Friday 30th January 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Re: Friday 30th January 2015

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/go ... ar_twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Discretionary housing benefit fund to be cut by 40 million.

Is it wrong that I wish IDS ill, because I do, and I don't feel bad about it?
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

frightful_oik wrote:All anyone can do is judge them by their actions and output. For all I know he's a greasy pole climber of the worst sort. He's not as working class as I am, that's for sure. But if Prince William were to say that, 'that Chap Cameron is a scoundrel of the lowest type', I'm going to agree with him.
The Left, and the Labour Party, never was just a working class setup; the Fabians weren't (and indeed aren't), Tony Benn sure as hell wasn't and a lot of comrades of my grandfather weren't. I never have subscribed to the working class roots BS, the whole point is we are supposed to be making that sort of class distinction irrelevant; so my criticisms of him are not directed at his roots, but at his sincerity.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Just popped over to the Graun to see if it's improved. Nope. Anti Labour articles in abundance, no calling the government on anything and the sort of lifestyle shit - steaming your vagina anyone? - that made me wonder if I'd fetched up in a parallel universe designed by and for London based primary school kids. You know the ones. They've got 4G mobile phones, they're called Tarquin or Emilia and mummy and daddy drive matching Merc 4x4s.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:
Grant Shapps Gets Confused Over Tory MEP Amjad Bashir's Call To Scrap Workers' Rights

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01 ... mg00000067
He's another Tory with shit for brains...
:lol: Ohso, some of your posts are becoming increasingly like Catherine Tate's abusive 'Nan'. I just have to imagine the low rasping growl that her abuse finally breaks out from .... keep them coming please.
Working on the wild side.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
frightful_oik wrote:All anyone can do is judge them by their actions and output. For all I know he's a greasy pole climber of the worst sort. He's not as working class as I am, that's for sure. But if Prince William were to say that, 'that Chap Cameron is a scoundrel of the lowest type', I'm going to agree with him.
The Left, and the Labour Party, never was just a working class setup; the Fabians weren't (and indeed aren't), Tony Benn sure as hell wasn't and a lot of comrades of my grandfather weren't. I never have subscribed to the working class roots BS, the whole point is we are supposed to be making that sort of class distinction irrelevant; so my criticisms of him are not directed at his roots, but at his sincerity.
Quite so. I'm painfully lower middle class (dad a car dealer, mum part time housewife, full time idiot, both Tories) and I dislike this "I'm more working class than yow" crap that you sometimes get. Examine the person, not their ideological purity as defined by their birth. I suspect that on this, Tony Benn would probably have agreed with me. Having said that, there aren't enough people in the Labour PLP with a working class background, but I think we can broaden that to say there aren't enough with a working background that voters might identify with.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Interesting.

http://www.theguardian.com/public-leade ... s-interest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lord "BP" Browne very positive about public sector ethos and wants it strenghtened and unified.

He was brought in by Gordo, I think. I didn't agree with his tuition fees review, but seems like Gordo's judgement of him was better than some thought.
Rednorth
Backbencher

Post by Rednorth »

I'm happy to make common cause with anyone who hates the Tories, regardless of their background, and, apart from the obvious exceptions, from pretty much any political creed.

However my hatred for Tories is essentially pathological. I can think of no other event that would benefit this country and its people so much as their extinction.
Last edited by Rednorth on Fri 30 Jan, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Michael Crick ‏@MichaelLCrick 7h7 hours ago
Grant Shapps seems confused on minimum wage. Says he doesn't believe in it, then says he does

George B. ‏@geobut1958 1h1 hour ago
@MichaelLCrick Party chairman job usually a repository for idiots. Didn't Thatch give Archer the job at one point?

Michael Crick
‏@MichaelLCrick
@geobut1958 He was deputy chairman. I won't comment on whether he's an idiot.

