Get out the garlic and crosses ASAP.

Of course they'll back off. Those are overheads and commitments that might cost them, and then their shareholders mightbecome angry and stamp their feet. Burnham seems to have done his homework, even if the Graun editorial was incredibly mealymouthed and picky - I notice they don't raise questions about detail when the Tories announce an uncosted tax cut, or when the Fibs announce a package that'll cut more than Labour and borrow more too.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Newsnight might actually be worth watching tonight ... or tomorrow ... which is it?
If that's the guy off LBC, then I'll watch, as he's one of those people who excel at screwing over the stupid, gullible and pompous. The stuff I've heard on Audioboo with him dismantling kippers is a real pleasure.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Kate Gilson ‏@kategilson · 15h15 hours ago
“If we get these issues wrong, as Tories are doing, future generations pay price”

£20k to Labour @DavidEDrew campaign from Ecotricity boss!
That'll put the local Greens noses out of joint.
Good - I welcome some support for David Drew - he's worked really hard against the badger cull. And despite losing the Stroud Westminster seat ... he's kept on working hard on issues that matter in that area. Definitely put his time and commitment in.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Newsnight might actually be worth watching tonight ... or tomorrow ... which is it?
If that's the guy off LBC, then I'll watch, as he's one of those people who excel at screwing over the stupid, gullible and pompous. The stuff I've heard on Audioboo with him dismantling kippers is a real pleasure.
It is the guy off LBC.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Some people are really ....
Why Did the Tories Bother Photoshopping Gerry Adams?
http://order-order.com/2015/01/28/why-d ... rry-adams/
Guido is a card carrying Tory, despite his denials, and his "readers" (I use that term advisedly) are simply BNP/UKIP retreads who've learned how to type. Desperate, desperate stuff from the man who is now the Daily Star's goto political informant, which I think tells you quite enough about both bodies.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Sun/YouGov

CON 33%, LAB 33%, LD 6%, UKIP 15%, GRN 7%
I still believe in a town called Hope
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

'when Kandiah took over as the senior investigating officer on Elveden in September 2011 he learned that the MSC had already started “The Sun Review”.

“The MSC themselves initiated an internal review of the other papers: the Times, the Sunday Times and the Sun,” said Kandiah. “This wasn’t a matter for the police, this was something they undertook themselves.”

He was asked by Larcombe’s junior barrister, Jamas Hodivala, how the police ascertained the relevance of evidence if they did not have access to internal emails. He said that the MSC decided what was relevant.'

Document showing Rebekah Brooks approved payment for story was not disclosed to police, jury hears

http://gu.com/p/45a35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mad:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

RobertSnozers wrote:The way the media has treated the Labour 10 year health plan is disgraceful, or possibly just depressing. I don't recall plans from the other parties (apart, possibly, from Ukip) that get shot down before the words are out of the spokesperson's mouth. Of course Milburn threw his oar in, and at precisely the right time, but the desire to ignore the substance and attack everything else has been astonishing. And this is the BBC I'm talking about!

This morning I heard the review of the papers. All of them attacking Labour on the NHS, apart from the Mirror, which was prefaced with 'The Labour-supporting Mirror' as if none of the others have any political affiliation!

I'm beginning to believe the onslaught will work and Labour will lose, bloody David Miliband will come back, that will be it for leftwing politics in Britain, and I'm buggering off to Scandinavia.
I share your disgust ... I cannot believe the media's wholesale ignoring of the real content of this plan ... it's really important stuff. And the public aren't going to get to hear about it ... let alone have it properly discussed ... because the journalists simply aren't up to it. That is the only conclusion I can come to.

Like you I find it very depressing. I've spent this morning writing a briefing note for our PPC on some of the community health service issues in this area ... a real blast from my past work for me. I'm using experience gained in one of the pioneering boroughs re integration of health and social care - but it doesn't come close to the ideas that Burnham has set out for us to consider. Wasted opportunities ... wasted ideas. Shameful.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

RobertSnozers wrote:The way the media has treated the Labour 10 year health plan is disgraceful, or possibly just depressing. I don't recall plans from the other parties (apart, possibly, from Ukip) that get shot down before the words are out of the spokesperson's mouth. Of course Milburn threw his oar in, and at precisely the right time, but the desire to ignore the substance and attack everything else has been astonishing. And this is the BBC I'm talking about!

