Wednesday 4th February 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 4th February 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Responding to a study from the University of Oxford and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, which claimed that the majority of those who received benefit sanctions were not going into work, McVey said the researchers had used flawed logic, made “leaps in where they got the facts and figures, and they came to the conclusion they wanted to come to”.

The minister argued that according to a destination survey conducted by her department the number of people going into work after benefit sanctions was more like 70% and that people tended not to tell jobcentres when they had got a job, making the figures used by the researchers unreliable. The researchers suggested that their figure of 20% was probably too high because anecdotal evidence suggests that people working in jobcentres are encouraged to record those coming off benefits as having gone into employment.

“You seem to be very selective in the evidence you will accept,” Debbie Abrahams, MP for Oldham East and Saddleworth, said.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... ther-mcvey
I could almost begin to deal with the gloomy Labour in Scotland polls if I had a cast iron assurance that McVey and Clegg were both going to be booted out in May. Almost.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... y#comments

"Benefit sanctions are effective ,Employment Minister ,says.

The employment minister has defended the government’s policy of removing people’s benefit payments when they fail to meet certain targets.
Snap Hindle. Now I need to find a quick way of reducing my blood pressure.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

DAVID Cameron “rolled out the red carpet” at Downing Street yesterday for talks with US Republican Chris Christie aimed at stitching-up hated EU-US free trade deal TTIP.

The Prime Minister took time out of his busy schedule to treat the right-wing presidential hopeful to a reception at Number 10.
Despite their conversation taking place at his official residence, details will not be divulged because it is a “private meeting,” the PM’s spokesman said yesterday. But both are cheerleaders for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-5d ... -stitch-up
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

StephenDolan wrote: Given the Rotherham inspired postings the blog is a pretty unpleasant place to be today.
Some of them didn't seem to realise where they were although that may be a fault of the blog changing its title several times a day depending on what the major story is.

When I posted that UKIP story on non-stun slaughter and getting Jews caught in the crossfire I was asked whether I was in the right place! Not that any Kipper wanted to comment of course...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@RR2

More here.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -sanctions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Grieving relative confronts DWP minister Esther McVey after benefit sanctions inquiry
The sister of a diabetic who died after having his benefits cut wept after hearing the minister say there is state support for vulnerable people.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -sanctions
There is great evil abroad in this country.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Welsh Labour are holding a conference this weekend to help combat the rise of UKIP in South Wales.

Wonder if LetsSkip will be going ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ce-8580321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@ohsocynical she actually said the sanctioning process flagged up people as vulnerable,a convuluted misanthropy which of course reveals the personalised tailored support nonsense for what it isn't.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

yahyah wrote:Welsh Labour are holding a conference this weekend to help combat the rise of UKIP in South Wales.

Wonder if LetsSkip will be going ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ce-8580321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hiya yahyah, I seriously considered going, not a bad line-up and it should be interesting, truth is, and slap my wrist, I read the email, few days went and it went out of my head. Only down the road from me too, which makes me more ashamed. :oops:

On second viewing its not down the road me, I thought it was the Swansea conference, this one is in Nantgarw.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
StephenDolan wrote: Given the Rotherham inspired postings the blog is a pretty unpleasant place to be today.
Some of them didn't seem to realise where they were although that may be a fault of the blog changing its title several times a day depending on what the major story is.

When I posted that UKIP story on non-stun slaughter and getting Jews caught in the crossfire I was asked whether I was in the right place! Not that any Kipper wanted to comment of course...
A valiant effort today Roger in trying to hold back the invading barbarian horde. :fight:
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Lisa Nandy ‏@lisanandy 2 hrs2 hours ago London, England
Tory MP Dominic Raab is 45 minutes late for a debate and allowed to speak. My constituent is 4 mins late to the Jobcentre and is sanctioned.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

RobertSnozers wrote:Let's see. Forgetting someones name. Labour x2

Forgetting your own child. Conservative x1

Radio 4's Today made a big thing of Ed Balls fluffing the name.
That was after John Humphreys announced they would be doing a piece on Labour's war with big business.

It was all about that, didn't hear any attempt from them to find a Labour supporting business person.
BBC balance, my arse. Too many over paid, under talented BBC staff worried about paying mansion tax or 50p in the £.