George B.
9:02 AM - 30 Jan 2015
George B. ‏@geobut1958 1h1 hour ago
@MichaelLCrick Of course not, & neither should I. Who are we to judge a man who walks into cupboards (both figuratively & literally)
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Quite so. I'm painfully lower middle class (dad a car dealer, mum part time housewife, full time idiot, both Tories) and I dislike this "I'm more working class than yow" crap that you sometimes get. Examine the person, not their ideological purity as defined by their birth. I suspect that on this, Tony Benn would probably have agreed with me. Having said that, there aren't enough people in the Labour PLP with a working class background, but I think we can broaden that to say there aren't enough with a working background that voters might identify with.

I don't know how things are nowadays, i remember this interview of a chap who had lived in Stoke on Trent all his life being mighty pissed about being stopped from standing because he claims he wasn't mates with Mandelson - in favour of Tristram Hunt (5;38 min)

[youtube]4EGokSPVxWI[/youtube]
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Tim Fenton, back of the net as usual!!

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... ed-of.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

Rednorth wrote:I'm happy to make common cause with anyone who hates the Tories, regardless of their background, and, apart from the obvious exceptions, from pretty much any political creed.

However my hatred for Tories is essentially pathological. I can think of no other event that would benefit this country and its people so much as their extinction.
Post of the day. Good start Rednorth! :clap:
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Wow, actual Lib Dem telling me everything critics of Lansley Act said has been wrong.

I asked Clare Gerada (who I've corresponded with several times) if that's so.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Someone else read this through please and tell me if I'm in seriously bad taste to find it funny. (I'm sort of hearing this defective councillor with a Victoria Wood type voice).

We are living in ludicrous times.

I'm going to add Cllr Gethin James - the UKIP PPC for Ceredigion who provided the link to this article - to the list of political bods I check the twitter timeline of. He seems to spend a lot of time bigging up the UKIP presence and activities across Wales ... and has it in for Plaid ... obviously.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Toby Latimer wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: The Left, and the Labour Party, never was just a working class setup; the Fabians weren't (and indeed aren't), Tony Benn sure as hell wasn't and a lot of comrades of my grandfather weren't. I never have subscribed to the working class roots BS, the whole point is we are supposed to be making that sort of class distinction irrelevant; so my criticisms of him are not directed at his roots, but at his sincerity.

I don't know how things are nowadays, i remember this interview of a chap who had lived in Stoke on Trent all his life being mighty pissed about being stopped from standing because he claims he wasn't mates with Mandelson - in favour of Tristram Hunt (5;38 min)

[youtube]4EGokSPVxWI[/youtube]
Tristram's biggest problems are the fact he called "Tristram" and has a posh accent. I know the NEC decided that shortlist, because of the late notice, but he still got picked ahead of all the others; and to suggest that it was all down to Mandy's machinations (in 2010, when he was very much yesterday's man) is fairly laughable - I'm guessing the pissed off bloke is Gary Elsby?

I like 'Hunty'. I don't necessarily think he has the right brief at the moment, Communities would fit his speciality better (and I'd lay good money he is one of the chief drivers of the regionalisation policies); but he has shown passion and commitment and, as rednorth says, definitely hates the Tories. Some try to label him, mistakenly, as a Blairite; I personally think he is a good example of that new breed, the Milibandite.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Corrupt Caliphate latest.

Doubtless this partly reflects the nature of the labour market, but also some hard work by schools and council.

http://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2015/0 ... time-high/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The employment rate in Tower Hamlets is at its highest since records began in 2004, according to a new report.

An annual population survey by the Office for National Statistics reported that 68.1 per cent of the borough’s population is currently employed. This is a 4.2 per cent increase from December 2013.

Tower Hamlets is now 3.7 per cent behind the national average employment rate. The council believes this is due to its work in addressing unemployment.

The council has introduced a number of schemes to help improve employment within the borough. Tower Hamlets has been working closely with Skillsmatch, a recruitment service that helps businesses to recruit local talent from the area. It has also been working with schools, teachers, parents and young people to increase the number of people moving from education into the workforce.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Someone else read this through please and tell me if I'm in seriously bad taste to find it funny. (I'm sort of hearing this defective councillor with a Victoria Wood type voice).

We are living in ludicrous times.

