Monday 9th February 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 9th February 2015

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Thought others might like to know about and support this emerging group - got some good people on board - and doing good work.
Fox in Parliament
http://www.foxinparliament.com/

Welcome to Fox in Parliament, we are a pro Labour Political Animal lobby who are dedicated to fighting against cruelty to UK wildlife, especially blood sports. We started life as Support the Hunting Act (Ban) UK and then expanded to take on more issues. Though we are greatly supportive of the Labour Party, we are not affiliated in any way, although we do share the same values and aims.

We are hard hitting, we seldom hold back and we get noticed. Our opponents do not like us, but then we see being disliked by the blood sports lobby as a good thing. Our passion is our wildlife and securing greater fairness and protection for them is our main aim.

Some people tell us that animal welfare cannot be political. That it makes no difference which MPs people vote for as long as they care about stopping animal cruelty. Unfortunately, that is not the case. An individual MP may indeed be against animal cruelty. However unless the majority of MPs in his/her party feel the same way, they will not be able to enact the protection in law that our wildlife needs.

To secure existing animal welfare legislation, or to create new laws, you need a majority of MPs on your side. Throughout Labour party history it has always been Labour MPs who have gone the extra mile for our wildlife. The only safe vote for animals is a Labour vote.

If you are a Labour member or supporter, why not consider becoming a member of our lobby, it's just £10 a year. Check out the membership page.
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:The first HindlePoll of the week has:

Lab 60%
UKip 10 %
Green 20%
Don't know/what/baby noises 10%
Tory 0%

The survey was carried on in the afternoon of 9/2/2015 by asking every third person met on a walk,regardless of age (20)
:lol: That's my kind of poll HindleA - especially as there's no sign of anything yellow.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Oops.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Laura Pitel ‏@laurapitel 28m28 minutes ago
For sale to the highest bidder at Tory auction: a shoe-shopping trip with the Home Secretary, dinner Chez Gove, a jog with Nicky Morgan
I would need paying a very very large amount to participate in any of those activities with any of those people.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 7m 7 minutes ago
l'm beginning to wonder whether we could end up with a CON LAB coalition in order to block the SNP.

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 13m 13 minutes ago
Coming overnight new Scottish poll from TNS. In past month SNP leads have reached 28% - what will. TNS have?
Not helpful Mike ... that top comment not helpful at all.
Agree with you, RR2.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Alex Belardinelli ‏@abelardinelli 43m43 minutes ago
No government Minister available to go on The World at One, Channel 4 News or Newsnight to discuss the HSBC files handed to them in May 2010
They're all doing the chicken dance together somewhere.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
For sale to the highest bidder at Tory auction: a shoe-shopping trip with the Home Secretary, dinner Chez Gove, a jog with Nicky Morgan
I would need paying a very very large amount to participate in any of those activities with any of those people.
I'd pay not to have to go.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
I think dinner with Gove and his wife would be the worst - can you imagine the pontificating and the sibilant spin you'd have to endure? And he'd be eating as well. No, no, I couldn't do it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Welsh Labour Press ‏@WelshLabPress 33m33 minutes ago
Tory candidate for Cardiff North just called public service workers "donkeys" on @SharpendITV then tries to defend it as scrutiny...
I wasn't watching it ... that's some excuse - 'scrutiny', what the hell does that even mean in this context?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"I warned the Tories to shun tax dodgers. They wouldn’t listen"

Ian Birrell

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... h-creators

I just posted it for the headline.
Goof.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

JUNIOR DWP STAFFER TELLS IDS TRUTH ABOUT UNIVERSAL CREDIT TO HIS FACE
http://politicalscrapbook.net/2015/02/o ... -his-face/
:lol: Hope he's still got his job (the junior DWP staffer that is).
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