Grrr.....my extra country walking treks to help deal with the pre-election stress & media crap, I'll end up wearing my legs to stumps by May.
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

ohsocynical wrote:
Grieving relative confronts DWP minister Esther McVey after benefit sanctions inquiry
The sister of a diabetic who died after having his benefits cut wept after hearing the minister say there is state support for vulnerable people.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -sanctions
There is great evil abroad in this country.
From the article, i must have missed this bit. Couldn't stand listening to the poisonous vacuous lying bollockbrained McVile for very long so i turned it off.

"Tensions escalated during the hearing, and at one point the committee member Paul Maynard, a Tory MP, appeared distressed by the opposition’s questioning of McVey and threatened to leave the committee hearing"
ScreenShot00179.jpg
ScreenShot00179.jpg (16.6 KiB) Viewed 12350 times
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

I didn't watch Newsnight (who does?) but I wondered if this was simply a case of Ed Balls known speech impediment getting in the way, and the hectoring harpie Maitlis leaping all over that and derailing things? She was an appalling interviewer back in her BBC London days, and has got no better as far as I can see.
Last edited by TheGrimSqueaker on Wed 04 Feb, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Could someone big on what's been going on with academies remind me what this is about - and what this development means?
judy olsen ‏@judycopywriter 7h7 hours ago
.@zoesqwilliams I think you wrote about this?

Zoe Williams
‏@zoesqwilliams
@judycopywriter I did! Has he been fired?

judy olsen ‏@judycopywriter 7h7 hours ago
@zoesqwilliams He has left earlier than expected.

Zoe Williams ‏@zoesqwilliams 7h7 hours ago
@judycopywriter I wonder what parents will make of it all. What do you think?
Ryde Academy
‏@RydeAcademy
An important letter to all parents/carers has been uploaded to our website. http://goo.gl/4hGH5P" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

I didn't watch Newsnight (who does?) but I wondered if this was simply a case of Ed Balls known speech impediment getting in the way, and the hectoring harpie Maitlis leaping all over that and derailing things? She was an appalling interviewer back in her BBC London days, and has got no better as fair as I can see.
They've just had an OKish item on this on Radio 4 PM ... with a Labour business spokesperson who's got a good sense of humour and down to earthness who's talked about the perils of meeting so many people and forgetting their names. To give R4 credit they also played clips of Cameron and Boris Johnson and other politicians forgetting names. Someone said they thought it was a case of being a bit tired for a late interview, forgetting the name first off and then getting stressed about it so not being able to remember it.
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

Well he was either threatening to leave at this point, or showing off to Esther with his latest Tommy Cooper impersonation
ScreenShot00173.jpg
ScreenShot00173.jpg (30.23 KiB) Viewed 12329 times
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

I didn't watch Newsnight (who does?) but I wondered if this was simply a case of Ed Balls known speech impediment getting in the way, and the hectoring harpie Maitlis leaping all over that and derailing things? She was an appalling interviewer back in her BBC London days, and has got no better as fair as I can see.

He Twittered about it. Think he just plain forgot
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

Esther's not happy about the Tommy Cooper thing. She always preferred Ken Dodd. If Maynard was after a Valentines Day kiss he's just blown it.
ScreenShot00174.jpg
ScreenShot00174.jpg (30.5 KiB) Viewed 12322 times
Toby Latimer

Post by Toby Latimer »

By the way what is Frankie Boyle doing by appearing in the latest LibDem party political broadcast ?
B9AeVQ7IEAEYvoY.jpg
B9AeVQ7IEAEYvoY.jpg (38.91 KiB) Viewed 12311 times
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

No, he did genuinely forget. But then again, who hasn't forgotten something just as they are about to say it? Matlis's interview was god awful and she even said that Labour were going to raise corporation tax!?
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:

Had my say on this last night:

@iankatz1000 Time you educated your presenters not to interrupt, particularly to people with a stammer ! Ignorance no defence #newsnight

kathy @kb32904 · 20h 20 hours ago
@pollytoynbee @krishgm If they had any decency they'd be yelling to quit interrupting a man with a stammer ! @maitlis was just ignorant !

