Saturday, 21st & Sunday 22nd Feb

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday, 21st & Sunday 22nd Feb

Post by HindleA »

FWIW.

It may depend on where the farms are,many mining areas are/ were semi rural ,a sort of mutual awareness of each others concerns and shared community interest.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:What a bizarre piece

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... servatives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

labour-john-prescott-election-miliband-conservatives
It is bizarre Prescott has been brought in for the climate change negotiation following his experience at Koto

"His abilities and experience, as one of the architects of the Kyoto protocol in 1997, must be used at this critical time for our future and there is no one better than John at bashing heads together to get a deal.”
Announcing his acceptance of the position, Prescott said: “My brief is to raise ambition on this crucial issue and I am proud to help the man I hope will be the next prime minister so that together we can help the next generation.”
As the other article I posted earlier (written by Ed and also in the G) clearly states.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... l-security" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

HindleA wrote:FWIW.

It may depend on where the farms are,many mining areas are/ were semi rural ,a sort of mutual awareness of each others concerns and shared community interest.
Its in Congleton, a constituency that’s strongly Tory.
The amazing thing is they found out at the meeting that their daughters have the same rare genetic condition. Its just a rather nice storey.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Well Booker's still at the DT.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/1142 ... mills.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Article about BBC missing stuff out about a windfarm (we're not told where they missed it).

Unfortunately, Booker forgets to tell his readers is the developer hasn't yet decided it's going ahead.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

What ever the truth is in this sad story I sincerely hope she is getting the support and help needed for the cause of her problems are.
"Karen Danczuk's mother says that many of her daughter’s memories are ‘a figment of her imagination’"

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-fe ... magination" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Guardian lying!
an Opinium/Observer poll shows that the Conservatives have edged ahead of Labour for the first time in three years, apparently confirming a trend seen in other polls in recent weeks.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... servatives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

That her (KD's) family didn't know about it, doesn't by itself mean it didn't happen.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

No comments allowed on that story with the lie in it.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:That her (KD's) family didn't know about it, doesn't by itself mean it didn't happen.
And it would be consistent with her otherwise ludicrous compulsion to advertise her sexuality at every moment, as a reclaiming control exercise.
The truth ferret speaks!
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

That's Daniel Boffey lying again. No comments allowed even though headline story.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:That her (KD's) family didn't know about it, doesn't by itself mean it didn't happen.
Not for a second saying that AK, not at all.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:No comments allowed on that story with the lie in it.
I wonder who is sponsering that load of old tripe? All that money the Tories have been collecting has to be spent on something.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Guardian lying!
an Opinium/Observer poll shows that the Conservatives have edged ahead of Labour for the first time in three years, apparently confirming a trend seen in other polls in recent weeks.
Well they've got to big up the Graun's own poll, haven't they :roll: :D

(even though anyone who had any doubts only had to look at that ICM survey's gender split to see it was a screamingly obvious outlier)
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

51A wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Spacedone wrote:Austin Mitchell doing his best to sabotage Labour in Grimsby...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 61754.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One retiree who won't be missed.
Sad really, he's still there. He is 80, I don't think he knows what he's saying. I remember him presenting Calendar, a YTV programme that came on at tea-time. I always liked him, he was avuncular, comfortable. I was glad he got his seat, back in the day. I get very cross with former Labour folks having a go at Ed or policies that are more radical than anything they would dare propose, but Austin, I don't think he meant harm.
I'll accept that he wasn't aiming to put the boot in unlike some others we could all name but could he has said anything that could be more monumentally idiotic? In their campaigning UKIP are smearing the whole Labour Party and every candidate because of the inaction of councillors in Rotherham etc and he gifts them a quote that allows them to keep doing it and look like they're the reasonable ones at the same time! :wall:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Has someone already done this?
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 1h1 hour ago
Tonight's YouGov sees LAB still in lead CON 33%, LAB 34%, LD 8%, UKIP 13%, GRN 6%.
Not to worry if they have. People will be jumping on and off this board in all sorts of places - just like a trusty Routemaster bus.
Working on the wild side.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:Went out earlier doorknocking Ramsbottom. Much improved local reception from last year (the AD plant) and the odd convert coming through, which was nice. The weather was pretty awful - snow, hail, very cold indeed - but the reception was warmer than I'd anticipated, including a noce old fellah who'd voted UKIP last, but wasn't going to this time. His voting history was pretty much Tory, but we warmed to each other rather well, and he told me that he couldn't believe a Labour member could be so polite and well educated (I said thanks, in case you're wondering...). By the time I'd finished with him, he has telling me he was going to vote Labour. Just goes to show.
That's a nice story Ernst - makes enduring the weather sound well worthwhile. I've found myself thinking that Ed Miliband's 4 million conversations plan isn't just slogan and spin. It actually reflects what's going on - and what needed to go on. It's also proving ridiculously incentivising for our little groups of foot soldiers. We always finish off our rounds with a count up of conversations now - and give ourselves a pat on the back when we've done well against our targets or just well in the circumstances (gale force winds - hills you could ski down and the like). Apparently we're doing well in the overall seats stakes as well ... not going to say where we rank ... but it's good. Little smug emoticon here.
I was out with 3 others (knocking) plus someone on the board. The Rammy councillor - Luis, mum of Lisa Nandy - reckoned it was the best she'd had this year. I couldn't comment, but apart from one guy who blamed the last Labour government for cockups at HMRC (not really a party political thing, as I pointed out) and a very rude kipper woman it was pleasant round. the UKIP voter was ex Tory, so she can fuck off and take her Alex Ferguson sense of self entitlement and stuff it up her arse, as far as I concerned, along with her very evident paranoia and racism. The universal franchise is not an un sullied blessing, let me tell you.