I'm going to add Cllr Gethin James - the UKIP PPC for Ceredigion who provided the link to this article - to the list of political bods I check the twitter timeline of. He seems to spend a lot of time bigging up the UKIP presence and activities across Wales ... and has it in for Plaid ... obviously.
Must be something in the water in that part of the world. Shepshed is part of Charnwood DC, and Charnwood is where the UKIP PPC sent out that "unemployed should not dive cars" leaflet. Truth is far stranger than fiction it seems.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

And from a borough where the leadership have a more "New Labour" style, more modest good stuff.

http://www.eastlondonlines.co.uk/2015/0 ... ?utm_sourc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hackney Council has approved higher parking permit charges that will be come into effect by 2017.

The higher charges will mean that cars that pollute more have to pay more.

Cars built before 2001 will now move up a band in the charging scheme, reflecting the levels of CO2 they produce. Additionally there will be a £50 levy for diesel vehicles.
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Tristram's biggest problems are the fact he called "Tristram" and has a posh accent. I know the NEC decided that shortlist, because of the late notice, but he still got picked ahead of all the others; and to suggest that it was all down to Mandy's machinations (in 2010, when he was very much yesterday's man) is fairly laughable - I'm guessing the pissed off bloke is Gary Elsby?

Spot on :)
ScreenShot00130.jpg
ScreenShot00130.jpg (27.27 KiB) Viewed 12448 times
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Toby Latimer wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: The Left, and the Labour Party, never was just a working class setup; the Fabians weren't (and indeed aren't), Tony Benn sure as hell wasn't and a lot of comrades of my grandfather weren't. I never have subscribed to the working class roots BS, the whole point is we are supposed to be making that sort of class distinction irrelevant; so my criticisms of him are not directed at his roots, but at his sincerity.
I don't know the man but then my Stoke years don't number three yet. Give me time.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Toby Latimer wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:Tristram's biggest problems are the fact he called "Tristram" and has a posh accent. I know the NEC decided that shortlist, because of the late notice, but he still got picked ahead of all the others; and to suggest that it was all down to Mandy's machinations (in 2010, when he was very much yesterday's man) is fairly laughable - I'm guessing the pissed off bloke is Gary Elsby?

ScreenShot00130.jpg
I guess Hunty isn't going to work out as his handle, eh? edited to strike out what I'd missed in an earlier post.
Last edited by citizenJA on Fri 30 Jan, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Toby Latimer wrote:

ScreenShot00130.jpg
He stood as an independent, really bit into Hunt's vote ..... got a whole 399 votes! Tristram has worked damned hard for his constituents and is on track to substantially increase his majority in May, so it sounds as the locals have no real beef with him.

This "parachuted in" meme winds me up. Another one who has been labelled in a similar way ("parachuted in TV babe Blairite") is Gloria de Piero who managed to hold onto Ashfield (albeit just), despite having the Hoon albatross hanging around her neck; again, she has worked her socks off (see the photo I posted yesterday) and now has probably one of the safest seats in the country. Another Milibandite.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Toby Latimer wrote:

ScreenShot00130.jpg
He stood as an independent, really bit into Hunt's vote ..... got a whole 399 votes! Tristram has worked damned hard for his constituents and is on track to substantially increase his majority in May, so it sounds as the locals have no real beef with him.

This "parachuted in" meme winds me up. Another one who has been labelled in a similar way ("parachuted in TV babe Blairite") is Gloria de Piero who managed to hold onto Ashfield (albeit just), despite having the Hoon albatross hanging around her neck; again, she has worked her socks off (see the photo I posted yesterday) and now has probably one of the safest seats in the country. Another Milibandite.
Good! Yes! I missed the rest of your post calling him Hunty. Let's use it, please. He's my MP. He's been generous with his time & effort here I can tell you. I'm happy with him. I like 'Milibandite'. It's truly a new era.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
Grant Shapps Gets Confused Over Tory MEP Amjad Bashir's Call To Scrap Workers' Rights

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01 ... mg00000067
He's another Tory with shit for brains...
:lol: Ohso, some of your posts are becoming increasingly like Catherine Tate's abusive 'Nan'. I just have to imagine the low rasping growl that her abuse finally breaks out from .... keep them coming please.
I have to thank Mr Ohso. He taught me everything I know :rock:
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Hang on - the G has changed the format a bit - I wasn't visually assaulted. I'll keep you posted.