Of course, Katz nor Maitlis deigned to respond to a common member of the public, let alone a mere leftie like me !

IMO she knows exactly what effect her constant interruptions & talking over him would have. They all do it so it's either deliberate or it's ignorant - it is simply unacceptable from our media interviewers.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

RobertSnozers wrote:PS didn't Rhys-Mogg come across as a complete idiot on that inside Westminster programme?
Could he possibly have come across any other way?
The truth ferret speaks!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ben Wallace MP ‏@BWallaceMP 8m8 minutes ago
@ChrisMasonBBC @iainmartin1 for 30 years Scottish Labour linked the Tories & Westminster and bashed them both. Labour broke the Union #panic
:?:

Is this going to be the latest 'meme' - 'Labour broke the Union' - ?
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
@ChrisMasonBBC @iainmartin1 for 30 years Scottish Labour linked the Tories & Westminster and bashed them both. Labour broke the Union #panic

From where I'm sitting Labour seem to have sacrificed an nailed on certainty of an election victory to preserve the Union so this MP is talking out of his Cameron.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Spacedone wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

From where I'm sitting Labour seem to have sacrificed an nailed on certainty of an election victory to preserve the Union so this MP is talking out of his Cameron.
It is quite incredible. I seem to be in a world where the things I read, see and hear ... are routinely being asserted as being entirely the opposite. Sure - there have always been different perspectives, interpretations ... but not on this complete turnaround scale.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Spacedone wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: :?:

It is quite incredible. I seem to be in a world where the things I read, see and hear ... are routinely being asserted as being entirely the opposite. Sure - there have always been different perspectives, interpretations ... but not on this complete turnaround scale.
It's one of the by-blows of a totally supine and compliant media, that those in control can spout the most utter crap, lies and 100% distortions in the knowledge that not only will they not be challenged but that their media toadies will both repeat it with enthusiasm, but refuse space to those who will point out the truth. Remind me of the way that this differs from, say, the North Korean media?
The truth ferret speaks!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

FTNers in Wales might be interested in this series of articles and discussions as part of the IWA Constitutional Convention:
IWA Constitutional Convention
This article is part of the first phase of the IWA’s constitutional convention. This week we’re asking, ‘what is the UK for?’ and we’ll be discussing this piece and more on iwaconvention.co.uk. Register here to join the debate.
We are running this innovative project in 5 phases over 8 weeks:
26th Jan-1st Feb: What is the UK for?
2nd-15th Feb: How do we create a more prosperous Wales? (The economy)
16th Feb-1st Mar: How do we make Wales a fairer country? (The Welfare State)
2nd-15th Mar: What is the future of the UK? Includes reaction to the Secretary of State’s announcements around Welsh devolution near St David’s day.
16th-20th Mar: What is Wales for?
Go to IWAconvention.co.uk to have your say.
The articles (or at least some of them) seem to be available on Click On Wales http://www.clickonwales.org/
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Is this a new poll - or the one we had a couple of days ago?
John Rentoul ‏@JohnRentoul 7m7 minutes ago
TNS poll LAB 33% (+2), CON 27% (-4), UKIP 18% (+2), LIB DEM 6% (-2), GREEN 8% (+1) " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The same one.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Ed Miliband ‏@Ed_Miliband 43s44 seconds ago
We will work with the government and the people of Rotherham to put the situation right.

Ed Miliband ‏@Ed_Miliband 1m1 minute ago
The abuse in Rotherham was utterly appalling and it was unforgivable that those in authority failed to protect vulnerable children.
I noticed this on Twitter.
Dr Gill Gillespie @Khoshkeledoc · 1h 1 hour ago
@Ed_Miliband refuses to say what he would do to prevent future child abuse of 1400 girls at hands of Muslim paedophiles in #Rotherham #UK
Thought that sounded funny. What's he supposed to say?

I replied with this-
Chris Manners @Tubby_Isaacs · 53m 53 minutes ago
@Khoshkeledoc @ostercywriter @Ed_Miliband What's the fact they're Muslim got to do with the solution?
And I got something about women being worth "half a man" and suggesting I might be a misogynist.