On the bright side, City thrashed Toon five nil, ManU lost, Chelski drew and MsRemarx has booked us three in for two weeks in Tingaki on Kos come July. Yes, I know Tingaki is about as authentically Greek as Welsh halloumi, but I don't give a fuck. It's the weebundle's first ever two week, foreign, run about, go mad, hot as hell, why don't they speak English, mummy?, that's German/Greek, petal, let it all go, be amazed, sharp intake of breath on the door out of the plane - whoa!? what's this??, god, I'm hot, god I'm, coachsick, mummy and daddy beating their heads against the wall until she falls asleep in our arms, mia boukali kokkini/aspro (delete as appropriate), roast your bollocks off, come home jetlagged, slump on the carpet at 3pm and sleep until 8 summer holiday.

Not bad for a kid taken into care because of the concerns of the local Police over her safety. She's safe now.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:Went out earlier doorknocking Ramsbottom. Much improved local reception from last year (the AD plant) and the odd convert coming through, which was nice. The weather was pretty awful - snow, hail, very cold indeed - but the reception was warmer than I'd anticipated, including a noce old fellah who'd voted UKIP last, but wasn't going to this time. His voting history was pretty much Tory, but we warmed to each other rather well, and he told me that he couldn't believe a Labour member could be so polite and well educated (I said thanks, in case you're wondering...). By the time I'd finished with him, he has telling me he was going to vote Labour. Just goes to show.
Although I'm in a safe Labour seat the ward I'm in is deeply Tory. Yet I'm finding attitudes have changed over the last 12 months in particular. People who changed the car regularly and had 2 decent holidays a year are no longer doing so, and they blame the Tory's for the lack of reddies, openly calling them "not proper Conservatives". One neighbour who has not spoken to me since I put a labour poster up 20 odd years ago broke the silence last week telling me "we need your lot back to sort out all the bloody mess this lot have made". Neither are interested in Kippery so I do wonder were their votes will go.
This is why I simply don't trust the polls, I don't know who they are asking but whoever they are they don't seem representative of the people I bump into.
I do hope you're right AAW. It's very difficult to know what information, if any, to consider reliable. People we bump into probably isn't that representative a sample ... but it might not be that dissimilar from some of the polls if they are still relying on Sun and other readerships to categorize people / samples.
We knock on all doors, not just known Labour voters. We see a pattern. It may not be enough for an absolute majority, but I suspect it's enough for a Labour minority government.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

AngryAsWell wrote:One for Ernst (although maybe a bit far down the road for you?)
Ladies... suffragettes at Heaton Park.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll put it in me diary! It's Bury South, and I've door knocked down that way - far fewer Tories than in the north of the borough, I'm happy to say. It used to be serious FibDem territory, but since they decided to commit electoral suicide, they've lost all but one councillor out of about 9 or 10. Spectacular stuff, and the only reason they remain in the game is because they're quite savvy at social meeja and (importantly) fucking minted since some daft bastard left them a house in his will which they sold and which bankrolls their expenses. Even the local Tories must be envious!
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

AngryAsWell wrote:An amazing thing happened on a day at a farm….

