Friday 30th January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 30th January 2015

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Jeremy Hunt ‏@Jeremy_Hunt 10h10 hours ago
Labour reformers like Ara Darzi & Alan Milburn achieved great things for patients. Shame that Ed & Andy now want to turn back the clock.
Funny, don't recall them ever saying any "great things" had been achieved.
Wasn't it Milburn that introduced NHS Foundation Trusts seen as partially responsible for Mid Staffs given the hospitals striving for foundation trust status?

Odd that Milburn's role in this seems to have been forgotten completely and it's Burnham that gets a kicking for it despite the fact that he was nowhere the DoH at the time.
Absolutely, yes.

I noticed Johnson didn't get put in the frame very much either. Though to be fair don't know how much he contributed to it, but he was actually in charge at time.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Fri 30 Jan, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Labour reformers like Ara Darzi & Alan Milburn achieved great things for patients. Shame that Ed & Andy now want to turn back the clock.
Wasn't it Milburn that introduced NHS Foundation Trusts seen as partially responsible for Mid Staffs given the hospitals striving for foundation trust status?

Odd that Milburn's role in this seems to have been forgotten completely and it's Burnham that gets a kicking for it despite the fact that he was nowhere the DoH at the time.
Indeed and he announced an Inquiry into Mid Staffs within a month of taking office.

Hunt has about a week to do the same for Hinchingbrooke.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://disabilitynewsservice.com/2015/0 ... f-closure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Miliband causes chaos with answer on ILF closure"

More, some people attending tweeting,albeit genuinely held, misinformation IMHO.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
If you Google Alan Milburn, you'll find an older piece in the Telegraph saying he was in some sort of scam sending patients to a hospital for scans. Think he had connections to the health company doing the scans...It was something a bit shady, and the Labour party had to hush it up as best they could.

Snag is if you Tweet something like that the trolls would be all over it...I'm surprised no-one's done so already.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Harman still pushing this. Good.

Tory peer's anti-Labour tweets have 'cast a stain' on Ofcom, says Harriet Harman

http://gu.com/p/45c8d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://disabilitynewsservice.com/2015/0 ... ue-months/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IDS breaks pledge on PIP waiting-times, as tens of thousands still queue for months

"This suggests that, by 25 January, just under 50,000 claimants (49,545*) have been waiting longer than 16 weeks for an assessment.

And the figures also suggest – although again these numbers are not included explicitly in the DWP tables – that 57,552* claimants had been waiting longer than 16 weeks by the end of 2014, the deadline set last June by Iain Duncan Smith, the Conservative work and pensions secretary.

His promise was repeated by Mark Harper, the Conservative minister for disabled people, in November. Both pledges were reported in the official Hansard record of parliamentary proceedings.

Duncan Smith told MPs last June: “By the autumn, no one will be waiting longer than six months, and before the end of the year, no-one will be waiting for more than 16 weeks, which brings things back into line with where we were expecting them to be.”

This means that Duncan Smith missed meeting his pledge by nearly 60,000 disabled people, all of whom had been waiting longer than 16 weeks for vital support"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The introduction of PIP was of course,totally unnecessary.
NonOxCol
Chief Whip

Post by NonOxCol »

StephenDolan wrote:Harman still pushing this. Good.

Tory peer's anti-Labour tweets have 'cast a stain' on Ofcom, says Harriet Harman

http://gu.com/p/45c8d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good grief. All the things I'm depressed about already, and there are even more I wasn't aware of.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Kevin Alan Longmore retweeted
hilary fawcett ‏@bestboomer 1 minute ago Wallsend, England

#newsnight interestingly the very erudite Greek Finance Minister has spotted that the BBC is no longer as rigorous re the facts as it was
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Miserable little piece of soft-spoken toxic Tory
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

ohsocynical wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... newspapers

andrew-mitchell-plebgate-costs-libel-toby-rowland-news-group-newspapers

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Half a million. Another shit for brains.
Will paying this million or so in costs mean that he has so little money he's now a pleb?
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

JP Janson De Couet retweeted
Inspector Gadget ‏@InspGadgetBlogs 8 minutes ago

'If you allow me to speak instead of cutting me off so rudely, you will get your answer' Greek Finance Minister to Emily Maitlis #newsnight
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

:lol!:

I immediately like Greek Finance Minister.Maitless accused disability campaigners of demonising the Government,whilst allowing Grayling to lie through his teeth.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Wow, looks like the Guardian actually printed the Boris story on the front pages complete with 'wankers'.

By the by, we took our school council to City Hall to watch the London Assembly and it happened to be Mayor's questions...and a load of demonstrators held up the proceedings by calling out about housing...and then one of them behind us shouted out "Boris, you're a wanker!" to which a lady sitting next to our kids turned round and said "No, you're a wanker!" which I didn't think was helpful seeing as there was a party of primary school children sitting next to her.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote::lol!:

I immediately like Greek Finance Minister.Maitless accused disability campaigners of demonising the Government,whilst allowing Grayling to lie through his teeth.
I'm confused.