This morning I heard the review of the papers. All of them attacking Labour on the NHS, apart from the Mirror, which was prefaced with 'The Labour-supporting Mirror' as if none of the others have any political affiliation!

I'm beginning to believe the onslaught will work and Labour will lose, bloody David Miliband will come back, that will be it for leftwing politics in Britain, and I'm buggering off to Scandinavia.
DM isn't coming back, the Blairites are finished. Milburn has absolutely screwed them over as well.

It is a long way to May and frankly that Tory manifesto is really really shit. People won't vote for it when they understand the implications (and they will).

The Greens seem unable to withstand serious scrutiny, despite the best efforts of Zoe Williams and George Tory Stooge Monbiot. Which probably means the Green surge is unlikely to last.

The Scottish referendum should tell us that things can change quickly in election campaigns.
Release the Guardvarks.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

Three "Guardian Picks" on the feedback thread:

http://www.theguardian.com/help/insideg ... an-website" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two staffers and a crawler. 7 recommends between them.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

NonOxCol wrote:
refitman wrote:

My sympathies. My brother - a Tory now living in West Sussex - is a member of Sussex CCC and is a big online poster. I imagine he'll be sharing your pain. If you run into him, piss him off by telling him that cricinfo have made a purely commercial decision.

Sigh.

And to think that in the 80s, he was an angry young leftie, although with leanings towards nihilism. Falling for a Brighton based FibDem head teacher quickly kiboshed that, and he learned to be a tweedy southerner. Till that point, he spent much of his time berating me (as if I needed telling) that the north was getting shafted by the Tories. Moves south, early 90s, everything's OK, because Chiselhurst and Storrington remain plump and prosperous. He also gave up swearing, BTW, something else where we disagree. I swear because if I didn't I'd scream.

How odd that I'm the family black sheep (lefty) whilst my immediate family are all right wing. And thank god for my dissolute, intellectual, lefty (I suspect) uncle who regularly emails The Times - on the subjects of Bazalgette's sewerage works and U-boat pens apparently - who swears like a trooper, drinks like a fish and has more humanity in his little finger than the rest of my family put together.

Such dissonance should weird me out, but I keep trying with them. Perhaps, one day, they might even listen.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at the BBCs total inability to properly present and explore Burnham's NHS 10 Year Plan.

This is the BBC that also almost totally ignored Lansley's eviscerating Health & Social Care Act ... over many months ... and a massive demonstration against it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ian Lucas retweeted
Michael Savage ‏@michaelsavage 14m14 minutes ago
In tomorrow's Times - Lord Kinnock warns Ed Miliband will receive worse treatment in this election campaign than he received in 1992.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

James Walsh ‏@JamesLWalsh 3 mins3 minutes ago
Another Conservative councillor defects to UKIP in Bracknell. But is the support there on the streets? It'll be an interesting election...

That's three councillors have 'crossed the line' now.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Bit more on the Dale Vince / Ecotricity boss donation to David Drew's campaign in Stroud.
Labour's Drew backed by Gloucestershire businessman Dale Vince with £20k campaign pledge
http://www.southwestbusiness.co.uk/news ... gn-pledge/
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Ian Lucas retweeted
Michael Savage ‏@michaelsavage 14m14 minutes ago
In tomorrow's Times - Lord Kinnock warns Ed Miliband will receive worse treatment in this election campaign than he received in 1992.

I fear he's right.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Agree about the BBC coverage.It is also totally irresponsible,given the importance of the issues involved to treat a serious contribution in such a manner.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

God - or whoever I can invoke - I wish we had some flagrantly good independent and alternative online / digital broadcasting on serious current affairs issues such as the NHS ....

Someone - please?