Wednesday 18th February 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 18th February 2015

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:
Couple forced to live apart after 65 YEARS because of savage care cuts
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/co ... er-5186412
Very sad story - and will get all the more common if we don't sort out the ludicrous divisions between health and social care provision and spending. Wasting a huge amount of the health budget with this poor lady stuck in hospital ... for the sake of far less money to provide the necessary home care. Not to mention the terrible denial of human rights here ... yes, I consider it that bad ... denial of the right to family life.
Just remember - if the local council don't have the funding to keep that couple together, the blame lies in London with Cameron. Never forget. Never forgive.
Yep.
Cuts sub-contracted, so he can make a bullshit promise about protecting the NHS.

Luckily media in 2010 didn't ask him about all the other stuff affecting NHS demand.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index. ... t-weekend/
The mystery of the second ICM poll that was carried out last weekend
In a god damned Tory pub.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

citizenJA wrote:"Today, turning to the European crisis, the crisis in the United States and the long-term stagnation of Japanese capitalism, most commentators fail to appreciate the dialectical process under their nose. They recognise the mountain of debts and banking losses but neglect the opposite side of the same coin: the mountain of idle savings that are “frozen” by fear and thus fail to convert into productive investments. A Marxist alertness to binary oppositions might have opened their eyes."

- Yanis Varoufakis
I tell you what, I would rate our chances in the UK an awful lot higher if that bloke was in charge of our exchequer, instead of the wanker we've got. I think Greece has got it right. The climb out of imposed austerity will be painful - for the owning classes; for ordinary Greeks, this could well be the escape route. If the EU intervene to scupper this, then shame on them. Austerity was never really needed - another capitalist myth. Fancy giving private banks billions of our money without guarantees? That's what happened. I'd have put the fucking lot into public ownership.

(Edited, cos I'm well tired and used 'privatised' when I meant the stellar opposite. How embarrassing.....)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Phone polls like this one don’t come cheaply. They’re not the sort of thing that a party or organisation that’s strapped for resources can be commissioning. My feeling is that it must have been linked to the Conservative machine. If I am right then the person who knows better than anybody whether the ICM Guardian poll was an outlier or not is Lynton Crosby.

Meanwhile we know from the other polls that were carried out at the same time and later that there has yet to be corroboration for the CON surge that ICM found.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Ernst, the incinerator went through, I think. Appeal to Pickles is pointless, isn't it?
If it went through, then it's game set and match. If not, Eric will ensure it goes through.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
citizenJA wrote:"Today, turning to the European crisis, the crisis in the United States and the long-term stagnation of Japanese capitalism, most commentators fail to appreciate the dialectical process under their nose. They recognise the mountain of debts and banking losses but neglect the opposite side of the same coin: the mountain of idle savings that are “frozen” by fear and thus fail to convert into productive investments. A Marxist alertness to binary oppositions might have opened their eyes."

- Yanis Varoufakis
I tell you what, I would rate our chances in the UK an awful lot higher if that bloke was in charge of our exchequer, instead of the wanker we've got. I think Greece has got it right. The climb out of imposed austerity will be painful - for the owning classes; for ordinary Greeks, this could well be the escape route. If the EU intervene to scupper this, then shame on them. Austerity was never really needed - another capitalist myth. Fancy giving private banks billions of our money without guarantees? That's what happened. I'd have privatised the fucking lot.
Given that the two biggest EU nations are Greece's big creditors, and they have between them 13 times the population of Greece, would it really be "shameful" to take a hard line with Greece?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ErnstRemarx wrote:

- Yanis Varoufakis
I tell you what, I would rate our chances in the UK an awful lot higher if that bloke was in charge of our exchequer, instead of the wanker we've got. I think Greece has got it right. The climb out of imposed austerity will be painful - for the owning classes; for ordinary Greeks, this could well be the escape route. If the EU intervene to scupper this, then shame on them. Austerity was never really needed - another capitalist myth. Fancy giving private banks billions of our money without guarantees? That's what happened. I'd have privatised the fucking lot.
Yeah, I get right riled thinking of the human being who've had to suffer for an ideological exercise. 'Forgive them, they know not what they do' I'm tired. But happy. It's been a good few days here.

We'll have to sort this out peacefully or people will get hurt. People need investigating by some auditors we can more or less trust. Justice isn't too much to ask for. Let's breathe. It's not okay to make off with national infrastructure, for example. Okay. That comes back & there may be some confinement of infrastructure thieves. We can do that safely, justly.

Then we get to play more often than we scramble to find make a living out of a zero-hours contract.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

...thinking of the human beings who've had to suffer...I'm sorry for my grammar

I love you all
xx
JA
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Now they're coming for the temporarily sick. This is the main story on the front of tomorrow's Times:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (112.68 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:

- Yanis Varoufakis
Given that the two biggest EU nations are Greece's big creditors, and they have between them 13 times the population of Greece, would it really be "shameful" to take a hard line with Greece?
In my view yes.

The EU trashed Greece by dithering. In reality they did this to give their banks time to reduce their exposure to any haircut.

Now Greece is running huge surpluses, but its people have no healthcare and the suicide rate is horrendous.

The deal should be to write off some of the debt (a good chunk of which the EU caused) and to reduce the interest payments to sensible levels.

Greece has a new discipline, they may not privatise everything but they will collect taxes and they will run a surplus. Call it a win, do the same for Portugal, Spain and Italy; see growth return.
Release the Guardvarks.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Payment by results?!

How on earth can a supposedly neutral assessment be paid on that basis.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... unications" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Civil Liberties Coalition!
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Payment by results?!

How on earth can a supposedly neutral assessment be paid on that basis.
And what a payment at that ! £34m a year for telling people they are fit for work - nope, can't see any kind of problem with that......:roll:
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

TechnicalEphemera wrote: In my view yes.

The EU trashed Greece by dithering. In reality they did this to give their banks time to reduce their exposure to any haircut.

Now Greece is running huge surpluses, but its people have no healthcare and the suicide rate is horrendous.

The deal should be to write off some of the debt (a good chunk of which the EU caused) and to reduce the interest payments to sensible levels.

Greece has a new discipline, they may not privatise everything but they will collect taxes and they will run a surplus. Call it a win, do the same for Portugal, Spain and Italy; see growth return.
Spain and Italy don't owe money to other EU members, do they?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Anyhow, night?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Fuck off with the languishing line ,bastards. This time ,please give me discretion not to apologise for swearing.I rarely do and it is appropriate.Evil twunts is correct.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2015/feb ... se-victims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Legal aid cuts exposing domestic abuse victims to court ordeal, says report
Citizens Advice says victims may face being cross-examined by their abuser because they have to represent themselves in court"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Finally found Cameron's speech about carers,the the Telegraoh further confused things.Have written to him regarding the blatent lie about UC,complete with signed confirmation from one of his Ministers that it is.I don't care if the "numbers are deemed insignificant"it is a lie.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Oh and a list of how other policies have actively penalised the "amazing".