I think it's time for me to sleep now.

I love you, friends.
JA
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Weird exchange with some UKIPper. Blah blah PIE Ms Harriet Harperson blah.

I mentioned Tory protection of actual PIE abuser, Peter Hayman. Plus Leon Brittan. Plus Peter Morrison.

He disappeared.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@CJA-I was referring to some time ago,I missed a "once" (accused etc)

goodnight
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

ohsocynical wrote:Kevin Alan Longmore retweeted
hilary fawcett ‏@bestboomer 1 minute ago Wallsend, England

#newsnight interestingly the very erudite Greek Finance Minister has spotted that the BBC is no longer as rigorous re the facts as it was
It was the best thing I've seen on Newsnight for a long time.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

This is a classic.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... david-hare

Is there anybody in the Guardian we can tweet the following to.

WTF does David Hare know about Politics and why are you printing his ramblings as a news story?
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

Speaking of Boris Johnson ....

It pains me to say this, but well done to Mick Clegg for having the balls to turn up on The Last Leg; shame he hasn't used them over the past five years, but guess I shouldn't expect too much. He was asked some trivial questions, and some genuinely interesting questions, by Alex Brooker and the other guys; the first question was "Boris Johnson, statesman or twat", to which he replied "I'd have to say the latter".

As he and Alex Brooker took their seats for the main event Brooker said to him "Take a seat. Only one you'll get this year". Set the tone nicely. But ultimately Clegg was there to persuade Alex why he should use his vote, something he struggled with initially but clinched with the perfect one liner, "if you let someone else order for you at Nandos you can't complain when you don't get what you want."

Could be some awkward moments in the office next week. When asked to say which party leader should be next, without hesitation he nominated OGRFPG, but qualified it by saying he expected Cameron would insist on somebody being with him - UKIP, and the Greens, and ....... I still despise the man, but fair play to him.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Goodnight JA and evenin' all. Been reading for hours but forgot to say hello.

Thanks, @HindleA, for the link to the Disability News Service article. It's all a bloody mess and once again IDS has uttered nonsense. The backlog of people waiting longer than 16 weeks is still far too large. Just below that article is a link to another which, along with detailing the news that a fair few of the people who were taken on by Capita (to clear their part of backlogs) have now been declared redundant, contains this little gem:
The latest government statistics on PIP, published in December, showed only 352,100 new PIP claims were cleared by 31 October 2014, out of 592,900 applications since April 2013. And only 29,900 reassessments of DLA had been dealt with, out of 76,300 claims. This meant there was still a backlog of about 287,000 claims.
http://disabilitynewsservice.com/2015/0 ... p-backlog/

That article is only from last Friday, so is it possible that the drive to reduce 16+ week waiting times for new PIP claimants might be having a knock on effect of increasing waiting times for DLA re-assessments.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:This is a classic.

WTF does David Hare know about Politics and why are you printing his ramblings as a news story?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (18.07 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Tee hee.
A gay couple have bought the web domain for JebBushForPresident.com and refuse to give it up, in a bid to raise awareness of issues facing lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 14048.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

David Hare has always been a very 'political' writer/director, overtly so since the mid 80s. But he cam also be a pretentious sod, so fits perfectly with the current Guardian's obsession with style over substance, which is undoubtedly why they commissioned his ramblings. Personally I don't think he has done anything of worth since Via Dolorosa, and that was last century - so, again fitting in with the Guardian's current obsession with hasbeens and never weres.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

David Hare has always been a very 'political' writer/director, overtly so since the mid 80s. But he cam also be a pretentious sod, so fits perfectly with the current Guardian's obsession with style over substance, which is undoubtedly why they commissioned his ramblings. Personally I don't think he has done anything of worth since Via Dolorosa, and that was last century - so, again fitting in with the Guardian's current obsession with hasbeens and never weres.
Quite, but being able to write a play about something doesn't mean you actually know anything about it. Are the guardian so desperate to slag off Ed Miliband that they dress up any old shit as newsworthy.
Release the Guardvarks.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

Quite, but being able to write a play about something doesn't mean you actually know anything about it. Are the guardian so desperate to slag off Ed Miliband that they dress up any old shit as newsworthy.
I'm assuming your final question was rhetorical and required no answer? ;)
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Here we go again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31043548

Oh and this man was sacked for spotting this 3 years ago. Top bloke screwed over by a bunch of tossers.

Whatever you are doing now Mike I wish you all the best.
Mike Kiely, a former adviser to BDUK, has long argued that BT's estimates of the cost of distributing broadband to rural areas were far too high.

He felt vindicated by the findings, saying: "Thirty-eight per cent excess costs have been confirmed in the cost models used to calculate the milestone payments. Those monies - and there will be more - need to be used to extend the fibre rollout further."
Release the Guardvarks.
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

http://disabilitynewsservice.com/2015/0 ... ed-deaths/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; found this one too on the DNS site - explains why the core visit procedures were introduced - after Timothy Finn who had a mental health condition starved to death in 2000.