Friday 6th February

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 6th February

Post by AngryAsWell »

ohsocynical wrote:
refitman wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Ed Miliband Is Honest, Decent & Truthful - Gove :o :shock: :o

http://www.lbc.co.uk/miliband-is-honest ... ove-104503" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jon Swindon ‏@jon_swindon

The things Tories say. I agree wholeheartedly Mr Gove. #EMForNo10
Nasty little dig though at the end.
Agree but the first part is the one most tweeted and the one that will be remembered / highlighted ;)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Top Tory MP shuns David Cameron and uses Labour hero Tony Benn on election campaign leaflet
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/to ... id-5118193
... Robert Halfon, one of the Conservative’s rising stars and a key advisor to Chancellor George Osborne, has put out a leaflet featuring the former Labour MP, but no photo of his own party leader.

The flyer, which prominently features Labour’s traditional red colours, focuses on immigration, a British Bill of Rights and making St George’s Day a national holiday.

Despite the Harlow MP’s role in the Treasury - a post he received after successfully campaigning for a fuel duty freeze - there is no mention of the economy...
Working on the wild side.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Very long "Ed" article over in the FT, took the 3 article free thingy to read it.
The only thing that stood out (much of the rest is re hashed we-already-know stuff)
is this :
"Miliband’s Labour critics do not share his confidence. So much so that, last autumn, party grandees gauged whether they could stage a coup by toppling the leader and installing the popular former Labour home secretary Alan Johnson in his place. Miliband denied talk of a coup last November as “nonsense”. But the FT has learnt that two Labour grandees — Lord Mandelson, the former business secretary, and Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair’s former press chief — took soundings from Johnson to see whether he was prepared to take over. “Alan gave an emphatic No,” says one Labour MP. Another senior party figure claimed that at least 40 MPs supported the abortive coup — others claim far more. Johnson, a former postman, has discovered a new and less stressful life as an author."

Mandelson is no surprise to me, but Campbell? Nasty little weasel, and I always had a bit of a soft spot for him.. live and learn. Sigh

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/101913f6-acc1 ... tml#slide0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by AngryAsWell on Fri 06 Feb, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martinson
Backbencher

Post by martinson »

On Sky news Ed's calling Cameron out about the failure to deliver on his promises to clean up tax havens. For me Cameron is a typical show pony and is being found out by politicians around the world. He's so obviously untrustworthy with all his spin and flannel which is a disgrace for a Prime Minister but I can't understand why the electorate still have time for him. I think that Ed Milliband is just the type of strong honest character needed in this dog eat dog world. We just need to get him elected.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Very long "Ed" article over in the FT, took the 3 article free thingy to read it.
The only thing that stood out (much of the rest is re hashed we-already-know stuff)
is this :
"Miliband’s Labour critics do not share his confidence. So much so that, last autumn, party grandees gauged whether they could stage a coup by toppling the leader and installing the popular former Labour home secretary Alan Johnson in his place. Miliband denied talk of a coup last November as “nonsense”. But the FT has learnt that two Labour grandees — Lord Mandelson, the former business secretary, and Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair’s former press chief — took soundings from Johnson to see whether he was prepared to take over. “Alan gave an emphatic No,” says one Labour MP. Another senior party figure claimed that at least 40 MPs supported the abortive coup — others claim far more. Johnson, a former postman, has discovered a new and less stressful life as an author."

Mandelson is no surprise to me, but Campbell? Nasty little weasel, and I always had a bit of a soft spot for him.. live and learn. Sigh

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/101913f6-acc1 ... tml#slide0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That version has been refuted elsewhere AAW. Campbell has said, apparently, that he rang Johnson to assure himself that Johnson wasn't looking to try and take the leadership. I'll see if I can find the rebuttal article and post it.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Very long "Ed" article over in the FT, took the 3 article free thingy to read it.
is this :

That version has been refuted elsewhere AAW. Campbell has said, apparently, that he rang Johnson to assure himself that Johnson wasn't looking to try and take the leadership. I'll see if I can find the rebuttal article and post it.
Its almost as though they are reading FTN..... :lol!:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/to ... an-5119212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Do you think Ed Miliband would make a good Prime Minister?
Daft Mirror poll on link I just posted Ed trailing 35 yes to 65 no
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/to ... an-5119212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
is this :

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 9h9 hours ago
Re FT story, Lab spksman: "misleading" to say Mandelson + @campbellclaret sounded out AJohnson. They were checking rumours + told false
Rumours that Mandelson and Campbell sounded out Alan Johnson for leadership are “false”, says Labour source
http://labourlist.org/2015/02/rumours-t ... ur-source/
... a party source has told LabourList that this story is untrue. Amid the reports of a formative leadership bid from the Home Secretary, which we were the first to reveal was untrue, both Mandelson and Campbell contacted Johnson to find out if the rumours were true: Johnson told them that they were not. “Peter and Alastair phoned Alan Johnson to ask if rumours were correct. They found out they were false. To call this “sounding out” is false and deliberately misleading”, our well-connected Labour source says.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
is this :