"Now, it’s not an obvious thing for a Labour candidate to go and meet farmers in a constituency that’s strongly Tory and I was fully expecting a seriously hard time. I was however, very keen to go; mainly to listen and understand what the issues are but secondly, because I don’t believe the myth that all farmers are Tories and that the Labour Party doesn’t have a lot to offer rural communities."

http://darrenpricelabour.co.uk/2015/02/ ... at-a-farm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's a seriously nice piece, and I think it chimes with what I said previously. People never cease to amaze me, either by their obtuseness or else by their generosity of spirit. Like the proverbail box of chocolates, you don't know what you'll get next, so that next door might be the most frightful UKIP xenophobic harridan, or it might (like one of my knock ons today) be a senior Unite rep with whom I could have spent all day.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

ErnstRemarx wrote:Alex Ferguson sense of self entitlement
That will be the Labour Party member and donor, Alex Ferguson will it ?

It's one thing to abuse the most successful football manager ever for the club he was at but to use it as the basis for an attack on a fellow member of the party is a step too far, imo.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

pk1 wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:Alex Ferguson sense of self entitlement
That will be the Labour Party member and donor, Alex Ferguson will it ?

It's one thing to abuse the most successful football manager ever for the club he was at but to use it as the basis for an attack on a fellow member of the party is a step too far, imo.
Come now, I know he's a fellow lefty, but I think he harmed the game and ManU by his belligerant attitude. It wasn't a susprise when under Moyse United started shipping penalties at Old Trafford (gasp). That just didn't happen under SAF, because he'd go off on one. I know what the man's like, and, yes, he's a great football manager, but never let that delude you into the idea that he wasn't a bully, because he was (Glasgow shipyard upbringing) and had to be (primadonna management) to succeed.

I commend his loyalty to Labour, but it doesn't mean that I have to like what he and other managers did within and to the PL. Hope that's more clear.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

You made a direct association with Sir Alex and a "very rude kipper woman" who happened to be an ex-Tory.

If the same connection had been made with an ex-manager of the team you support you would have been annoyed.

You commend his loyalty to Labour - gee, that's big of you.

That Sir Alex is an ardent Labour Party member makes your charge even worse in my eyes. You both allegedly want a Labour govt.

If you can't see why Man Utd fans would find that offensive then I can't help you.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

pk1 wrote:You made a direct association with Sir Alex and a "very rude kipper woman" who happened to be an ex-Tory.

If the same connection had been made with an ex-manager of the team you support you would have been annoyed.

That Sir Alex is an ardent Labour Party member makes your charge even worse in my eyes. You both allegedly want a Labour govt.

If you can't see why Man Utd fans would find that offensive then I can't help you.
No, I said a sense of self entitlement that would be more approriate to SAF. Read what I read and then follow it on. I did not, at any time equate Manu or SAF to UKIP. I woudn't becuase it'd be quite untrue. I simply said that a voter in the area felt massively self entitled. She mentioned 'them' and 'not born here'. I don't think SAF would do that, would he? There is no direct comparison or correlation. I'm sorry if you've taken this the wrong way, but the above is where it's at. Are we sorted?

On edit: I think that SAF would have invoked many things to keep Utd winning, but racism, xenophobia and sexism were off the table. He hated referees and the FA - - does that make it clearer?
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB 8h8 hours ago

Funny this. Only polls showing CON leads are those published by Guardian (ICM) & its sister paper the Observer (Opinium)
Hilarious.
Geoffrey Manboob
Backbencher

Post by Geoffrey Manboob »

I went to see David Here's the absence of war last. Absolutely superb and as poignant today as it ever was. I can understand why they have redone it completely unchanged, so much rings true with today and the current labour leadership. I believe it is going to tour nationally and id recommend going to see it if you get the chance. So many memories of 1992 come back and so many mistakes still being made today.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Rather an excellent cartoon by Chris Riddell on the bishops' letter to voters, Uncle Screwtape writes a letter of admiration to 'Dear Dave':

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -the-devil
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

Gillian Duffy: I’m backing Ed Miliband and Labour
The Rochdale woman who helped end Gordon Brown’s election chances in 2010 returns to party fold

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... rdon-brown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gillian Duffy, the pensioner who helped torpedo Gordon Brown’s re-election chances, has vowed: “I’m voting Labour. I want a Labour government and to get behind Ed Miliband as our leader.”