http://www.theguardian.com/public-leade ... s-interest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Toby Latimer wrote:

ScreenShot00130.jpg

I quite like GdeP, I live just at the edge of Ashfield constituency, borderline really.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

stellacreasy ‏@stellacreasy 31m31 minutes ago
Jesus Twitter. Have a life! That Walthamstow Toss thing is called 'satire'. Not joined UKIP even if I do wear a lot of purple...#gothmp
Stella Creasy Defects To UKIP _ Walthamstow Toss.jpg
Stella Creasy Defects To UKIP _ Walthamstow Toss.jpg (80 KiB) Viewed 12381 times
https://www.facebook.com/walthamstowtos ... =3&theater
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jesus Twitter. Have a life! That Walthamstow Toss thing is called 'satire'. Not joined UKIP even if I do wear a lot of purple...#gothmp
How is this crap legal?
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

Child in Wales 'died of scurvy'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-31039895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rickets & Gout on the increase

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 02394.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Family of 7 year old with leukaemia using foodbank after benefits stopped

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life- ... ks-5068514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

21st century Britain.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Where's yahyah today?
daydreamer
Minister of State

Post by daydreamer »

Rednorth wrote:Hi all, newbie in dark times.
Welcome to the nest Rednorth. :D

Though as usual I'm late to the party.
Smart has the plans, but stupid has the stories.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
How is this crap legal?
It's alright Citizen. It's a joke ... and one Stella Creasy is fully fine with. It's mocking of UKIP rather than her ... because everyone who knows her knows it's absolutely ludicrous ... but the wording is very funny, spot on UKIPese. It probably plays better with those of us who hail from North East London!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just to show what kind of publication / site Walthamstow Toss is .... here's another of their posts.
E17 Art Trail _ Walthamstow Toss.jpg
E17 Art Trail _ Walthamstow Toss.jpg (58.8 KiB) Viewed 12331 times
Artists abound in North East London - they congregated there en masse in the late 80s and 90s when it was relatively cheap ... now it's not cheap, but there's still a lot of artists. I should know, I was one and I lived there.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Rednorth wrote:I'm happy to make common cause with anyone who hates the Tories, regardless of their background, and, apart from the obvious exceptions, from pretty much any political creed.

Yeah, that fuckin' rocks. That's the bottom line mate.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RobertSnozers wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Wow, actual Lib Dem telling me everything critics of Lansley Act said has been wrong.

I asked Clare Gerada (who I've corresponded with several times) if that's so.
Feel free to put any points of contention to me if you like. I lived (and am living) through it and can confidently assert that Lansley was wrong about just about everything.

Edit: oh, and the LibDems managed to make a bad situation worse
Cheers. Not heard from them.

Any thing you think I should point out in advance?
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Andrew Pierce ‏@toryboypierce 40m40 minutes ago
Weekly review @SkyNews with @JayneSeckerSky and @Kevin_Maguire alone with Red Ed who thinks Labour had a good week on NHS

‏@IainDale
@toryboypierce @SkyNews @JayneSeckerSky @Kevin_Maguire Comical Kev strikes again!
Kevin Maguire ‏@Kevin_Maguire 38m38 minutes ago
@IainDale Warning: Assaulting a pensioner half your size results in a criminal record

TwoWheels ‏@TwoWheels3 36m36 minutes ago
@Kevin_Maguire @IainDale Bang! Back of the net with one. Be kind. Leave the boxing gloves at home!!

Ryan Waters ‏@RyanWatersUKIP 35m35 minutes ago
@TwoWheels3 @Kevin_Maguire @IainDale labour hVe had a horrid time.. Esp the NHS linguistic dilemma and leafletgate

Heather Smart ‏@gemini2359 24m24 minutes ago
@Kevin_Maguire @IainDale Ouch ! That one to Kevin !