David Maddox ‏@DavidPBMaddox 3m3 minutes ago
10% lead for SNP in TNS poll looks good but given that Ipsos Mori 3 weeks ago had lead at 28% shows that Labour is quickly catching up
Hmmm have to see if I can find the poll results now.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Taylor James Scott ‏@TaylorJamesScot 47m47 minutes ago
Breaking: @theSNP Cllr Alan Beveridge in North Lanarkshire has quit the SNP tonight due to fears of intimidation
Message from Cllr Alan Beveridge.jpg
Message from Cllr Alan Beveridge.jpg (30.63 KiB) Viewed 10216 times
Message from Cllr Alan Beveridge_2.jpg
Message from Cllr Alan Beveridge_2.jpg (19.05 KiB) Viewed 10216 times
One of the perils of fast, dynamic 'surges' ... a lot of stuff comes along with it.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Latest Scottish Westminster poll (TNS-BMRB | 14 Jan - 02 Feb):
SNP - 41%
LAB - 31%
CON - 16%
GRN - 6%
LDEM - 4%
UKIP - 2%
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Labour gets £250,000 General Election boost from green energy firm as Tory 'anti-business' jibes are exposed

:D :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/la ... on-5135302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Cooper QC tweeted that after watching Panorama tonight, he is firmly now on Team Ed :D
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:Latest Scottish Westminster poll (TNS-BMRB | 14 Jan - 02 Feb):
SNP - 41%
LAB - 31%
CON - 16%
GRN - 6%
LDEM - 4%
UKIP - 2%
Brilliant HindleA. Now where did you find it? I couldn't see it anywhere.

Lib Dems and UKIP not looking good ... not good at all.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

BritainElects tweet.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: I would need paying a very very large amount to participate in any of those activities with any of those people.
I think dinner with Gove and his wife would be the worst - can you imagine the pontificating and the sibilant spin you'd have to endure? And he'd be eating as well. No, no, I couldn't do it.

:lol:
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 7m 7 minutes ago
l'm beginning to wonder whether we could end up with a CON LAB coalition in order to block the SNP.

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 13m 13 minutes ago
Coming overnight new Scottish poll from TNS. In past month SNP leads have reached 28% - what will. TNS have?
Not helpful Mike ... that top comment not helpful at all.
He's an arsehole. Ignore him.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

AngryAsWell wrote:Dr Éoin Clarke ‏@LabourEoin · 1 hr1 hour ago
Dude just featured in Panorama Tax Dodging Show last week warned he might emigrate to France if Ed Miliband became PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ister.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …
Cool, I'll be happy to kick him into the harbour.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, friends
good company here today
love
JA
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

I'm staggered that the HSBC tax dodging is only given a front page by the Graun.

Major story like this being ignored by the RW press just shows how hard Labour are having to work just to be heard.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Thought others might like to know about and support this emerging group - got some good people on board - and doing good work.
Fox in Parliament
http://www.foxinparliament.com/

Welcome to Fox in Parliament, we are a pro Labour Political Animal lobby who are dedicated to fighting against cruelty to UK wildlife, especially blood sports. We started life as Support the Hunting Act (Ban) UK and then expanded to take on more issues. Though we are greatly supportive of the Labour Party, we are not affiliated in any way, although we do share the same values and aims.

We are hard hitting, we seldom hold back and we get noticed. Our opponents do not like us, but then we see being disliked by the blood sports lobby as a good thing. Our passion is our wildlife and securing greater fairness and protection for them is our main aim.

Some people tell us that animal welfare cannot be political. That it makes no difference which MPs people vote for as long as they care about stopping animal cruelty. Unfortunately, that is not the case. An individual MP may indeed be against animal cruelty. However unless the majority of MPs in his/her party feel the same way, they will not be able to enact the protection in law that our wildlife needs.

To secure existing animal welfare legislation, or to create new laws, you need a majority of MPs on your side. Throughout Labour party history it has always been Labour MPs who have gone the extra mile for our wildlife. The only safe vote for animals is a Labour vote.

If you are a Labour member or supporter, why not consider becoming a member of our lobby, it's just £10 a year. Check out the membership page.
Emailed them to suggest a reciprocal relationship - if you lot see sites like that, then I'd be OK with you putting the FTN address out there. I can't speak for Dan and Paul, but I'd be surprised if they felt otherwise (please confirm one way or the other chaps!).
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
SNP - 41%
LAB - 31%
CON - 16%
GRN - 6%
LDEM - 4%
UKIP - 2%

For a start, outside England UKIP has no purchase. I would dearly like to see Clegg lose his seat and in the nations (that's the nations other than England who joyfully and enormously usefully do have anti-austerity parties) more votes there. To hold the bankers to account which to date we seem to wilfully think no-one should. Under Brown and under Balls the bankers fooked us. There ain't no getting away from that. I live in a seat that the very honourable Paul Murphy represented but if they parachute in anyone to this safe seat who does not know it and love it as I do, I'm going anti-austerity Plaid. This time I will break the habit of my Labour voting lifetime if I think they're doing their best honestly for those always left behind and our "safe seat" candidate isn't. Politics has lost its honesty. That is the problem.