Duffy appeared to be flirting with Ukip last year, when she insisted that Labour needed a “straight-talking leader” who was comfortable with drinking a pint if it wanted to reconnect with working-class voters. She had said in an interview in May that Miliband was a “privileged” career politician who lacked the authenticity of Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader.
My guess is this isn't the answer Daniel Boffrey was hoping for but never mind he can still use it to say that Labour has an immigration problem.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

D Alexander clams the LD's could gain more seats.

Far too early for such hilarity, give us a chance to wake up FFS.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 62056.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: Was going to comment but I've got to run for a bus. See you later all. ;)
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

AngryAsWell wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:What a bizarre piece

labour-john-prescott-election-miliband-conservatives
It is bizarre Prescott has been brought in for the climate change negotiation following his experience at Koto

"His abilities and experience, as one of the architects of the Kyoto protocol in 1997, must be used at this critical time for our future and there is no one better than John at bashing heads together to get a deal.”
Announcing his acceptance of the position, Prescott said: “My brief is to raise ambition on this crucial issue and I am proud to help the man I hope will be the next prime minister so that together we can help the next generation.”
As the other article I posted earlier (written by Ed and also in the G) clearly states.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... l-security" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well at least nobody can accuse him of being a Blairite .... plenty of other things maybe, but not that. A bit of Prescott robustness could be just what is needed about now.

Morning all.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Spacedone wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 62056.html

Edit: Was going to comment but I've got to run for a bus. See you later all. ;)
Crosby recycling his old Australian campaign nasties doesn't surprise me at all. If they'd had any really good creative positive campaign ideas surely we'd have seen some evidence of them by now? We've had bingo and beer, the German austerity road with potholes airbrushed out, and the Tories worst nightmare of Miliband and PM with Salmond alongside .... who, just who do they think any of that is going to impress?

A Crosby / Shapps combo seems a recipe for crass, unpleasant tripe .... imagine a W1 type drama set in a creative agency with those two in charge.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sturgeon calls for SNP pre-general election civil service talks
http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/311 ... um=twitter
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tim Montgomerie ن ‏@montie 23m23 minutes ago
Bit unfair to say Labour talking about climate change now because of Green surge. May explain timing but Miliband is genuinely, deeply green
Thank you Tim.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

letsskiptotheleft wrote:D Alexander clams the LD's could gain more seats.

Far too early for such hilarity, give us a chance to wake up FFS.
They have a chance (no more than that) of gaining two Tory constituencies - Oxford W/Abingdon and Watford.

It was his claim they could hold all their existing seats that was genuinely hilarious :lol:
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
This close to the general election, it’s better to be lucky than right (Guardian)
Good read, as is usually the case, from William Keegan (who is, incidentally, plugging his book).

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... -coalition

(I hope the various poorly pets (eg Musica) are as well as can be expected. Thinking of them and their humans.)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TV bosses raise stakes in Election debate row: Lots to be drawn to decide scheduling order for three confrontations (but will they ever actually take place?)
BBC, ITV and Sky/Channel 4 team will draw lots to decide scheduling order
They want three proposed TV confrontations between the party leaders
Intend to show debates in the six weeks leading up to the May Election
But there is speculation that the debates may never be screened because of squabbling between the rival parties and the broadcasters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-row.html
The Prime Minister has complained that the debates are too close to polling day, Mr Clegg says it is unfair to exclude him from the Cameron versus Miliband showdown and Mr Miliband is worried that allowing Scottish Nationalist Party leader Nicola Sturgeon to take part in two of the debates is a major threat to Labour’s fading hopes north of the border.
The bit in bold is pure surmise. I haven't seen any quotes from Miliband to that effect - or from his advisors or spokespeople. Whereas we know that Cameron has complained about the dates of the debate - and Clegg has complained about not being included in the head to head with Cameron. Miliband has consistently said he will debate whoever the broadcasters decide should be in the debates. But rather than report what he has actually said - the Mail report that 'he is worried'. It's pathetic stuff.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sturgeon certainly has her strengths, but I wonder if she is as much as natural for debates as Salmond undoubtedly is?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... d-mitchell
now the Tories, in fear of losing votes, are lining up their own focuses of culpability – people very unlikely to vote Conservative, if they vote at all, who can consequently be alienated without electoral cost – and eagerly listing the nasty things a Tory government would do to them.