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 9h9 hours ago
Re FT story, Lab spksman: "misleading" to say Mandelson + @campbellclaret sounded out AJohnson. They were checking rumours + told false
Rumours that Mandelson and Campbell sounded out Alan Johnson for leadership are “false”, says Labour source
http://labourlist.org/2015/02/rumours-t ... ur-source/
... a party source has told LabourList that this story is untrue. Amid the reports of a formative leadership bid from the Home Secretary, which we were the first to reveal was untrue, both Mandelson and Campbell contacted Johnson to find out if the rumours were true: Johnson told them that they were not. “Peter and Alastair phoned Alan Johnson to ask if rumours were correct. They found out they were false. To call this “sounding out” is false and deliberately misleading”, our well-connected Labour source says.
Yep - I found it on front page of google news as top item in Mirror, thought it funny its what I'd just posted about here. :)
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RobertSnozers wrote:
mikems wrote:
“This independent assessment also puts paid to Ed Miliband’s myth that the reforms were about privatisation, and highlights why both the public and the health sector should be wary of Labour’s plans for upheaval and reorganisation”
A public servant said this. It's not just the NHS they've f****d up. Where's our independent civil service gone?
This is really depressing, bit sadly nothing new. A few weeks before the last London mayoral election, the head of TFL came out to rubbish something Labour had proposed. I posted on the Liveblog at the time that this was a clear breach of purdah. Andrew Sparrow took this up, and asked TfL why supposedly independent officers were openly supporting one candidate and attacking another during an election campaign.

I'm joking of course! The comment was deleted, as was the comment asking why it had been deleted.
It's Hunt's spokesman speaking, presumably the Spad. Not new, I don't think.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Rednorth wrote:Apologies for the earlier rants, folks, I'm at a pretty low ebb at the moment.
Sorry to hear that.

And I think there's definitely a benefits-cutting agenda in the mental health stuff. You're right.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

"Miliband’s Labour critics do not share his confidence. So much so that, last autumn, party grandees gauged whether they could stage a coup by toppling the leader and installing the popular former Labour home secretary Alan Johnson in his place. Miliband denied talk of a coup last November as “nonsense”. But the FT has learnt that two Labour grandees — Lord Mandelson, the former business secretary, and Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair’s former press chief — took soundings from Johnson to see whether he was prepared to take over. “Alan gave an emphatic No,” says one Labour MP. Another senior party figure claimed that at least 40 MPs supported the abortive coup — others claim far more. Johnson, a former postman, has discovered a new and less stressful life as an autho
FFS. The FT has lots of good stuff in but surely they must know someone can't just take over like that because the leader isn't chosen just by MPs.

Some plot if none of those forty (or far more) never get spotted.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Have we had UKIPs defence policy yet?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 30047.html

War with Spain, very retro Elizabethan.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jack of Kent ‏@JackofKent 16h16 hours ago
A tweet by a Coalition justice minister, @SimonHughesMP, who supported all the Legal Aid cuts " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Beyond words.
It is some tweet. So are the responses to it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Have we had UKIPs defence policy yet?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 30047.html

War with Spain, very retro Elizabethan.
Laying out his party’s priorities for Britain’s armed forces, he said Ukip would restrict the military to a “defence of the realm” role, along with protecting British business interests abroad and “defending our protectorates across the globe”.

Mr Hookem joined Ukip in 2009 after seeing “Eastern Europeans take jobs” from British workers on building sites. He admits he was “shocked” when, as the third name on the ballot, he was elected MEP for Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire in last year’s European elections.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

UKIP were on LBC earlier crying for democracy and freedom of speech. For them, not anyone who wants to speak out and protest against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing the footage, as by their description, the protest in Rotherham sounded like a war zone. The police must have been scared off not stepping in to protect them...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sanctioned man who stole to eat is jailed
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... ref=twtrec
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"See we told you they are all criminals"
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:"See we told you they are all criminals"
3 tins of casserole steak worth £12.60. 14 weeks in jail.

What era are we living in?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love you.
Goodnight.
JA
diGriz
Committee Chair

Post by diGriz »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
HindleA wrote:"See we told you they are all criminals"
3 tins of casserole steak worth £12.60. 14 weeks in jail.

What era are we living in?
14 weeks? Is that not about a four grand cost to the tax payer?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Off flow target at any cost.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Deleted
Last edited by HindleA on Sat 07 Feb, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Got a message from Ed:
Dear Dipstick,

This will be one of the hardest-fought, and certainly most important, General Elections in living memory.

At stake are not just the fortunes of our party but also the future of our families, our communities and our country too.

As we prepare to take our message street-by-street, house-by-house across Britain, I want us to gather one more time before parliament is dissolved and the General Election campaign begins.

On March 14, Labour is holding a special pre-election spring event for 1,500 of you at the ICC, Birmingham. Registration opens from 10am.

You will hear from me, from people of all walks of life, and from special guest speakers.

You will see the unveiling of our five election pledges to the people of Britain.

You will have the chance to put your questions directly to senior Labour politicians on the big policy questions facing the future of our country.

And you will be there, with your party, as we set out for what I believe will be an historic victory.

Best wishes,

Ed
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Jack of Kent ‏@JackofKent 16h16 hours ago
A tweet by a Coalition justice minister, @SimonHughesMP, who supported all the Legal Aid cuts " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Beyond words.
It is some tweet. So are the responses to it.
The best (scuse language): "In the immortal words of the Dalai Lama: "ooh, fuck you, you utter cunt". "