Her Twitter feed seems to be a collection of anything bad about Muslims, complete with nasty stuff about Obama. Then I noticed she got published by neo-con loons Gatestone Institute.

There's a pretty weak looking charity she's attached to as well.

https://iranianrefugeesactionnetwork.wo ... com/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She didn't reply when I flagged up her links to neo-con loons- not great champions of human rights.

She seems to be a genuine academic at Northumbria University. Is this sort of thing usual from academics?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:
DAVID Cameron “rolled out the red carpet” at Downing Street yesterday for talks with US Republican Chris Christie aimed at stitching-up hated EU-US free trade deal TTIP.

The Prime Minister took time out of his busy schedule to treat the right-wing presidential hopeful to a reception at Number 10.
Despite their conversation taking place at his official residence, details will not be divulged because it is a “private meeting,” the PM’s spokesman said yesterday. But both are cheerleaders for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).

http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-5d ... -stitch-up

How can Chris Christie help stitch up TTIP?
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

mbc1955 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Spacedone wrote: From where I'm sitting Labour seem to have sacrificed an nailed on certainty of an election victory to preserve the Union so this MP is talking out of his Cameron.
It's one of the by-blows of a totally supine and compliant media, that those in control can spout the most utter crap, lies and 100% distortions in the knowledge that not only will they not be challenged but that their media toadies will both repeat it with enthusiasm, but refuse space to those who will point out the truth. Remind me of the way that this differs from, say, the North Korean media?
It is actually unbelievable. I see Milne is at it again today. I posted this below his article, I imagine it will get deleted.
The Guardian has become a hideous Tory/Dem propaganda rag who's only function is to hammer Labour, presumably to benefit Cleggy.

Headline Article - The one true voice of Blairism attacks hideous leftie Ed Miliband.

Frequently run by Wintour and Watt, fawning over private healthcare stooge Milburn.

Then, often in the same paper, articles by Milne and faux leftie Harris hammering Labour for being indistinguishable from the Tories.

Cue George (vote Nader get Bush) Monbiot to tell everybody forget the electoral system and vote Green.

If Kafka was a Tory and edited a paper it would be The Guardian.
Release the Guardvarks.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

."@Survation poll of Sheffield Hallam: Lab 33%, LDs 23%, Con 22%, Grn 12%, UKIP 9%. < Nick Clegg could well lose his seat."
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

HindleA wrote:."@Survation poll of Sheffield Hallam: Lab 33%, LDs 23%, Con 22%, Grn 12%, UKIP 9%. < Nick Clegg could well lose his seat."
So there is some joy in the world.
Potentially.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ni ... at-5107412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
HindleA wrote:."@Survation poll of Sheffield Hallam: Lab 33%, LDs 23%, Con 22%, Grn 12%, UKIP 9%. < Nick Clegg could well lose his seat."
Potentially.
If that reflects reality he is toast. Labour will squeeze the Greens, and Clegg can't get enough of that Tory base vote to claw it back.

That might make a Tory / Dem government impossible as Farron will take over.
Release the Guardvarks.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:
Potentially.
If that reflects reality he is toast. Labour will squeeze the Greens, and Clegg can't get enough of that Tory base vote to claw it back.

That might make a Tory / Dem government impossible as Farron will take over.
I still can't quite believe it, though I really want to :twisted:

Sheffield Hallam has NEVER elected a Labour MP
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Labour and the Libdems have much in common,but will tribalism prevent a coalition ?

George Eaton

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -coalition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Jefferson Michael Fadaka: Tory candidate facing jail after admitting he hid fraud conviction from party
Not much detail...
http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/jeffer ... te-5107405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

If it's that low in a few more polls, then his Tory tactical voters will go back to the Tories.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:Labour and the Libdems have much in common,but will tribalism prevent a coalition ?

George Eaton

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... -coalition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nick Clegg and his allies have long privately indicated their preference for a renewal of vows with the Conservatives. They fear, as one tells me, that a coalition with Labour would leave them as “the nasty party” (demanding greater austerity, rather than higher public spending), that it would threaten their Tory-facing southern seats and that the opposition’s “tribalists” would prove even more Machiavellian than their current partners.
FFS. Do they have absolutely no self awareness - no inkling of how they are already perceived - no tiny recognition that they have actually participated in many very nasty activities .... they can't just go on pretending it was all the other people's fault? Would leave them as 'the nasty party'? They have been that for quite some time.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
HindleA wrote:Labour and the Libdems have much in common,but will tribalism prevent a coalition ?

