Friday 6th March 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 6th March 2015

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

David Lindsay ‏@davidaslindsay 7m7 minutes ago
So, three anti-@Ed_Miliband, anti-@UKLabour panellists out of three on #newsnight. @Dannythefink @PCollinsTimes @greenmiranda
One of their journos got shirty with me when I said he wouldn't have said "tortous debates about TV debates" if Miliband was arsing about.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

RogerOThornhill wrote:This bit from the article...
According to the draft speech, Cameron will say: “Academies and free schools are most likely to be good or outstanding,” adding “free schools do not just help the performance of their pupils, but pupils in surrounding schools”.
First bit - note that he hasn't said "more likely to be Good or Outstanding than LA schools" since the DfE have already admitted comparisons are not valid.

Second bit - wonder how they can prove that? Correlation isn't causation...
I don't see how he can claim they're "most likely to be Good or Outstanding than LA schools" either, then. Surely that's a comparison of sorts, too?
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

LadyCentauria wrote:
According to the draft speech, Cameron will say: “Academies and free schools are most likely to be good or outstanding,” adding “free schools do not just help the performance of their pupils, but pupils in surrounding schools”.
First bit - note that he hasn't said "more likely to be Good or Outstanding than LA schools" since the DfE have already admitted comparisons are not valid.

I don't see how he can claim they're "most likely to be Good or Outstanding than LA schools" either, then. Surely that's a comparison of sorts, too?
He changed the word to get round UK Stats calling them on it. He knows nobody will ask who he means.

That's the sort of liar he is.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

LadyCentauria wrote:

I would imagine the "most likely" means >50% which is correct - what they can't do is what they used to do with tiresome regularity which was to compare against LA schools.

According to the TES there are 600 schools that were rated as outstanding which haven't been inspected for 7 years - 100 for more than a decade.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Wow, I'll tweet that last bit!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:She also wrote this drivel.

http://www.progressonline.org.uk/2009/1 ... y-burnham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We are worried, therefore, about your announcement that henceforth the NHS is the “preferred provider” of NHS services.
Well isn't that the shit, Asato, it's not New Labour anymore.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn 12m12 minutes ago
It appears a Tory has emailed PM's big free school + budget speech on Monday to wrong bod, and Labour have leaked to @patrickwintour. Oops.
James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 14m14 minutes ago
Tories blaming LibDems for leak of early draft of PM free school speech with wrong numbers. But why are Libs seeing PM campaign speeches?
Bunglers. Bungling - possibly the only thing the Tories excel at.
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

citizenJA wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:She also wrote this drivel.

http://www.progressonline.org.uk/2009/1 ... y-burnham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We are worried, therefore, about your announcement that henceforth the NHS is the “preferred provider” of NHS services.
Well isn't that the shit, Asato, it's not New Labour anymore.
Her Tory opponents fired it back at her, and she said something about not taking it to "extremes".

She'll get it brought up by the Greens too.

And fair play to them.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:Ed Miliband: No plans for SNP deal if Labour fail to win majority at election
http://linkis.com/www.mirror.co.uk/new/xgPpY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Wow, I'll tweet that last bit!
It's from here.

https://news.tes.co.uk/b/news/2015/02/2 ... ecade.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

I keep finding references to Tories and shit today ... Sorry for lowering the tone considerably - but have just discovered possibly the strangest, most extreme of these via Martin Rowson - 'Tories With The Shits'.

https://twitter.com/ToryBadGuts
Working on the wild side.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Wow, I'll tweet that last bit!
It's from here.

https://news.tes.co.uk/b/news/2015/02/2 ... ecade.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight.
Love
JA
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Would Dave do the debate if they gave him some fish to point at?
Ed did say that he'd debate Cameron any time, any plaice, anywhere...
But Cameron will just skate around any commitment...
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Goodnight dear @JA. Sorry it's a bit late but sweet dreams to you :)
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House

Post by LadyCentauria »

Hobiejoe wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:Would Dave do the debate if they gave him some fish to point at?
The fathead can't carp if the debates go on without him now...
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

Hobiejoe wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:
He is, after all, a Dab hand at this, and telling him otherwise will cause Pouting.

OK, I think that's all I've got.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Hodges truly is a loathsome slug of a creature isn't he.

No evidence anywhere to support his claims yet he declares his own opinion as if was representative of the country at large. :toss:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (100.39 KiB) Viewed 8695 times
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

Hobiejoe wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: Ed did say that he'd debate Cameron any time, any plaice, anywhere...
He is, after all, a Dab hand at this, and telling him otherwise will cause Pouting.

Hope you don't mind but I'm floundering somewhat so I will just perch here awhile.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
So, three anti-@Ed_Miliband, anti-@UKLabour panellists out of three on #newsnight. @Dannythefink @PCollinsTimes @greenmiranda
One of their journos got shirty with me when I said he wouldn't have said "tortous debates about TV debates" if Miliband was arsing about.
The broadcasters have come up with their formula. It's up to the bacon faced pisstrumpet to say yes or no. Simple as that. What it has to do with Ed Miliband is anyone's guess. End of.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

pk1 wrote:Hodges truly is a loathsome slug of a creature isn't he.

No evidence anywhere to support his claims yet he declares his own opinion as if was representative of the country at large. :toss:
Well Hodges is a complete arsewipe, so why is he being quoted? He's a Tory. Just wait, come May 5-6th, he'll pen a sadface article about how "Red Ed's" party is far too left wing to vote for and how, with a sad heart, hw's voting Tory (his natural home).

I'll put a tenner on it, as I see it as a slam dunk.
Hobiejoe
Minister of State

Post by Hobiejoe »

pk1 wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote:
Hobiejoe wrote: But Cameron will just skate around any commitment...

Hope you don't mind but I'm floundering somewhat so I will just perch here awhile.
Oh, I say, well played m'lady.

Time for bed for me, Best wishes to you all.
Spacedone
Whip

Post by Spacedone »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
The broadcasters have come up with their formula. It's up to the bacon faced pisstrumpet to say yes or no. Simple as that. What it has to do with Ed Miliband is anyone's guess. End of.
But like everything for the last 5 years it has to be Labour's fault, it's one of the universal laws of physics or something.

It's interesting to see how the right-wing journos have split on this issue between those who can see how bad this looks for Cameron and the Tories and those who are valiantly trying to hold the new Party line of the debates being unimportant, nobody being interested and we should all move on to discuss the important new squirrel policy that was hurriedly announced...
thatchersorphan
Committee Chair

Post by thatchersorphan »

https://nzsocialjusticeblog2013.wordpre ... ms-part-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Very long but about new zealand disability benefits as well as uk

The last 2 paragraphs are worrying, theres a link to part 2 also, haven't read that one