This might be an effective way of garnering votes, but it’s hardly statesmanlike. It’s surely not a political technique that any of us, including those inclined to resent benefit claimants, are proud to see from our leaders.
What infuriates me about critics of the letter is that, rather than simply disagreeing with its contents, they take issue with the fact that it was written at all. Bishops should not comment on this sort of thing, they reckon. On wealth and poverty, on how our communities are governed, on right and wrong. It’s fine for Russell Brand, but not for the leaders of our established church – that’s apparently the Tory view now. They should just smile and nod like the Queen, while hell breaks out around them.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Graham Jones ‏@GrahamJones_MP 27m27 minutes ago
Upset about the despicable actions of some cruel people 2 homeless Johno last night. Trying to trace him make sure he's ok. Any info helpful

Graham Jones ‏@GrahamJones_MP 3m3 minutes ago
Just been around the tax office. No sign of Johnno. Any info would be gratefully appreciated.
mbc1955
Lord Chancellor
Location: Stockport, Great Manchester in body, the Lake District at heart

Post by mbc1955 »

LadyCentauria wrote:Rather an excellent cartoon by Chris Riddell on the bishops' letter to voters, Uncle Screwtape writes a letter of admiration to 'Dear Dave':

I don't usually praise any contemporary cartoonist who isn't Martin Rowson, because he's so far out in front, the rest simply can't keep up, but this cartoon by Chris Riddell is right in the mathematical centre of the bulls-eye. A massive step-up: be proud, Mr R.
The truth ferret speaks!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

gilsey wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... d-mitchell
now the Tories, in fear of losing votes, are lining up their own focuses of culpability – people very unlikely to vote Conservative, if they vote at all, who can consequently be alienated without electoral cost – and eagerly listing the nasty things a Tory government would do to them.

This might be an effective way of garnering votes, but it’s hardly statesmanlike. It’s surely not a political technique that any of us, including those inclined to resent benefit claimants, are proud to see from our leaders.
What infuriates me about critics of the letter is that, rather than simply disagreeing with its contents, they take issue with the fact that it was written at all. Bishops should not comment on this sort of thing, they reckon. On wealth and poverty, on how our communities are governed, on right and wrong. It’s fine for Russell Brand, but not for the leaders of our established church – that’s apparently the Tory view now. They should just smile and nod like the Queen, while hell breaks out around them.
I think that any true Christian who is a Tory voter and I am sure some do exist, must be getting very uncomfortable about now.

The one day a week [as Mr Ohso calls them] Christians will be fine with it. Worship on Sunday to keep up appearances, and break the ten commandments without a sliver of guilt the rest of the week.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Love the pot of Lib Dems bubbling away at the top of the cartoon. :clap:
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Too many delude themselves by charitable deeds,whilst ignoring their part in creating the need in the first place.
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Afternoon all.
Returning from a week in Ireland yesterday, I was surprised to see a massive "Welsh Conservatives" poster in a field next to the A40 between Fishguard & Haverfordwest. Is that part of Wales a Tory hot bed, or is it just a lone farmer?

Today's Telegraph shows how far into the gutter its sinking with an inuendo-based "story" claiming that Islamic radicals are practicing Militant-style "entryism" into the government after Baroness Warsi & Nick Clegg gave official roles to people linked with a fundamentalist "megamosque" in London.
BTL comments not allowed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ehall.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

In strand two (reporting of all topics) Conservative politicians were featured more than 50% more often than Labour ones (24 vs 15) across the two time periods on the BBC News at Six. So the evidence is clear that BBC does not lean to the left it actually provides more space for Conservative voices.

http://www.newstatesman.com/broadcast/2 ... biased-bbc

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/ass ... alysis.pdf
It's always a good idea to rake over old coals :D
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

danesclose@

The only place I've seen mass Tory posters on show around this neck of the woods is in Pembrokeshire.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

HindleA wrote:Too many delude themselves by charitable deeds,whilst ignoring their part in creating the need in the first place.
Not forgetting you get tax relief on money donations. The rich never do something for nothing.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

LadyCentauria wrote:Rather an excellent cartoon by Chris Riddell on the bishops' letter to voters, Uncle Screwtape writes a letter of admiration to 'Dear Dave':

To my shame I actually had to look up The Screwtape Letters :oops: and now understand the finesse of the letter to Dave being signed by Uncle Screwtape (rather than just the devil) but even without that knowledge it's a fine cartoon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Screwtape_Letters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... agreements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Care and support:what is changing ?"

Paul Lewis,pointing out advice regarding deferred payments in 2.4 is incorrect as value of home is always ignored if spouse etc ,lives there.