George Eaton

Nick Clegg and his allies have long privately indicated their preference for a renewal of vows with the Conservatives. They fear, as one tells me, that a coalition with Labour would leave them as “the nasty party” (demanding greater austerity, rather than higher public spending), that it would threaten their Tory-facing southern seats and that the opposition’s “tribalists” would prove even more Machiavellian than their current partners.
FFS. Do they have absolutely no self awareness - no inkling of how they are already perceived - no tiny recognition that they have actually participated in many very nasty activities .... they can't just go on pretending it was all the other people's fault? Would leave them as 'the nasty party'? They have been that for quite some time.
Colour us both incredulous today, RR2. Craziness.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

George Eaton

No, a decent Labour party leader, Ed Miliband, will prevent a coalition with LibDems.

edited to add - along with Labour party leadership & members pointing out the only thing Labour & LibDems have in common at this time is the political parties both begin with the letter 'L'. That. Is. All.
Last edited by citizenJA on Wed 04 Feb, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

NHS 111 helpline is an abysmal failure and has piled more pressure on GPs and A&E, says top doctor
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ar_twitter
...Dr Kailash Chand, a Tameside GP and deputy chairman of the BMA, says the helpline has piled extra pressure on struggling A&E departments and GP surgeries.

He said: “The A&E crisis of past few months have clearly shown that the implementation of NHS 111 has been an abysmal failure.

“The Department of Health gave the BMA written assurances that there would be strict safeguards in place to ensure that NHS 111 providers would have the clinical and financial ability to deliver a safe, effective service to patients. That apparently never happened.”

The BMA looked at the outcomes of calls to NHS 111, which was rolled out in March 2013 to replace the old NHS Direct service.

In its final full year of operation in 2011-12, NHS Direct received 4.4 million calls from patients.

In comparison, calls to NHS 111 increased year-on-year and in 2014 (up to November) it received and responded to more than 15.4 million calls.

Referrals from NHS 111 to A&E increased from just under 400,000 calls in 2013 to over a million in 2014.

Similarly, referrals to GPs went up from just under 3 million to 8 million between 2013 and 2014...
Where's Hunt?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Toby Latimer wrote:By the way what is Frankie Boyle doing by appearing in the latest LibDem party political broadcast ?
Did the LibDems get his permission first? I'm serious.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RobertSnozers wrote:Interesting article on the future of the left by Ursula le Guin

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/ursula ... f-the-left" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of my favourite authors of all time.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
NHS 111 helpline is an abysmal failure and has piled more pressure on GPs and A&E, says top doctor
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ar_twitter
...Dr Kailash Chand, a Tameside GP and deputy chairman of the BMA, says the helpline has piled extra pressure on struggling A&E departments and GP surgeries.

He said: “The A&E crisis of past few months have clearly shown that the implementation of NHS 111 has been an abysmal failure.

“The Department of Health gave the BMA written assurances that there would be strict safeguards in place to ensure that NHS 111 providers would have the clinical and financial ability to deliver a safe, effective service to patients. That apparently never happened.”

The BMA looked at the outcomes of calls to NHS 111, which was rolled out in March 2013 to replace the old NHS Direct service.

In its final full year of operation in 2011-12, NHS Direct received 4.4 million calls from patients.

In comparison, calls to NHS 111 increased year-on-year and in 2014 (up to November) it received and responded to more than 15.4 million calls.

Referrals from NHS 111 to A&E increased from just under 400,000 calls in 2013 to over a million in 2014.

Similarly, referrals to GPs went up from just under 3 million to 8 million between 2013 and 2014...
Where's Hunt?
Attachments
jeremy-hunt-tree.jpg
jeremy-hunt-tree.jpg (42.04 KiB) Viewed 9211 times
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Brilliant, TGS!
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 52s52 seconds ago
YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Tories ahead by one: CON 34%, LAB 33%, LD 6%, UKIP 13%, GRN 7%