Iain Dale ‏@IainDale 1m1 minute ago
.@Kevin_Maguire Prick.
I got to this exchange because I was - evidently - curious as to why the usually mild mannered Iain Dale called Kevin Maguire a prick.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Mr Ohso heard a good tip for keeping warm during the day without pumping up your fuel bill. Put an electric blanket on your couch or chair! It'll keep you as warm as toast.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Paul Heaney ‏@PaulHeaney67 · 1h1 hour ago  Pontypool, Wales
Paul Murphy to stand down as MP for Torfaen in May. Reactions here tonight vary from "Paul who?" to he's a local boy done good" to "Nooooo!"

"Paul who?" anyone know?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Lots of comments on Twitter about the Churchill commemoration.

Rowson hits the nail on the head again... :D

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... are_btn_tw
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
In new leaflets which have cost the Government £5m to send out, they seem to be playing with the facts to score cheap political points

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 73127.html
Can you imagine how many people are going to be taken in by this?

Tory dirty tricks ramping up.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

JP Janson De Couet ‏@ostercywriter · 59m59 minutes ago
Zelo Street: Mail Patriotism Hypocrisy http://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2015/01 ... crisy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @zelo_street
Tory Churchill 1000x worse on gold than Brown.

I've blocked this plonker so can't reply but if anyone wants to put him right on GB and gold please do, it was in fact the first "bank bailout".

Revealed: why Gordon Brown sold Britain's gold at a knock-down price
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/th ... own-price/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Very good thanks, Robert.

Prob bit complicated for my interlocutors!

Any links that make those points?
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 14644.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Labour scores another own goal
Labour officials said the leaflet was not widely distributed, but sent only to traditional Labour supporters identified by the party as those who might back Ukip at the May election.

Cheap politicking, which seems to have back-fired. Letting ukip frame the narrative isn't going to win them votes. There are plenty of problems with the NHS under the tories, they really didn't need to add in immigration. They also forgot to mention the benefits thing will affect uk citizens who've been out of the country for a few months (at least I presume it will, it does currently).
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

thatchersorphan wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 14644.html Labour scores another own goal
Labour officials said the leaflet was not widely distributed, but sent only to traditional Labour supporters identified by the party as those who might back Ukip at the May election.

Cheap politicking, which seems to have back-fired. Letting ukip frame the narrative isn't going to win them votes. There are plenty of problems with the NHS under the tories, they really didn't need to add in immigration. They also forgot to mention the benefits thing will affect uk citizens who've been out of the country for a few months (at least I presume it will, it does currently).
Idiots.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 7 hrs ago
Latest Populus poll (28 - 29 Jan):

LAB - 35% (-)
CON - 34% (-)
UKIP - 14% (+1)
LDEM - 10% (+1)
GRN - 4% (-2)
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Have we seen this one?

Teresa Crawford retweeted
Populus ‏@PopulusPolls 11 hrs11 hours ago
Latest Populus VI:

Lab 35 (-),
Con 34 (-),
LD 10 (+1),
UKIP 14 (+1),
Others 7 (-2).

Tables here: http://popu.lu/sVI300115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... newspapers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andrew-mitchell-plebgate-costs-libel-toby-rowland-news-group-newspapers

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... newspapers

andrew-mitchell-plebgate-costs-libel-toby-rowland-news-group-newspapers

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Half a million. Another shit for brains.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Jeremy Hunt ‏@Jeremy_Hunt 10h10 hours ago
Labour reformers like Ara Darzi & Alan Milburn achieved great things for patients. Shame that Ed & Andy now want to turn back the clock.
Funny, don't recall them ever saying any "great things" had been achieved.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Labour reformers like Ara Darzi & Alan Milburn achieved great things for patients. Shame that Ed & Andy now want to turn back the clock.
Actually Hunt is quite right. We do want to go back to 2010 don't we? record satisfaction, non-existent waiting lists....
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wasn't it Milburn that introduced NHS Foundation Trusts seen as partially responsible for Mid Staffs given the hospitals striving for foundation trust status?

Odd that Milburn's role in this seems to have been forgotten completely and it's Burnham that gets a kicking for it despite the fact that he was nowhere the DoH at the time.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.