I now expect to be expelled from the site. My hymn sheet only has honesty, not dogma.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Ahhh, the perils of printing leaflets before they've been proof-read. :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4-brstCcAIPS6W.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

51A wrote: I now expect to be expelled from the site. My hymn sheet only has honesty, not dogma.
I'm hoping that's a rather poor joke & not a serious remark.....
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

pk1 wrote:I'm staggered that the HSBC tax dodging is only given a front page by the Graun.

Major story like this being ignored by the RW press just shows how hard Labour are having to work just to be heard.
Can we please stop talking like Labour fought the banks off. It just didn't, they just wore different coloured ties and cronied up all the same. Can we remember it re-branded as "New Labour" and was just as complicit.

Now, if you folks here know about anything that Labour did to get back to its old values, the ones I always voted for, can you please tell me? Because it seems to me like it's still run by the elite. What am I missing? I live if freaking Torfaen, one of the most deprived areas in the UK. And I was born in Yorkshire, bits of which are another one.

I only lived a comfortable life when I played the game and lived in South-East England. Too many people live in South-East England, we can't all. Many of us don't even want to but that doesn't mean to say we don't want to play the game.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

51A wrote:
pk1 wrote:I'm staggered that the HSBC tax dodging is only given a front page by the Graun.

Can we please stop talking like Labour fought the banks off. It just didn't, they just wore different coloured ties and cronied up all the same. Can we remember it re-branded as "New Labour" and was just as complicit.

Now, if you folks here know about anything that Labour did to get back to its old values, the ones I always voted for, can you please tell me? Because it seems to me like it's still run by the elite. What am I missing? I live if freaking Torfaen, one of the most deprived areas in the UK. And I was born in Yorkshire, bits of which are another one.

I only lived a comfortable life when I played the game and lived in South-East England. Too many people live in South-East England, we can't all. Many of us don't even want to but that doesn't mean to say we don't want to play the game.
Can you point me to any of my comments where I have suggested Labour 'fought the banks off' ?

It may not suit you personally but this is a huge story with something like 78 billion pounds hidden from HMRC & that amount of money would have had a massive effect on reducing the UKs deficit.

Doesn't it bother you that the press don't want to print it ? It reminds me of the phone hacking scandal that the same RW press refused to print until Millie Dowler's phone was hacked & the Graun exposed it.

It's late, I'm tired & I have better things to do than argue the toss.

Goodnight, all.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

51A wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
SNP - 41%
LAB - 31%
CON - 16%
GRN - 6%
LDEM - 4%
UKIP - 2%

For a start, outside England UKIP has no purchase. I would dearly like to see Clegg lose his seat and in the nations (that's the nations other than England who joyfully and enormously usefully do have anti-austerity parties) more votes there. To hold the bankers to account which to date we seem to wilfully think no-one should. Under Brown and under Balls the bankers fooked us. There ain't no getting away from that. I live in a seat that the very honourable Paul Murphy represented but if they parachute in anyone to this safe seat who does not know it and love it as I do, I'm going anti-austerity Plaid. This time I will break the habit of my Labour voting lifetime if I think they're doing their best honestly for those always left behind and our "safe seat" candidate isn't. Politics has lost its honesty. That is the problem.

I now expect to be expelled from the site. My hymn sheet only has honesty, not dogma.
No that's cool. You're pissed off, and I am having a wretched piece of Progress shite as my PPC. In the round though, it means MPs' bums on seats, and we need more than the orcs. If you think Plaid can be trusted, go thither. If not, well, you're running out of choices.

And, no, you're not going to get run off FTN. This isn't the fucking Guardian.
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

pk1 wrote:
51A wrote: I now expect to be expelled from the site. My hymn sheet only has honesty, not dogma.
I'm hoping that's a rather poor joke & not a serious remark.....
Not a joke. But I did feel rather brave posting a remark even questioning Labour. And I am getting on a bit, for many years I was a Labour Party member. Resigned when they continued tuition fees and student loans, so almost 20 years ago. And then got very glad I was no longer a member when Blair set out on the privatisation of the NHS, continued to let the bankers run amok, introduce Atos. From a very late night party May 1 1997 I have only seen decline and enormous disappointment. Forgive me for not trusting the party I have put a lifetime's trust in, although to this date I have always voted and always voted Labour. Be assured, I will never vote Tory or Lib Dem but in this very, very deprived community who also wouldn't vote for those parties, I will vote anti-austerity because it really can take no more austerity. If I believe that's Labour on the day, then I won't change the habit of a lifetime. But if I think things can be shaken up as they should be then I'll do that. Things really are changing from the 2 horse-race. Clegg did that, but not in the way he hoped for, I think.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

51A wrote:

Alright. I live in the north west of England and whilst I've probably not seen the horrors of Tory rule that you have, I have seen it through over 30 years of neoliberalism and laissez faire towards the NotSouth. I fucking get it, in case you need further enlightenment.

I know what the south and south east is like - it is infested with Tories who refuse to even acknowledge that there's another nation out there, in the same way that you allude to being in a place that's so poor it barely exists economically.

We have a choice: get pissed off and argue amongst ourselves or organise and change stuff. It comes down to that. Want to change stuff? Go and argue the case on the doorstep, house by house, and with every house that tells you to fuck off, curse them to hell, as that's where they're consigning everyone else, the fucking bastards.

You might have guessed that I'm no great friend of the Tories.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs

You sure?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

HindleA wrote:This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs

You sure?
Where the fuck did that come from? That isn't an FTN thing - there's no swearing whatsoever involved. Clearly a fucking fake.
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
51A wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote: Brilliant HindleA. Now where did you find it? I couldn't see it anywhere.

No that's cool. You're pissed off, and I am having a wretched piece of Progress shite as my PPC. In the round though, it means MPs' bums on seats, and we need more than the orcs. If you think Plaid can be trusted, go thither. If not, well, you're running out of choices.

And, no, you're not going to get run off FTN. This isn't the fucking Guardian.
Ernst, I am, I really am, as you say "pissed off". I listen a lot to R4 and World Service. We have not had honesty at the heart of the UK for a very long time. That fooks me off. I want better and I deserve better. I trust and like my Labour MP who is due to stand down at the next election. If he was standing again my vote would be his without question. But that's because he was born here and lives here and if you walk down Pontypool high street (and why would you, few shops open, few jobs) of a Friday lunchtime you'll bump into him and his entourage (who usually number about 2). Great bloke. no problem with him, emailed him to say sorry he was going, emailed me back to thank me. sort of bloke he is.

But we won't even get the list open until March (at least its open and not all women, as a woman I hate that). But a little too close to the "big day". And anyway, I ceased to be a party member years ago. But I want someone who lives here and knows it. Blimey I'd hate to live in Doncaster, where I have family I've not seen in decades (Mexborough, Auntie Jean, Uncle Arthur, cousins J*anie, Frank and another one), cousins of my dad's who made it out.

But I went straight back in. To a constituency like Torfaen, not Monmouth where my dad made it to, its far poorer little brother.

I don't think those few miles should make this much difference.

Which is why I won't do dogma, I need to to realism and pragmatism. We'll go Labour again, and tbh, I can't imagine making my mark on any other bit of the the paper. But it has to be real Labour. I fooking hate tories in red ties.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
HindleA wrote:The first HindlePoll of the week has:

Lab 60%
UKip 10 %
Green 20%
Don't know/what/baby noises 10%
Tory 0%

The survey was carried on in the afternoon of 9/2/2015 by asking every third person met on a walk,regardless of age (20)
:lol: That's my kind of poll HindleA - especially as there's no sign of anything yellow.
My kind of poll, too. I like the methodology and, particularly, the inclusion of future voters.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...